Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Dear CM,

The other day i made medhu pakoda using the FP it did not come out nicely it was hard. First using the steel chopper blade i chopped the onions and then changed the blade to dough mixing plastic blade and mixed the flour. I had to add little water to get the dough. I added little ghee also. The pakoda was not soft, hard and not good. don't know what mistake i made...

love

sundari bhaskar

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear SB,
    Did you add the hot oil??? I think, I have given.Was the flour fresh?? All these count a lot!

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

4. Chitvish

Surprising, bunny!!!
    Try making pancake like dosas; cover & cook the first side. Then it will be easy to flip.
    It is likely that the potatoes you used had a very gooey texture :-(

5. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

well, i am back here after my india trip. still jetlagged but getting better.. i have missed almost 100 pages of fb in the forum. super glad to see that the new recipes (dhal keerai masiyal, khari puff) u have posted. I had a great time with you the other day. I didnt waste a single minute of my time there.. tried to look around ur kitchen and see the place where magic happens. wow chitramma, what a neat and organized house you have. every little detail has been taken care of. not one unnecessary thing lying anywhere. once i settle down a bit, I am going to go around our house with the magic wand and make a whole bunch of stuff disappear.

when i was in india, I had the chance to cook a couple times, each time with only a few minutes of advance notice - made chinese noodles, mango kesari. made dates kheer for my mom (she enjoyed very much)

my sil also took tips from me for many things - caramelising the payasam, adding aval for vadai batter, marinating potato curry - felt good to be confidently offering suggestions that turned out good everytime. thx.

made 123 oothappam today with batter thawed from the freezer. i have dosai, adai batters all stocked before my india trip for the next two weeks.

thx and luvs
    shyamals.

6. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Made Kothamalli saadham and bottlegourd morkootu today. Kothamalli saadham came out very good. Used 75% carrots and 25% coconut for morkootu along with greek yogurt. It was so creamy and the taste was awesome.

Made Adai with your proportions yesterday. Just sneaked in half brown rice for white rice. It came out well. I was thinking of sneaking Quinoa in the batter but didnt have it handy. May be next time.

I have a HUGE packet of Spinach. Am tempted to try Dhal Keerai masiyal after readings all the fbs here. Amma is coming here this Sunday. I have to educate her to eat healthy in the next few months. So, let me start with Keerai. :)

thanks a lot,
    Aswini

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Hi Chiths

Just made PEANUT SAG with methi paratha for lunch for aarushi's box.After a long time i did make Peanut sag and it was so nice combo with methi paratha....it was so yum that we decided to have it for breakfast...

lov
    sowmi

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Maa,
    You hit it on the nail:bonk yes potato was a bit gooey so I added a little maida and it came out nicely...Thank You..

9. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Dear CM,

I did not add hot oil this time, My gram flour was very fresh as it was just grounded the same day from the mill and the rice flour i had stock...

thanks

sundari bhaskar

10. Chitvish

Dear S-s, nice to see you back in the forum!!
    I was waiting or an ILite to come home for Khari puff - SBS & you can dot on time!!
    You write, 100 pages have passed! But, FBs have dwindled gradually, no doubt!! Not that, it bothers me!!
    I understand, priorites do change in life!!
    So yo have proved that frozen batters give excellent results!!
    Did you see the quinoa pulao??
    Tonight I plan to make Q bahalabhath!
    Thanks for your nice words :)