1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maria Oh Maria

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

Yes it is a strange judgement, both have agreed to cutting the body, and bruning it, what can be more brutal than this and the judge says this does not fall in the rarest of rarest cases.

Regards

kamal

2. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji...

Its shocking that the judge gave the verdict with 3years jail for Maria,she is now free as she has served her period already in jail before...this shows that we can kill anybody and if we have already served it in jail before verdict we can be released after the verdict and we may hear the verdict on Kasab also changed ..it may/may not happen.

Loved your writing..

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,

killing in the heat of the moment is one thing, then to delibberately cut the body into 300 pieces , and taking the body out of mumbai and burning it, that is deliberate, what can be more macabre than this, this deserves not one hanging but if possible hundreds of hangings, nothing can be wrose than this crime.Shameful verdict.

Regards

kamal

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very true. The TV and film industry are really sick, if they want to rope in the likes of this lady for shows like Bigg Boss.

Loved your word play. :)

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

So true,.these people have no morals,.how can anyone take this lady.

Regards

kamal

did u read the link about nanavati, must read it, u will never read anything more interesting

Regards

kamal

6. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

I wonder why Jerome spared Maria,while Grover was murdered & slashed to 300 or 300 minus parts??

Iam sure Mr Grover would not have come out nude,instantly after a shower!!!

Pinky

7. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

My biggest question in this case is, WHY did the judge not view this as a rarest of rare case? Yes, there have been cases of culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the past. Maybe Jerome did operate under extreme anger during the crime. Maybe Maria was indeed pressed by him to remain silent. We don't know. BUT, just based on the fact they brutally hacked the body and burnt it, the judge should have considered this as a special case. Plus, Maria's deception to his parents. (What was she thinking???) To me, these guys appear wayyy too bold for people who commit culpable homicide. Their calmness, composure, and boldness says something about the nature of the crime as well as the nature of the criminals. Its not as cut and dry as culpable homicide, there's more depth to this case than people are willing to see! Also, I think its high time certain sections (and maybe the entire) Indian judicial law be revisited and revised. Just look at the atrocities being committed against women. Domestic violence, rape, incest.....pedophiles are increasing. Our police have too high tolerance for crime. Unless fairness and justice are upheld by the entire nation, there will be plenty more Jeromes and Marias in the days to come. These two people, J and M, have set a bold (and unfortunate) example to today's youngsters. And if people assume that cold-blooded murderers can get away with minimal punishment in India, then the atrocities will increase by the hour. Sad.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pinky,

Good questions u have raised, unfortunately i hav eno answers for i read from the papers , and watched some in the news.

She walked away free, while one fellow was killed, and anotehr is in prison .She got the best deal .

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Forgiven,

Even if the murder was commited in a fit of anger, for example, the cutting of the body, transporting it far away and burning it , that was calculated and brutal. So this does come under a bad murder, and it should have been gallows for both of them.Just think of the parents of teh murdered boy Grover, they got jsut 3 teeth to cremate, can u beleive it, i saw it on TV. What must they have gone thru.

The jduge is wrong, so i feel.

Regards

kamal

10. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Yes, brutality is thriving in our society by the day, very very unfortunately.

Judgment was wrong, I agree, but his problem is that he has to abide by the rules of law. And the rules allow only 3 years for destruction of evidence and 10 years for culpable homicide. So the judge did the best he could. The real problem lies in the way the case was presented by the prosecution. Instead of accusing Jerome alone for murder, they should have accused both J and M together as co-murderers, then at least M would gotten her fair share of punishment like J. The way the law sees her is as an accomplice who destroyed evidence and NOT as a murderer. The success of the prosecution lies in whether or not they can present BOTH J and M as co-murderers. And that will require portraying Maria as a sexual manipulator who toyed with the lives of two men. It is up to the talent of the Prosecutor to achieve this. Which is why people are raising money for Grover's parents to hire a better lawyer this time around.

Justice has been delivered, but fairness has been denied.