Miscarriage in my Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Mellow, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

It feels extremely sad to share this news with you all. I lost my 2nd pregnancy. I was pregnant with my 2nd child and the child died in the womb at 8 weeks. I was asked to self induce my miscarriage to get the baby out.

Its sad to ask, but have any of you gone through this ?
    How soon after miscarriage can we get pregnant again ?
    Will the miscarriage cause any fertility problems ?
    Also, how did you guys deal with this emotionally ?

Thanks,
    Mellow

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mellow

Sorry to hear @ your sad news.One of my friends had a miscarriage in her 1st pregnancy itself and she was advised to wait for 6 months.Now she is pregnant again.So don't worry.Wishes and Prayers

3. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Dear mellow,
    Really srry for you.Pl take care of your health and dont be sad abt the loss(i know its easy to say)
    One of my frnd had a m/c in her 3rd month during oct 2009,by god's blessings she got pregnant by January 2010 and now she is holding a baby boy who is soon turning 1.
    So worrying may affect your health,pls be positive and leave the rest to god.Health is more important.
    Get advise from your doctor, he/she knows abt your health more than us.

Lots baby dust to you.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Mellow, I am so sorry to hear about this. I really wish i could say the right words to comfort you.
    Since I dont know what caused the loss, I think its better you follow what the doctor says. Dont try too soon, maybe there is a reason why you had a miscarriage. Jut to make sure, follow exactly what the doctor says.

I wish you speedy recovery and lots of happiness.

5. sweetestpal

sweetestpal New IL'ite

Really Sorry about your loss!! I was there in 2009. I had two miscarriages in the same year. One in 3rd month and next in 4th month. I understand what it is being there. My advice is to wait a while until you are emotionally ready for it. It's only time that can heal the wound............... Take care of yourself.

6. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks to all of you for your soothing words and kind advice.
    I had a Sonogram and my Uterus looks cleared up. I have a Doctor Consultation appointment in next few weeks.
    I wanna take the Hormonal Test to make sure there are no Pregnancy Hormones present in the blood stream. This I think will help me be at ease before I start trying again. Hope god and goddess bless us with a bundle of joy pretty soon.

Also, have set up a goal to reduce 20 pounds in the next 2 months. Its hard but sooner the better.

Any advice on loosing weight and dieting is most appreciated.

Thanks
    Mellow

7. nikhy

nikhy New IL'ite

hi Mellow
    Really Sorry about your loss!!I lost my 2nd baby in the 22nd week.So I know what you must be going through.My doctor had advised me to keep a gap of at least 6 months before trying again.Right now I cant imagine going through all that again.
    For losing weight.. thanks for asking the question because I was wondering the same thing. My doctor told me to rest for 2 weeks and I assume that meant rest and only light exercise like a short walk around the neighborhood. I had miscarriage 2 weeks ago.I read somewhere that light exercise at first is best. I'm going to the gym to walk on the treadmill and do some light weightlifting for my arms then slowly work up to some serious exercise as the weeks go by.

8. Mellow

Mellow New IL'ite

Sweetestpal, Nikhy, so sorry to hear about your loos too.

Sweetestpal, can you please share when did your periods return to normal ?

Its been 4 weeks now since I Misscarried and see no signs of periods. Last Friday, my hubby and I got intimate ( no intercourse ) and I spotted like once each day for like 3 days. I called my Gyni office and spoke to the Nurse, she said that I might have my periods in the coming week. Its been a week but I have not got my periods.

When does the Normal period return after a miscarriage ?

Thanks,
    Mellow

9. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mellow, I know there is no point in saying not to worry. I had a miscarriage in 2008 when I was 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby. that was the toughest time of my life. The miscarriage happened in November. My periods returned 4 weeks later in December. My midwife told me that i need to wait for only 1 cycle to start trying again. I waited for one more cycle, ie. two cycles after the miscarriage. My baby is going to be 2 in October. If you miscarry during later weeks in the pregnancy it is advisable to wait longer. If it is 8 weeks, you ca start after 1 cycle and ONLY if you are ready mentally too.