Gestational Diabetes in pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Leo, Oct 4, 2006.

1. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

HI Kadalprabha,

I completly agree with SM what she is saying regarding your appointments.I am visiting once in a week n still sruggling with sugar levels coz as you go further with your pregnency level will increase.For me after every 15 days we are changing doses and now i think this thrusday my dr. is finally going to put me on insulin.so trust your dr.and do what he says. it's just matter of time.I did't have any complications with my first one but this time ...................GD.
    Gd pregnancy is considered to be high risk pregnancy thats why stress test and baby weight follow ups are necessory.

take care.

Amar

2. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your inputs amar and smilealways!
    Today i had weekly appointment with doctor,i couldn't digest the fact when she again insisted that from coming tuesday i need to go for NST test and ultrasound every week.Iam more of a conventional type so didnt like too much machinery intervention with me and my baby.Even today my check up went well and everything is normal including my weight,sugar levels and baby measurement.Just can't help venting out with you ladies coz its someting new to me and iam sick of going to the hospitals :drowning

Anyway i need to deal with it.

Thanks again ladies.
    Kala

3. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Hello all,

Hope you are all managing your GD fine. I went for my 32 week scan yesterday and doc said all fine for now and has called for next scan and appointment in 4 weeks. So no weekly scan etc for me. No idea why but I guess I am just going to trust him and leave it at that.

I am still not on meds and have bi weekly appointments with another doc for sugar levels. Somehow managing for now but its a lot of hard work and consumes most of my time. For me oats and lapsi work best so right now busy trying to make dishes with that and keep myself motivated!

Good luck girls...we will somehow push though this phase!

4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Hi keerti,

Glad to Know that everything is fine @ ur end..hope to continue so till end :).me also having scans in every 3-4 weeks..

Hi Amar,
    How r u doing..?

Kalaprabha,
    Hope u got adjust with your new routine of check ups and tests..

5. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Smile,
    I still couldn't take it and adjust to it...today morning i had my NST ,evening 8pm diabetes appointment,tomorrow afternoon i have an appointment with doctor and day after tomorrow my scan :idontgetit: .This doctor is being extra extra cautious which doesn't sync with my views.Today my NST went on well since the doc was in the OR nurse took the result and showed it to her, came back and told me the results were wonderful.
    God only knows how am i going to handle this until my due date aug 16.

Take care ladies
    Kala

6. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

Hi Keeri,
    yes i am trying hard to manage but my levels are l lil high or borderline after medication also.yes this is very frustating.whole day i am busy thingking of nothing else otherthan these levels.what to cook,how to eat it again...................

Smilealways hi.ya doing ok but not good.

Amar

7. maddie

maddie Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    Great Information. Thanks for sharing. I am in 27 week and have GD, I am very much underweight have gained only 3 kg in my pregnancy.
    My doctor has given me a diet plan and also I have to increase my weight. I am just worried that when I ate normally I didn't gain weight how will I get weight with a diet plan. My weight before Pregnancy is 43 and now 46kg. :rant:rant:rant
    Any suggestions how to go about?
    Thanks
    Maddie

8. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Hello Maddie

Congrats on your pregnancy:) GD is common so don't worry and if you are in India you will get aplenty support.
    Even I have not gained more than 3 kgs in my pregnancy and nothing since i found out I have gd, but my doc said as long as i don't stay hungry and eat right it is fine. He feels i will put on weight towards the last few weeks.

Almonds- include them in your diet, they will not raise your value and help you gaining weight also.

Take care and be happy.

To other girls,

Does anyone know a good protein powder which I can use ?

Cheers

9. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

HI All,

Is anybody here taking Glyburide to control sugar levels.I am taking glyburide 2.5 twicw a day n 1.25 at bed time but my levels went down at midnigt.Not able to understand what to do.
    Gd is very stressful n tuogh.

Amar

10. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

Hi maddie,

don,t worry you will gain weight as you will go further with your pregnancy.
    I have gained 5 pounds total and that too in last month of my pregnancy.i have gd too which sucks n doing diet control exercise thats why not gaining weight.
    you can have handful of nuts any time you feel hungry and does,t matter how many times a day.they are exellent n free food.take avocado also.feel free to use ghee or oil.these are the thing my dietitian told me.we have very less choice because od GD.

Amar