Review for schools in Frazer Town or Sarjapur Road - Need Feedback please !!!!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by outofthebox, Sep 21, 2011.

1. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

We are on the lookout for good CBSE Schools around Frazer Town or Sarjapur Road

These are the list of schools that we could get from google search for CBSE Schools.If any one can identify any of these schools in this list, can you please provide your feedback like admissions/school culture/fees etc.,
    My daughter is now in LKG, and we would look for admission to U.K.G. So we need to know when admissions begin also....

I would really really really appreciate it if anyone can help me in this.
    Or if any other CBSE Schools in Frazer Town or Sarjapur Road, we can hunt it down.

Cannot afford exorbitant fees like in lakhs ....! so some moderate fee structure is what we are looking at.

Need feedback/reviews on schools around Frazer Town/Sarjapur Road

In Frazer Town

1) Deva Matha Central School
    Address: #16, HRBR Horamavu, Banaswadi Road, Benson Town , Bangalore

2) Bright Public School
    Address: 72, Nehru Road, St. Thomas Town , Bangalore

3) CMR National Public School
    St. Thomas Town

4) Holy Angels Higher Primary School in Frazer Town
    Cleveland Town, Frazer Town, Bangalore – 560005

In Sarjapur Road

BRS Global Centre For Excellence
    #15/3, Kasavanahalli,
    Near Amrita School of engineering,
    Sarjapur Main Road,
    Bangalore-560035

Really really need help ....! This is for next year, but we felt that further delay will cause last minute rushes ! Request anyone to help with 1st hand information, or from anyone who knows relevant information...

Thanks....

2. jeyan

jeyan New IL'ite

Hi Outofthebox,

I was in Benson town for sometime (near Frazer town). If you are looking for good christian school you can try Clarence School or St.John's both are CBSC and with good reputation.

Regards

3. outofthebox

Hi Jeyan,

Very nice of you to drop by and comment ! Thanks so much....
    Its not that I am looking for Christian schools,....in fact only christian schools came up on google search.

We contacted Clarence School and got info on admission time & fees, but I think it is ICSE and not CBSE. So, want to try out more.....

And is St. John's also CBSE ? I was thinking it would be ICSE. Can you give me an idea as to the location of this school ? We can try calling that school to find out.

Apart from that, if you know non-Christian schools around that area, please share....but we are more towards CBSE schools as 1st preference......

Thanks again...

4. outofthebox

Hello Ppl..this is really very important for us...those of you who are viewing by, please try to get some info and any small feedback would definitely help us narrow down more ...looking for more support out here....

If possible please get me feedback on BRS Global Centre For Excellence & Bright Public School........:bowdown

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Outofthebox,

You can consider some of these CBSE schools in Sarjapur/Marathahalli/Outer Ring Road area:

1. Gear Innovative (good feedback)
    2. DPS Sarjapur (good feedback)
    3. New Horizon Gurukul, ORR (new setup,ok feedback)
    4. Zee school, Harlur (HSR area, new setup)
    5. NPS, HSR
    6. Freedom International (HSR, ok feedback)
    7. Vagdevi Vilas (Marathahalli, ok feedback)

Sorry, no feedback on BRS Global apart from the fact that it is new setup. I am curious about your two locations - Frazer town and Sarjapur - both are in different directions (assuming that your workplace would be in one of these two locations). Anyways, hope this helps. All the best.

6. outofthebox

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your time on giving me this feedback....well yes, we are still deciding where to get ourselves located ! should be either of these 2 places..so trying our best to hunt down some good schools...

Ok....I think I had come across Gear Innovative...but feedback was not so positive....but in any case, do you know of anyone studying there ? .....and yes DPS we are impressed by their website, but came to know that that school is in a little interior part and the nearest livable location maybe around 7 km....so at this time, we dont want our kid to travel so much in initial stages...otherwise, we felt that this school has quite a no. of activities.....which could suit in a little more grown up stage....

Vagdevi Vilas is a little farther from where we would want to get ourselves located....anyway we will try that as well.....

