1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweetyk, Jul 2, 2011.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Please help me,

My husband is very nice person how ever he is extremely lazy. He don't do any thing except his job. Even I am working women.

1. I have to clean the entire house
    2. Clean bathroom
    3. Cook food
    4. Clean vessels
    5. pay bills (Medical, rent)
    6. Drive car
    7. Deal with all policies (Insurance policy, medical policy etc in US)

Every thing and we are in US I can't hire any one.

Nothing he helps, I am ending up with stress and strain. He wont say any thing if house is not clean, I some time just leave it for weeks and see if he take up and cleans and that does not work.

I explained him 101 times with hell lot of patience, mailed him all the stress I feel, shouted and nothing works.

Tried every thing but nothing works he is tooooo lazy to do any thing.

Not sure how to make him share work. Please help me ladies.

Sweety

2. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sweety,
    I am also in your situation,but i am a homemaker.My dh is also same like your hubby.He will not share any work at home but i dont feel any wrong.Just tell me one thing,is working important for you.According to my view,we should give 100% to atleast family or job.I saw so many men and women,if there financial status is good,this men will not do any household chores,even if there wife is also working.But if there financial status is not good,then they want there wife to work and thse men will help them a lot in all works.Just ask your hubby whether,je wnat you to do job or not.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Most of men are like that. You can get help to clean the house. There are agencies for house cleaning. Those ladies do wonderful job. Little expensive, but the house will be clean and you can have free time. Try it once. I do get someone to clean the house.
    There is no use of getting angry or upset. Most of the men do great job at work, but wouldn't do house work. Since both of you earn, why don't you get help.
    Good luck.
    CL

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

I amn't sure what your reasons are against hiring help for cleaning. That's the only one on your list you can delegate.

Personally, if all the cleaning were entirely my responsibility, I'd think it'd be perfectly reasonable of me to hire the help as and when I needed it. I'd just go ahead and do it. If he has a problem with that, its as simple as saying "If you don't contribute, you don't get a say in the decision." There are far too many stressors in life, adding household cleaning to the list is just not worth it.

He does need to step up to the plate and stop being a slob, I'd just stop picking up after him and doing those little things I do for him if nothing else worked. Not that it's going to change him, but it will make me less resentful. Also, just an aside, do you have kids old enough to do some chores around the house? :crazy

5. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Dont give lecture to him. Pls make a list of things to do for him and for you. You need to get extra organised to set an example for him(does not mean you do eveything). If he does not get organised he will not be able to know whats to be done and cannot help you.
    Also, ask him to do small small tasks as and when required.. that is, dont just expect ,ask.

6. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I certainly am. I work very hard at my job. When children were home, I took a major part in their raising, including giving them baths [Oh, what fun, we played with rubber duckies :)], helping with their homework, and taking them places.

I am allergic to housework :) We have had cleaning women during all our married life, except for the times one quite and we haven't found the next.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Living with a slob is certainly wearing but I also don't see why you can't hire someone to come in and dig out the house once a week. There are services or private cleaners in almost all places.

You are feeling sorry for yourself but I live alone so I clean everything, do all paperwork, work a job, do yardwork, shopping, cooking...in other words I do everything that has to be done. I do not have the luxury of a second income so maybe you should count your blessings.

8. b86monica

b86monica New IL'ite

Your H must surely be my DH's brother. I have ditto problem...still looking for sol'n.

9. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

LOL .. No comments :p

10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I think immediately when we get married we should divide household responsibilities with our husband.

Most women tend to pamper or be formal with husband when they are newly married. Like serving them food, washing their plates, not letting them even to take a glass of water to drink on their own. They may feel happy doing it for them at first but eventually when they have more responsibilities they then get irritated when they are expected to do every little thing in the house and for the husband. Anger and frustrations start to build.

By then it would be too late to ask the husband to attend to his own needs or to share some responsibilities. His ego would stop him from doing anything as he had felt like being treated like the KING of the house since the day he got married. Even if there's no ego, he would be comfortable not doing anything by now and would feel lazy to do something that has been instructed.