Please help with your fibroid experience

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by redgems, Apr 27, 2011.

1. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

hi

This information i got from one website

Chasteberry is a potent ingredient in medications for fibroid cysts, help clear acne disorders, and even prevent miscarriages in pregnant women. Chasteberry contain flavoniods (helps in blood circulation), iridoid, terpenoids and glycosides. The action of these compounds on the pituitary glands and the production of the luteinizing hormone create a positive effect on women’s periods; it is thought that this hormone can assist women become pregnant. As a fertile aid, it will restore the hormonal balance while promoting the health of the reproductive system. If you use this as an aid for fertility, follow the directions prescribed.

The use of chasteberry was made popular by a German pharmaceutical firm in the 1950s. It has become a regular prescription for premenstrual syndromes. The body produces prolactin. During pregnancy this is a natural occurrence. However, when it is produced to high levels in women who are not pregnant; it will cause painful breast tenderness. Chasteberry herb reduces PMS symptoms by regulating the release of prolactin. Women have resorted to this natural drug when their menses have stopped. However, women are advised to see a physician as there may be underlying causes for the cessation of the menses during the reproductive years.

Chasteberry is a shrub that is native to the Mediterranean region and some parts of Asia. You may see this plant being grown for ornamental purposes, as they produce upright clusters of aromatic flowers. These flowers develop brownish berries that resemble peppercorns. It is the berries of this plant that are highly valued as herbal medicine. Fully ripe berries are used for therapeutic purposes, both in fresh or dried form. Nowadays, you may find this herb in the form of liquid or solid extracts, tinctures, capsules, tablets, etc. It has been noted that this herb is commonly used in the form of tea and this article deals with the various aspects of chasteberry tea.

Chasteberry Tea Benefits

Chasteberry (also known as Vitex agnus-castus) is a herb that is otherwise known as vitex, chaste tree, monk’s pepper, etc. Earlier, it was believed that consumption of this herb is beneficial for reducing sexual desire and in remaining chaste. It is said that the wives of ancient Romans used to spread parts of this herb on their bed, when their husbands were away. Even the monks of the medieval ages used these berries for this purpose and hence the name, monk’s pepper. Even though, there are conflicting theories about the effect of chasteberry on libido, it is said to be highly effective in treating a wide range of gynecological problems. In fact, this herb is also referred to as women’s herb. Today, this herb is available in many different forms and is used to treat gynecological problems. Chasteberry is mostly consumed in the form of herbal tea and the following are some of the chasteberry tea benefits.
    According to some studies, chasteberry contains several flavonoids and alkaloids, that jointly act to balance female hormones. This prevents the problems associated with hormonal imbalance in women.
    It is also said that chasteberry is highly effective in countering the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and other menstrual problems, like, breast pain, heavy bleeding, irregular or absent menstrual cycles, menstrual pain and cramps, etc.
    Chasteberry tea benefits include its use in treating endometriosis, menopausal symptoms, fibrocystic breasts, etc. You might have heard about the link between chasteberry tea and fertility. This herb is said to be useful in boosting fertility, lactation, etc. Some people use it as an effective herbal remedy for recurrent yeast infections.
    In some regions, this herb is used to treat acne, migraine headaches, anxiety, depression, stomach upset, etc. It is believed that topical application of chasteberry is beneficial for warding off insects and other parasites.
    This herb is also found to be used or treating Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), uterine fibroids and prostate problems. It is said to be effective in preventing a miscarriage. Chasteberry is also used for reducing the frequency of epileptic seizures.
    Now, you have a fair idea about the so called benefits of chasteberry tea. How to make chasteberry tea? This is one of the common queries about this herb. For making chasteberry tea, all you have to do is to steep a teaspoon of dried or fresh berries in a cup of boiling water, for around ten minutes. After that, strain the tea and use it with honey (optional).

While, there are some studies that indicate that drinking chasteberry tea may be effective for treating conditions associated with Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, etc, there is no evidence to prove most of the other so called benefits of this herb. Even though, chasteberry is not reported to cause serious side effects, make sure to use this herb as per the instructions of a qualified herbal practitioner. You have to stick to the prescribed dosage and other instructions. The possible chasteberry tea side effects are stomach upset, other gastrointestinal problems, skin rash, dizziness, weight gain, insomnia, etc. As this herb can affect the hormone levels, it is better for pregnant and lactating women not to use it. The same advice goes for those taking birth control pills and those with any hormone-related condition (like breast and uterine cancer). Even those using medications with relation to dopamine, should not use tea of chasteberry.

IRIDOIDS have been scientifically proven to eliminate harmful free radicals, maintain cholesterol at already existing normal levels, increase energy, promote heart health, boost the immune system, support DNA, and support healthy brain activity.

What makes the Iridoids stable in the Tahitian Noni products is the simple chemical structure they are built from. As we have noted on our websites for years these Iridoids have the following properties when consumed as part of a healthy lifestyle nutritional supplement.

Supports the immune system
    Protects the liver
    Protects DNA
    Contains strong antioxidants
    Promotes joint health
    Increases energy & endurance
    Helps maintain blood pressure at an already existing healthy level
    Helps maintain healthy HDL cholesterol within already existing normal levels

Before taking that please consult your physician

2. redgems

redgems New IL'ite

did you end up using this? notice any benefits? thanks.

3. madhu18

madhu18 New IL'ite

Try to follow this remedy this will definitely works

pipal fruits--100g
    candy sugar --100g
    make together fine powder consume daily 10-20g

advantages :cysts will be eliminated and conception takesplace

4. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

I have suffered witha fibroid uterus for years. Finally have had enough, as the bleeding is bad for three to five days each period, making me severely anemic. I've tried contraceptive pills (off and on, mainly on since birth of DD in 1998) and homeopathic remedies (most of which made me ill). Four large fibroids (over ten centimeters each) make me look three-four months pregnant. My DH and I don't want anymore children (we have one boy <14> and one girl <13> and I am 39, he's 40), so after years of procrastinating and pain (dx in 2005) I am going for hysterectomy in December. Have to have the abdominal cut surgery, not the vaginal hysterectomy, as the masses are too many and too large. Strangely, I am looking forward to the surgery, as not being able to leave the house 3-5 days a month (and these days are never weekends) make it impossible to hold a job.
    My problems are most likely genetic-both Grandmothers had hysterectomies at fairly young ages (50 and 43), and my sisters both have had problems, but not to the extent that I have.