December 2011 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Rakhii, Apr 12, 2011.

1. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Thank you dear Vasu and Sangeetha:)

Had a very very long USG today.Nearly it took 60-75 mins.Evrything was fine and normal.Thanks to all wonderful ladies here,
    Babies were so stubborn and keep on doing somesaults and roll-overs.Lab technician found it really difficult to see their hearts and other parts.It was really super to see babies for sucha long time.My baby boy is having SUA(Single umbilical artery),doctor told it is not a big problem as they are growin fine(touchwood!)
    They showed me my babies hearts (its chambers),kidneys and brains,Boy made a super BIG yawn, everyone in the examination room laughed.It was the cutest thing,I mean the yawning part.Girl was busy sleeping,they shaked my stomach and pressed and after a little long struggle she showed her parts.hehe..
    Boy is first baby and then girl.

Hope everyone is doing great.
    Happy weekend girls:)
    Tc!!!

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmreddiar%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Kutty, ya, started the room but slowly doing it. Since my parents are here, both DH and I end up spending time with them; mostly things will start to roll fast after they leave. Will update the pictures as soon as I finish with it. Thanks for the tip of boppy pillow. I have seen them in walmart for lesser price, surprisingly. But I am planning on going with the one in babies r us.
    I am sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids. Kritin is a beautiful name Kutty! Actually I am also looking for pet names for my girl Kutty. Mostly we will settle with a short version of her real name.

Sangeetha, sorry to hear about the infection. Ya, try drinking as much water as you can manage. Don’t push yourself though. If you think you had enough, just leave it there.

Vaasanthi, CONGRATULATIONS! Its awesome that you are having one boy and one girl! What a wonderful family you are going to make! Really happy for you. Wish you all the best dear. I just seen your scan updates and glad to notice that both the babies are doing well and thriving. Happiness in store…God Bless.

Radhu, sorry to hear about low lying placenta. But I have heard several times that bed rest is a must to avoid premature delivery. Is there any agency or something like that where you can hire a full time maid? That way, she can take care of cooking and ceaning while you can just lay down on sofa and give her instructions? See if you can find someone like that.
    I understand your obligations towards newly weds. What has happened already has happened. Since mom must have arrived already, you can now rest up a bit.

My updates: I have taken the next week off again to spend some more time with my parents. Our girl is active most of the days but sometimes quite too. I also have slightly bleeding gum which I read in the books as common symptom around this time.

3. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

@vaasanthi
    HAppy to hear that the scan went well.....nice hear ur scan experience.As rakhii said happiness is in store....

@Rakhii

Good that u have take time for your parents, it would nice to spend time now and have all chit chats.Ya i too heard that bleeding gum is common now, but if become more better consult the Doc.

4. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Where are you girls??

Thank you Rakii and Sangeetha:)
    Tc

5. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

hearty congrats vasanthi.How nice to have a complete family in single pregnancy:).take good care of yourself..

6. jodi1617

jodi1617 New IL'ite

@ Vasanthi, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is indeed a perfect family :) Yawning is super cute nah? Even my baby boy had yawned as soon as the ultrasound technician started her job! I sincerely wish you all the best and don't worry, I pray that you, and every woman here has a full-term healthy baby.

7. jodi1617

jodi1617 New IL'ite

@Lopa, Hope you are doing well. I did have that balling feel near my navel (right side) just one day during my 21st week, but had it about 3-4 times that whole day, and I was pretty nervous!! When I called the nurse, if they start coming close, give us a call right away, and also was told if I move around and they go away, then not to worry. After that day passed, I never had that feeling again yet...But after 26th-28th week I think most of the people will have those BH contractions more often...Anyway, it was a scary feeling especially if it's the first time not knowing if it's real or false and what not! So you started feeling movements by 13th week huh? Are you sure those were movements and not internal gas? I think I started to feel movements from 18th week and it's pretty much everyday since then, though it's more one day than the other..

@Kutty, how are you doing? So your little son likes to come and kiss your tummy huh? That's sooo sweet :) My leg cramps and sciatic nerve pain is still the same with no relief :( When I checked with my doctor, she said to try out some stretching exercises or yoga, otherwise asked me to see a physiotherapist if it gets more painful. The sciatica problem is mainly during the night when I'm sleeping and it doesn't bother too much during daytime. Constipation is reduced also now - have increased intake of yogurt (with prune), some fiber powder , 2-3 bananas per day, and once I wake up in the morning I have a full glass of warm water daily. Hope I am disciplined that way throughout the next 3.5 months.

8. jodi1617

jodi1617 New IL'ite

@Vasanthi, Are you experiencing numbness in the abdomen or tightening sensation? Do talk to your doctor once as even I had a tightening sensation one day, and it went away soon enough though. And yeah, bleeding gums are quite common, it happens to me whenever I try to floss, don't worry just keep taking regular dental care.

@Kutty, so you speak Telugu huh? Me too :) I wish we were in the same city! Sometimes I am just soo soo tired after a work day, and with this pregnancy that I am just praying these next 3.5 months pass fast.

