1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Sorry for this delay very busy with Aditi. She is babbling a lot n trying to say
    appa. She started telling thatha, athai at 5 months. Especially when I sing she makes lots of sound. Aditi got resemblance from dad n talking from amma.

Vanathi Aadhu is so cute. His eyes are lovely plz do drushti suthal. Whom does he resemble?

Lakshmi u can give her cereal. I started in 4 months n I am also BF till now. So as far as I know u can start. I am pretty sure u will be feeling very tired n feeling hungry a lot.
    Cerelac is a cereal right so plz give that in a bowel not in bottle(my doc said). Hope this helps.

:welcomeNivedha. u must be a busy mom. Whats ur cutie pies name?

Will return soon........

Bye for now

-Dhivya

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Nivedita....:welcome Do tell us a little more abt yourself and your children. What are their names? Do you work?

Lakshmi...I faced the same problem with Aadhu which was why I started Cerelac Rice even though its considered better to wait until 6 mnths. It may also be a growth spurt in which case it will get better in a week or so. With Aadhu I waited a couple of weeks and then couldnt handle the hourly feeding and so started solids. If you are starting then either Cerelac Rice or ragi kanji is a good way to start. Better to make it thickish and give with spoon from the begining rather than a bottle. The first 2-3 days Aadhu used to push most of it out until he understood how to eat from a spoon. I started with 1 scoop at around lunchtime and after a week made it 1 scoop in the evening also. Now we are at 2 scoops twice a day. He likes it a lot now and next week (after he completes 5 mnths) I'm going to start ragi as well. Make sure you boil the feeding cup/spoon well before each use (5 -10 mins in boiling water). Also restrain his hands and put a bib on the kid. I didnt the first time and ended up with Cerelac over my face, hair, his face, hair, hands, clothes etc. Both of us had to have a bath! All the best!

Dhivya.....Aditi sounds like such a darling. Cant wait to see her pic! As for Aadhu...his eyes are mine but the rest of him is more like his Dad with a hint of my Dad as well. My FIL does a drishti suthal every Sunday :)

Take care everyone,

Vanathi.

Vanathi.

3. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Vanathi
    I have a question. Last week I had appointment for Aditi's flu shot(second one) but one of the nurse from my pediatricians office called n said that they r out of flu vaccines n asked me to go some where else(they didn't help). So I tried other places but negative result.

My Husbands colleagues wife is a nurse n she said its not necessary since Aditi is not going to day care.
    My question does she really need one? I worried coz I can't find a place for her to get the shot.

Thanks in Advance
    -Dhivya

4. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I really wonder how you all get time to post ur replys to lot of threads mainly Dhivya and Suneetha how u managage even working with a small kid.For me in the morning its very busy.I will get time when he sleeps in the mornng around 10 oclock to 11;30.Really i appreciate u guys.
    Vanathi a small question for u Srihass is little bit under wait thats the main concern for me and doctor. Actually we have to see the doctor after ninth month visit only when he is one year old but iam seeing the doctor this 14th because of his weight.When he was born he is like 5lbs and 15ozs. Now last month he is like 16 and half lbs.So what to do_Other than this he is very active.
    As u said there are no sibbling rivelries on top of that Vineet want to buy a lot of stuff to his bro which we didnt plan also.Its just two months for his birthday we started planning for his birthday.If any one of u have any idea of birthday games please let me know.
    bye Vanisri

5. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    Thxs a lot! will start giving Preethi cerelac....
    and yes Vanathi, will sure put on bib on Preethi :mrgreen:..
    and Aadhu looks cute..:kiss
    Vanathi .. ur name is sweet wat does it mean? queen of forest??

Divya.. Aditi seems to busy picking words.. my kisses and hugs to her...

i have attached preethi snaps she was 3 month wen the pic was taken..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,

Sorry I'm a bit late with this...Aadhu had his immunizations in the morniing and has been a bit cranky.
    Lakshmi....Preethi looks like such a doll....does she look different now? My name is after a character in 'Ponniyin selvan' by Kalki. Vanathi was Raja Raja Chola's queen.

Dhivya....since we dont give the flu vaccine routinely in India i am going by info from textbooks/journals etc. Dont worry if you cant give the second shot this yr. As her chances of exposure are low anyway you can give 2 shots next season and then yearly after that. Even the one you have given will be partially protective,

Vanisri - I looked up Srihaas wt on the chart and he seems to have started out at the bottom of the chart and is continuing along the same rate. He will probably end up being a slim person with no weight issues in later life! How is his bro wt-wise? Are you and DH also thin people? I doubt that there's anything to worry abt now. You can try to give him high-calorie food but very often such kids also tend to be picky eaters and it may be difficult to get him to eat carbs/fat.

Have to go now...Aadhu is crying. Ciao.

Vanathi.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Vanisri - forgot to add. My close friiend's daughter was just like Srihaas. Abt 6 lbs at birth and 16 lbs at 1 yr. Now she is 2 and a half and weighs 33 lbs and is as tall as an average 4 yr old! And there we were predicting that she would be a small adult! Some kids just dont follow any rules! So dont worry, things might change.

Vanathi.

8. SS2007

SS2007 New IL'ite

Hello everybody,

Welcome aboard Nivedhita ! what are your kid's names? How are the siblings getting along ?

Lakshmi, Preethi looks very cute. Such sweet eyes.

Shivya, ur profile picture with U and Adhiti is very cute. She is very cute and so are U :).

Vanathy, U rock !.. keeping the group active.

As for me, I am looking forward for the weekend... get to spend time with my cutie pie. In fact, I have grinded batter yesterday and also I did laundry... so I can free up my time and play with him. He loves to play peek-a-boo. He babbles a lot says " tha..tha..tha.. " and "na..na..na". Its a joy to watch.

Take care folks. luv- SS.

9. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Vanathi its nice to know the meaning of ur name. Thanks for ur reply,today i have doc appintment so he gained about a pound.So doc is very happy that what she will tell no need worry give what ever u are giving.And dont give up on anthing unless its like 12th time keep trying but give a week intrvel on anything. Like iam trying to give egg he dosent like she told to give white like a finger food and keep trying.Even with yougrt how to try give him the yougrt.Any ideas.
    As for my older one wt wise he is on lower side,like he is 10 yr old and weighs 72 lbs.Pickey eater.Weight wise he is good 95%ile.
    Laksmi preethi is very cute.And Dhivya Aditti and ur looking very pretty.I like girls alot.I thought i will get a girl this time after a long time apart but no luck.I had a crochted pink color swater hanged in my entrence , so who ever comes will oh Vani u like girls alot right so better luck next time so will reply after ten years.Suneetha how is siddharth doing.
    You girls do you know that picturepeople is giving a free potrait for christmas one potrait is free u can get the coupon in the net www.picturepeople.com.I took srihass and Vineet last saturday. They came out good .
    bye Vanisri

10. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi vanathi ,

Nice of you to start such an active group. I have a friend named Vanathi like urs in CA. Nice names - Vanathi and Aadhavan.

I'm not sure , whether I can join this group since my Son is 4 yrs old , as the title says its for 'Mothers with babies below 1 yr old'. when i went thru this Thread, i really like to meet all you Grt Moms, sharing ur play n care of ur cutie pies. Waiting for ur reply..to proceed further.

Tc..bye..

Cheers,
    Pinky.:wave