Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Chitra Aunty! As Amma said, after the visit to your place, setting the table is my responsibility!!! Thanks for the compliment ... I'm glad that I passed the test!!! I call it "yedubidi velai"!!! I dont cook, so atleast try to help Amma in this way! I'm sure that your recipes and step-by-step instruction will come in handy to me some day!!! :)

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear mami,

I tried few of the things during past 10 days. First fb which I myself was very delighted was I made chocolates at home, following your SBS home made chocolates Let us make chocolates at home! I bought mould, and color paper wrapping and the gift bag too and it came out perfect. I did twice once during last week and second time yesterday. Filled the between layers with chopped nuts and covered with another layer of chocolate. It tasted divine. Next fb I tried two more times ice creams. This time I made, vanila, Yummy Chocolate Fantasy

and Fig & Honey Ice cream . I tasted only fig and honey today, as the other two I had made before also. It tasted really superb. Lipsmacking. I am waiting for my DD to taste it and tell me after dinner. Last week I tried Khichdi Dhal Dosai for the first time. It was so crisp and tasty, I really regretted how I missed it for this long. thanks mami for all the recipes

3. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Ma'm,

I made apple cheese paratha for my baby yesterday, and both she and I loved it!!
    Thanks for this wonderful recipe...

4. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear mami,

Last week for mostly your recipes at home. Made Rava Idli,Vegetable Kurma,Methi Brinjal,Chow Chow Rasavangi,Jain Cabbage,Poori Kilangu,Puli Quinoa,Oats bahalabath and Carrot milkshake. Enjoyed all the dishes.

Rava idli seemed to a great challenge before, but not anymore.you recipe is perfect and they taste almost as regular idli and hence very satisfying.
    Made kurma twice in the week. first time, I added the ground coconut paste instead of coconut milk since I was in a hurry.Second time, I added coconut milk as in the recipe. Now the taste was even better and had the smooth texture.
    Methi brinjal was little bitter because I added too much methi.
    So excited about the new ways of making oats and quinoa. They are sure to be liked by all.

Kitchen time is interesting and enjoyable because of your foolproof recipes,advice and love. Thank you

photo.gif

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sweth, edu pidi aka errand-runner learns a lot as time passes!!
    Archana always says, she learnt many tips from me when she was helping me with SBS! I will insist on washing & wiping the knife every time it is used, replacing the ingredients in their places, wiping counter top first with wet cloth, then with dry cloth......! Long list!

Why wait for some day??It can be a day in 2011 :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear c,

Got up late today. Lapsi uppuma is abafhbandhavan along with coconut chutney.
    Lunch is lapsi for me and phulkas for M. Curry is beans
    Paruppusili(thanks to your jiffy parppisili) no time to clean and chop greens hence kasuri methi dhal .
    Also made black channa sundal for evening snack. My mom is here for few weeks so I will make more cookie this week.

7. Chitvish

It is very nice to hear from you, Radhi, after quite some time!!!
    I too love chocolates with the fruit & nut combo best!!
    After trying all varieties in ice creams, I have now settled down to vanilla & choc for regular stocks!!
    Try kichdi dhal dosai with any filling, very nice!! Any filling goes.

8. Chitvish

It is soft &ideal for baby. See if (s)he likes banana paratha also!! Mildly sweet!

9. Chitvish

Nice to read that you find cooking interesting - that is the aim of this thread, Hridhaya!! The photos look very attractive :)
    Now that ths rava idli recipe has clicked, do not ever change it!!
    Coc milk does give better taste to kurma! :tongue

10. Chitvish

Radha, upma is the best abhadbhandavan!! :)
    Nice, as usual, to read your FBs. Now that amm is there, please relax n her company as well!