Your best and worst quality??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aminroop, Jul 13, 2011.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

time for some introspection , people....

what according to you is ur best quality and your worst?

2. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Good topic. :)

I'll have three categories since this is what make best sense to me:

Good

Soul: Integrity

Mind: Intense power over rationality

Heart: Compassion (I love to protect and stand up for the weak)

Bad

Soul: Fear

Mind: Slow (I take my time to think over things)

Heart: Resentment (towards certain people. I cannot stand certain temperaments, period:bang)

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Sometimes I let other people boss me around. I let people steal my self esteem. Instead of being strong, I break down and cry. When I need to speak up, sometimes my voice is lost inside me and I can't find it when I need it most. I have been treated like crap so many times that my soul has become hard and vengeful. When I heard of the Mumbai bomb attacks today, my first thought was I wish my inlaws had been there and died. I used to love Indian culture but now I hate it, and hence I hate a part of myself. I shouldn't have let a few people change my whole perception of a country, but that's exactly what I have done, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot find an iota of love for Indian culture inside me anymore. Someday I hope I can love it again. Lately, there is so much bad about me, I cannot believe it's even me.

I guess the good thing about me, is I can still remember who I used to be. So maybe someday when I'm ready, I can bring the old me back and reclaim my life.

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Lets go with the 'worst first' (hey, it rhymes!)
    I obsess with details to no end, its excruciating. :)
    The placement of a vase on a table and of flowers in the said vase, the arragement of clothes in my closet with a certain color scheme, knives in my kitchen closets (yes, they have a sequence), files on my computer, temperature and textures of foods when I cook, size of veggies when I cut-chop-dice etc, where the crease falls when I fold clothes, the placement of commas when I write... you get the idea.

I know, its tough to live with someone like me and I adore DH no end for putting up with my idiosyncratic obsession with placing, putting, converting, doing things until they're 'just right' (that might not be 'right' by any other standards than mine, but he still goes with it the sweetheart that he is! :kiss )

The best - I'm the perennial optimist. I can find a silver lining just about anywhere and refuse to be gloomy for long. It keeps me and everyone around sane!

PS: When do we get to hear your best and worst? Can we start tagging people on this, like a meme?
    I tag you. :)

2 people like this.
  5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

@Dhaanika, I got a shock when I read your reply. I am just like that except for commas because my grammar is not good.

I used to be short tempered. Now after doing my meditation, I am clam. I trust people too much.

CL

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

my worst ??

well, you see, one cant improve on perfection!!!

and my best quality is that i am generally a happy person.

7. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

I thought you liked being organized from your user pic - things placed symmetrically 'just so' and all on that table, right up my alley. Did you do it? :-D

I like your signature 'Peace be with you'.

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

nice getting to know you forgiven! well, thinking over things is actually a good thing, dont u think???

9. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Clever! :-D

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your input asg! nice getting to know you better.