Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    just saw the gravies to be frozen. This will be real help for making subjis in a jiffy. You have said WHITE PASTE, what is that? I can make these and freeze so that I will have less work when A comes home, though I will be making his fav. dishes.
    I baked a atta maida bread today. It looks ok, will post photo once I slice it. I also make Rajasthani Ram kichdi for myself for lunch. Will post that photo too. Planning to make korda for tiffin.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

White paste is the whitepaste posted first, in the recipe beginning..

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

Nice to hear about the vacation. and also your meticulously planned menu..

i now make pressure cooker sambhar only for us and go the long route only when V is here.

have been moving around hospitals for C and FIL. C fell sick last week, scans and blood test..she has left ovary inflammation and PCOD..it is really scary to think kids this young get them.. between fil's physio and other things, rice combos, and simple curries and kootus did the trick and i have milagu kuzhambu and thokkus as usual.

My birthday i gifted myself a juicer and i like it.. next time V is going to tell you to space out the new gadgets a little farther.. it is a whisker two months back and now the juicer..:hide:

WE have a bunch of bananas and i told fil to have them..he told me, let them ripe more and you will definitely make those cakes and muffins..he tells me he only now understood why S leaves 1 apple /2 bananas to over ripe. :bonk:spin

congrats on the new mw. you to vidya.

Missed you here..

4. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

:thankyou2:

Chitra maami, Varloo, baby raji and radhaparth - thank you, thank you.

special thanks to all the lovely ladies for liking the post as well - thanx shanvy, saraswati pv, archana k c, VLR, Nitha j, radhaparth, arunasantosh and hridaya

warm regards
    deepa

5. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra Maami

I'm back to IL after a long time...Vaideesh is doing fine...Me carrying and expecting the second baby in next four months time :)

I have recently tried one of your Amla pickles and it turned out to be yummy. I had also served it to the guests who visited us for a get together over lunch...they simply loved it and requested me to pack some pickle for them :)

I am going to try new recipies of yours. Especially the murukus and thenkuzal ones...I am going to try the ones where in I can use only the readyly available powders. So, please do help me in giving the links of these. Also I have found this interesting recipie..."Atta-Maida Thenkuzal" under "tiffin and snaks"...I have a silly doubt but its better to get it cleared before I proceed...Is the "Atta" here refering to wheat flour? My second question here is with the consistancy of the dough...should it be of "Chapathi Maavu" consistancy or it should be much looser?

Please let me know Maami...I will try these recipies out and post the outcome :)

6. Chitvish

Shan, yet another ego booster that you missed me!!:hide:
    It is shocking to know that such young girls get all these problems. Well, maladies of modern life!:rant
    Juicer is such a good investment & I love carrot juice most!
    Now a days I like only pr: cooker sambhar because only then the raw sambar podi smell is lost completely!!
    I permanently stock ripe bananas & add on to every smoothy for bulk & creamy texture :thumbsup

7. Chitvish

1 person likes this.
  8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra madam...
    After a long gap.. Five month old and 3 year old is keeping me "blissfully" busy..

I wanted to thank for a couple of basic recipes which floored J's mother
    1. Idli recipe : She is totally surprised at the "preethi mixie" idli :)) Thanks for the proportions and the tips for softer idlies.. Now my sil also started adding "aval" to her idli batter after my mils suggession.
    2. Paniyaram: Winner
    3. Poori : Amma is amazed at the puffy poori (and it stays soft even the next day; in her words)
    4. Ven Pongal: She loved it
    5. Mushroom biryani: Better than any store brought biryani; was her compliment :)
    6 Easy Veg Pulao : She loved it very much; and said I can eat it everyday LOL

Lil one is crying ...more later

Thanks
    Nitha

9. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Can you plz let me know whether you have posted any recipe for sarkkara puratti (sarkkara varatti) ,made with plantains which is a must during onam . I searched in the sweets as well as the old is gold section. I couldnt find it there. I have tried making before but didnt turn out to be crispy as it should be. Any tips?

love,
    Mrs.

10. Chitvish