1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should Parents Let the Children Sleep with Them?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by t_sireesha04, Mar 20, 2008.

1. t_sireesha04

t_sireesha04 Junior IL'ite

Till what age children should sleep with parents.....

At what age they should be made to sleep in their own beds or in their rooms?
    Please I want ur advice .....

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the sidey in my post..

I have no clue about your questions :) but I love your signature ;) :bowdown

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

My personal POV...upto 3 or 4yrs maximum...but i do think its up to the individual parents. I know kids who are still sleeping with the parents at 15 yrs! I am in the process of shifting my son into his own crib and plan to move him out of our room at around 3 yrs (when he outgrows the crib and needs a regular bed).

Vanathi.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Yes,I go with Vanathi too on this.Our son used to sleep with us till he was 3,then we were forced to move him to his own bed because of --1. lack of space 2. he was constantly sleeping very close to me because of which I could not move and I ended up getting backache because of his kicksRant.

5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

When we move to the US, i was thinking of this kind of arrangement. Take a kingsize bed and a small co-bed in the master bedroom and a bunker bed in the kids room. Though im open to the fact that kids should be made to sleep alone after 3-4 yrs of age, im skeptical that my son might get wavery and start thinking about bad things when left alone. Also my concern is if my keep the little one (2yrold) with me the elder one might feel left out.
    How did moms cope up with such situation when it comes to letting their kids sleep alone.
    Will the guests who come home who have a look at the home feel odd when they see a co-bed in the master bedroom?How did moms manage when they have a boy and a girl child?
    I have read in many magazines and books that it is not advisable to let the boy and girl kids sleep together howmuchever close they might be....
    Moms out there........give me ideas.

6. Ricky092

Ricky092 New IL'ite

i think it depends upon a child, when is comfortable to sleep alone ... but an average age is 6-7

7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

My son is one and used to sleep in the crib, but now since we are in India he sleeps with grandparents , I think 3 yrs should be an ideal age fr them to move into they own space and room.

Ok ladies I just have this weird problem that i cant get Intimate with my dh if my son is sleeping in the same room ,if really really freaks me out ...so always we have to move around , DH really gets pissed ... but is it the same with others , how do i over come this.