@Rakhii, I bet you're enjoying time with your parents. So how long are your parents here until? Will they be back in 8-9th month? My infection has come down now I think. My next appt is 24th week appt, which is on Sept 1st. I'll probably ask the doctor to retest just to be sure. Actually I do agree also, personal hygine is very imp during this time especially since our body is more prone to infections during this time. Since it's hard to reach down there and see when you shave, I'm just trimming using a mirror for now. I am also thinking of getting anti-bacterial wipes (the one's in doctor's offices) Doctor had told me it's pretty common here during summer time, as it gets very very hot here - however said some tips like - eat more yogurt, if your towel doesn't dry you completely there, use a blow drier with a low setting (as its very imp to keep yourself completely dry), wear only cotton underwear, not to use feminine sprays etc. But sometimes she said, there's no apparent reason why infections come - we just need to try and be extra careful, I guess.

@Ammani, how are you?

How are the other girls doing?

My updates - Except my usual pains (leg cramps, sciatica) everything else is okay! :) I'm have so very started counting down weeks now. I pray for a healthy full-term baby, but I already feel pregnancy in itself is so much to handle that I am completely exhausted some days. Any pain, even slight in my abdomen I get nervous and call the doctor right away just hear it's common! I think from last week, I was having this slight pain in right side of my tummy, and talking to the nurse I found out - it's round ligament pain. The pain is not severe or anything, but bothersome enough and is more prevalent when I turn etc. Also, after a long day at work, I come home these days with back pain! My husband said, he'll now start driving me to work from Sept as it's getting harder to drive also.

take care girls. will catch up soon.

9. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@Hello all mommies... [​IMG]

I had my doctor's appointment yday evening.... ([​IMG] by GOD's grace travel to the doctor's clinic was less bumpy than last month's as many of the potholes are being filled and roads are quite better... as the preparations for ganesh chaturthi are on!!) though i started bit late from home... my appointment was quick... by one hour i was back home

doctor checked weight (TOUCHWOOD!! from the time i know i conceived im at the same weight... i havent gained weight [​IMG]!!! and baby is growing (putting on weight) as per requirement for its gestational age that's what doc told!!
    (that mean's i lost weight which is gained by doctor (i hope it remains so hereafter until delivery so that i dont gain weight at all!! [​IMG])

BP was normal..(last time doc had told its slightly elevated and i need to take care that it doesnt go up more than that level... he also told me to control my salt intake!!) this time too doc told about controlling salt intake... but didn't stress too much on the same...

i asked him about the stomach pain especially on the left side and the tightness of the stomach... so he said its quite normal... it happens when the baby turns and sometimes baby's hand is moved so its feels like tightness... its nothing to worry and its normal he said...

they all said (doctor and the nurses there) said my feet were swollen a bit (i didnt find any swelling as my feet are broad and bit fleshy from before pregnancy itself!!) but still i drink lots of water... keep my leg elevated whenever possible, control my salt intake (for my sake my hubby has left eating all the salty spicy snacks as he doesn't want me to get tempted!!!)

i had the first dose of my Tetanus shot yday... though i didnt feel the pain when she inserted the needle... i was feeling the needle prick on the way home at home till yday nite!! (gals... this was my first injection in my life... though i had many during the dental work but to the body it was my first after the childhood immunization!! [​IMG] actually i was bit scared about how i wud react... wud i scream or create a ruckus there at the clinic!! [​IMG] but THANK GOD nothing like that happened)

regarding travel... doc said its best that i travel by the time i complete my seventh month (today my seventh month started... so i have complete one month from today to start packing and reach my hometown!! yipeeeeee [​IMG]) and functions will happen somewhere between 8th October and 20th October 2011 !![​IMG] and me and mom are discussing about (more and more now) doctors and hospitals and after care of the baby!! [​IMG]

health wise im feeling at the top of the world now!! (except for the tightness around the top of my stomach which doctor said was because the baby was moving!!) and eagerly waiting for one month to go by to enjoy pampering at my home town!! yipeeee [​IMG]

@HOW ARE ALL OTHER MOMMIES??

10. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Babycorn and jodi.

I feel numbness(in the righ ribcage-upper abdomen) only.Doctor told it will be like that only,as growing stomach will pull me down and so the nerves and hence the numbness.Also am overweight for my height.

My babies are giving super kicks.My entire stomach vibrates when both of them are active.
    Frequent visit to toilet has been increased.Really difficult to get up from bed now a days.Even to release few of drops of pee i need to go otherwise i feel very heavy in my stomach.
    My next doctor visit is by Sept 20.I have my GTT by that time.Little scared abt GD.I have reduced my sugar intake right from the begining.Fingers crossed.
    Luckily,my ob-gyn is also a twin mom.She is sharing her experience too then and there it really adding boost.
    I am craving for sweets after hearing my GTT test,what a human mind!! Persimmons are helping to satisfy sweet craving.

Ammani:-good to hear from you.
    If you sleep on left side swelling can be reduced.I read from internet.I dint get swelling so far(touchwood),I sleep on my left mostly.But its a phase of pregnancy.Nothing to worry.
    I also feel tightening after dinner,even if i eat 1 chappathi extra. My two babies together weigh 2.1lb as of last week.You baby is growing super good as per the ticker.

Hope all mommies are doing good!
    Tc girls!