1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Set Order to Gurgaon

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by shruthipraveen, Aug 4, 2011.

1. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Thankyou so much all.
    outofthebox, Thankyou so much for your appreciation-I have not done any training or formal course on Appliques.
    I just draw the picture of the animal on the cloth(free hand drawing), cut it out, fill in the details with hand embroidery(like eyes, mouth etc) , stick it on the dress using fabric glue and then give it to a place where they do machine embroidery because I don't know to do machine embroidery.
    And yes, getting the seams right and neat will take ages but it will happen. All the best on ur project. And don't worry, your friend will not mind if its not that neat. She'll definitely appreciate the thought and effort you've put in. :) Many of my friends' and cousins' kids were my guinea pigs before I had my daughter. But they all appreciated the sweetness behind it- its definitely not like buying something from the shop:-D

1 person likes this.
  2. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

hi shruthi ! that was very sweet of u to share your way of doing appliques ! ok...u get something called fabric glue? i have heard of fabric colors.....do u get those in normal stationary shops? u know what ? after i saw this order of yours, i was searching in google for appliques...and saw some videos on youtube that for making applique designs, there are some machines...i think i forgot to save that link...something like .....draw the pattern on computer...the computer reads it and draws it on the fabric....and cuts out the pattern you want....and then again stitches the cloth using some software...if i get that link again, shall post it...but its very interesting....if u are already doing some business...i think it would be wiser for you to invest in that....obviously u shud see the cost effectiveness...and you also have to catch up on some new skill ! why dont u try...cos my frank comment would be that, compared to your earlier orders...this one seemed so neat ! sorry, even i myself am new to tailoring, but just a frank comment from my side ! hope to see more and more great works from u !!!

3. shruthipraveen

Not sure abt chennai- here we get fabric glue only in sewing materials shops.
    And yes, I myself can see the difference in neatness with each new order. :) I've come a very long way and still a long way to go. :-D

4. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

hi shruthi...ok fine ....maybe i could find fabric glue in art & craft stores?! shud try....
    yes definitely the more we practice the more confident we can become with our works ! keep at it ...! :)
    in a while i will also start to work on some finishes for my daughter's frock...lets see how it turns out.....:)

5. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shruti
    the jablas are so cute and the work done on them are neat and eye catching. Thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  6. theamma

theamma Bronze IL'ite

That will make a perfect gift for a new born baby. I loved all the little outfits- the fish and duck are so cute. Thanks for sharing your work with us. You have done a fine job.

1 person likes this.
  7. radhikasurya

radhikasurya Senior IL'ite

all are beautiful and the baby girl who is going to where this is a little princess.

8. shruthipraveen

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shruthiparveen,

Congratulations are in order! This post was nominated to the FP of the month and I can see why!

These 'jablas' look adorable. Your applique work is very neat and all of them look very tasteful. You have an eye for colors and motives which are soft and neat and suitable for a baby. Good work and all the best!

L, Kamla

10. shruthipraveen

Thankyou so much for the compliments, Kamala- Infact I did not know this post was nominated for FP of the month until I read your post.