Thanks a lot for these leads...we wil try these schools which you have listed...and definitely once we make up our mind, which I think would take a couple more months, will give my feedback here for sure !

Pls keep me posted if you have further info....esp BRS...as that could be close to where we may have to stay...not decided though.....

7. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Outofthebox,

Some detailed reviews below:

1. Gear: My kid is in Montessori at Gear. I am satisfied with the school. It may not have the best of infrastructure, but it works. School is very child friendly, and have heard great things from parents who are sending kids to higher grades. The principal may not appear friendly, and may even sound rude and arrogant. But he is extremely focused on the kids and school. Fees are high. School is open for admissions throughout the year, based on availability of seats.

2. DPS East: Have good feedback from friends sending kids there. Class size is a bit on the higher side. Most of the folks who stay in Sarjapur/Bellandur area send kids to DPS - value for money and DPS brand name.

3. New Horizon Gurukul: Just couple of years old. This school has a sister branch - New Horizon Public school, which is ICSE and is quite old and reputed. Gurukul is on the same road as Gear school. Management appears to be money minded and quotes admission fees as high as 2L in cash (please read all reviews). School appears to be ok. Homework in kindergarten is high.

4. Vagdevi Vilas: Traditional school. Use traditional way of teaching (eg A for apple, B for Ball... whereas rest of the world has moved to phonetics).

DPS, New Horizon and Vagdevi will open for admissions in October. Most of the schools in Frazer town area will be ICSE (but most of them are reputed and old schools).

All the best.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  8. outofthebox

hey Pamela, wow that was great to have a detailed feedback...this is more like what I am looking for.....great ! thanks a ton.....well, now looks like BRS, DPS, Gear could come under our school hunt list now...!

by the way, is this is the correct website address of gear school (http://www.gear.ac.in/)...and since you mentioned that your kid is in that school.....just trying to get first hand info from you....does this school make use of emails/website to communicate to parents ? I mean in case we will be held up due to work, and if only emails are the way that can also help us be in touch with teachers, is it happening ? And also, do they have regular parent meetups ? Because I believe that not only teachers are responsible for their kids growth....we as parents also need to give in our time, which I have practically experienced now.....so just trying to make sure of how interactive the teachers are with parents, and how well do the teachers help address any sort of children related issues.....

thanks a lot once again...though we have not really zeroed down, I hope that even if I dont end up puttng my kid here, atleast some one else can...hope to hear from you again ! thanks again !

9. outofthebox

hey Pamela, wow that was great to have a detailed feedback...this is more like what I am looking for.....great ! thanks a ton.....well, now looks like BRS, DPS, Gear could come under our school hunt list now...!

by the way, is this is the correct website address of gear school (http://www.gear.ac.in/)...and since you mentioned that your kid is in that school.....just trying to get first hand info from you....does this school make use of emails/website to communicate to parents ? I mean in case we will be held up due to work, and if only emails are the way that can also help us be in touch with teachers, is it happening ? And also, do they have regular parent meetups ? Because I believe that not only teachers are responsible for their kids growth....we as parents also need to give in our time, which I have practically experienced now.....so just trying to make sure of how interactive the teachers are with parents, and how well do the teachers help address any sort of children related issues.....

thanks a lot once again...though we have not really zeroed down, I hope that even if I dont end up puttng my kid here, atleast some one else can...hope to hear from you again ! thanks again !

10. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

outofthebox,

During begining of the session, there is an orientation for parents along with Q&A session for parents. Apart from that, the Montessori teachers communicate via a communicator that is sent every day. Since I pickup and drop my child every day, I get to interact with the teacher almost every day. Incase you want to discuss whats happening in the class, you can drop a note in the communicator to meet the teacher, and they are open to discussions any weekday after school. PTMs are held twice in an year, which I agree is less, but given that the teachers are available to meet the parent any day after school, we were ok with it.
    The school sends out a monthly communication over email on what was taught for Montessori students. For Mont. the school does not encourage parents teaching kids writing etc. They ask parents to focus on general learning, activities etc.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.