1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is your hubby your best friend?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ravisanu, Jul 4, 2009.

1. akhi20

akhi20 Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu..!!:).
    Yes My Husband Is My Best Freind........!!!
    How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am to have my hubby in my life? He is my best friend in the good times and my rock in times of sorrow.He the reason for sweet yesterdays and my promise for tomorrow.I never thought I could feel this loved until I became his wife....!!

2. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

I could see mixed replies, but a more of yes here rather than a more NO's

He is my best friend, but I am not his best friend.
    I want him to be as open as I am, why hide for the simple reason that I am feel sorry or hurt, it is ok, I am matured to understand.
    If you ask me what I want him to change for me the list is BIG.....................
    For if you ask me what I want change for his sake in myself ......I have done it all and the only thing that remains is my voice....he says I am loud speaker.....I need to reduce my tone. Which I think I can never do.:bonk

:bowdownOMG help me.............

Kavitha.

3. Suhasini123

Suhasini123 Senior IL'ite

Yes.. Yes... Yes..

Actually, we were best friends before we decided to marry and we still continue the same friendship till now.

We used to discuss everything ranging from the most serious matters from the utter silly issues. Sometimes, our parents wonder what we talk over the phone for hours :bonk

I used to share everything with my DH, so he is. I believe there is no secret between us. I can't hide anything, including my ILs account to my DH.... Coz I am that used to tell him everything.

Though sometimes, revealing secrets create issues between us, but it all vanish off because of the strong bond and understanding between us.

4. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Yes, I share all my feelings with DH. I am really bad at keeping secrets from him.

Sometimes, not always.

My DH is very laid back. He has no particular ambition in life and he doesnt feel it is important to save for future or try for a better life. He is in his mid 30s and things like make an investment or buy a house is nowhere in his plans even though he earns well enough to afford it.He is the kind of person who lives for today with no particular plan for future.

In one way it is good because he is always relaxed and cheerful. Unlike a lot of his friends and colleagues, I never see him worried and stressed out about promotions or paying off loans.But still, being a non-working wife and mom of an infant,sometimes I feel insecure and I wish he would think about future.

Be slightly more thoughtful about future.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

How did I miss this thread !! :bonk

Wether my hubby is my best friend ?

NO. None can replace my best friends and so it is about hubbypie ! :)

Will you share all your feelings with your husband just like your best friend?

Depends. On what he wants to hear and what he doesnt ! I dont share anything and everything with my best friends either !! ;-)

Will he give you best ideas and full support in all the things which you do?

Huh ? Best ? I dont know. Sensible, Yes !
    About being supportive, he has no go, he knows !! :biggrin2:

What is the change which you want to see in him so that you can live a better life then now?

My life cannot get any better ! I am happy with what I have and in store ! :thumbsup

What is that you want to change for him ?

He shouldnt change.. That is all ! I know he wont. :kiss Moreover, if he does change, then i have to as well ! I dont have any time and patience for all that !! ;-)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. indsunusdar

indsunusdar New IL'ite

yes my husband is good friend. how much i suffered for 3 days when he was in ICU after his open heart surgery for a replacement of ARTO VALVE (AVR). he is my best friend because 30years we were together in all the time. i can not forget the 3 days and night suffering i had with out him . now today i am happy to be with him after year of recovery. he is all for me . i thank GOD

7. DiwyaSiri

DiwyaSiri Bronze IL'ite

Yeah.... My DH is my best friend. He is so supportive, adjustable and understandable...

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi very interesting questions..

Nothing

9. swathika

swathika Junior IL'ite

Will you share all your feelings with your husband just like your best friend?
    I dont think I share all my feelings with him. I feel that there are compartments in life and there are a couple of things that I dont share with him completely. Its not to do with the fact that I have something to hide but just that he probably would not understand the importance plus I have others with whom I can share say like my parents.

Will he give you best ideas and full support in all the things which you do?
    Yes he does. Most of the times I get good ideas on stuff that I go to him with.

What is the change which you want to see in him so that you can live a better life then now?
    I dont think I would want to change him. Not that he is perfect but the change will no longer make him the person that he is. I guess I just learnt to take his less than perfect things in my stride.

What is that you want to change for him?
    He probably would like me to be more organized at the home front for the less important stuf f as well. Not that I plan to as I feel the same rule as above applies to me as well.