1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silky Smooth skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by NGayu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

well, sounds kinda messy! just kidding.. ;)

2. Peterlee

Peterlee New IL'ite

Nice tips, Thanks to all.

3. GayathriSri

GayathriSri New IL'ite

The 'oil cleansing method' :thumbsup that dhanikka suggested really worked wonders...i used 1 part of castor oil with 4 parts of coconut oil(this is what I had in hand)...i applied the mix on my face n neck...massaged it for a couple of minutes...put a steaming hot towel on my face and let it rest for a couple of mins ..as soon as the towel went cold, idid the steaming once again...thats it...2 mins work..and my face was looking fresh....i'm planning to do it again after 2/3 days....one suggestion 'donot scrub your face...the steam itself should help remove the dirt and the sticky oil off of ur face...

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

woowww thanks alot for sharing this one

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Whats the connection between cleansing and hair growth?!
    Hyperpigmentation from acne marks: use sunscreen, hydrate, use a brightening serum.

You're welcome. Let me know if it worked for you. : )

Gayathri, thanks for coming back and posting. Glad it worked for you. : ).

6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Dhanika for your tips.Am going to try oil cleansing method.Can you suggest me a good brand of almond oil that we get it here? Also which facial serum gives good results? Never tried one before.Want to hear from you.

Thanks gayathrishri for giving your feed back.It really helps others a lot.

7. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

You're welcome Hemlatha.

Brand of almond oil, I've mostly used the Now brand, you can find it in health food stores, and online (on Amazon) etc. You could also use any other oil - sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, olive oil... they should all work, Castor oil is the magic element that draws out the impurities from your pores, so make sure you use Castor oil with another carrier oil like the ones mentioned above. You should actually be able to find them just about anywhere :)

Serum - is more subjective, you might want to test a couple brands and kinds based on your skin's specific needs. I've eventually settled on Shiseido's stuff (Benefiance and Bio-performance lines), most of it agrees very well with my skin's needs, but it might not work for everyone - the key is to figure out what your skin needs, read the labels, read the reviews (esp. from people whose skin is like yours), and then sticking to a simple routine. : )

1 person likes this.
  8. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for your prompt reply dhanika. I really appreciate it.

9. swats123

swats123 New IL'ite

Daanika, do you wash your face with cold water after the oil cleansing method? I mean to close the pores... or is steaming the last step?

10. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

You could, but isn't necessary. Its pretty flexible and you could tweak it as suits your skin's needs.

The only thing to be careful about it is to adjust the frequency of how often you do this, too much, and the Castor oil will dry out your skin causing flakiness. Too little, and it might not seem like its doing much. I don't do it any more than twice a week or so.