Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hridhaya, your dosas look like restaurant ones, honestly!!
    Great attemp & successful too!:thumbsup
    Pan bulging in the centre is new to me :idea
    It is the extra oil & more time on the tava that gives a crisp dosa!!:)
    Good going!

2. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

thanks for the fb...yes,the pan is little weird.need to get a flat round pan.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Chitvish,

Once again today, I am doing a big batch of grapes pickle for our local temple. I bought a load of seedless green grapes at the farmer's market and lo behold, they were sour! If they are sweet, they disappear into thin air, but when sour, no one touches them! But I have no worries. There is always our Chitvish's recipes to save us.:)
    I have done this pickle so often and it is always a success with everyone, both unusual and tasty.
    I just thought I'd drop in a note of thanks in your forum which seems to have grown gigantic in the meantime!!

L, Kamla

4. Chitvish

Dear, dear Kamla,
    So, it was a case of "sour grapes" - & you are here??:idea
    Ha ha ha :hide:
    We all need food to survive &that too, variety!! That is the reason for the forum growing!:)
    Thanks for dropping in, K.

5. rush2mesharma

rush2mesharma New IL'ite

WOW
    i am in india and i too am thinking of buying a bread maker.
    actually i am to visit dubai for a week next week, and am in 2 minds to buy it or not...
    Request you to let me know AT THE EARLIEST ur experience with the bread maker and is it practical for indian house.....
    thanks a LOT in advance..

6. Chitvish

I personally find bread maker good. BUT all my recipes so far have been tested in Oster Bread maker. I have not
    bought one in India. If available in Dubai, buy panasonic which gets very good reviews on the net.

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami, How are you? I made idli and potato masala sambar this weekend. It was a fabulous combination. I used the same sambar for idli,dosa and roti. Thanks to you mami, I have one more dish to 'wow' the guests. DH was so impressed that he told me to note down the dish in the personal collection of recipes.

8. Chitvish

You are right, Hridhaya!! The flavour is WOW!!
    If I make it, I have it all the 3 times for BF, lunch & dinner!!
    Thanks!!

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    no cooking due to my hand and also no maid. Only yesterday, a maid came over and has to stabilise with her before I resume cooking. I had a loaf of bread and that was used for breakfast for two days. I whipped up the ice cream after coming back from hospital and made plain ice cream with ice cream essence and strawberry with the store bought pulp. Both was good and I served it to family when they came over to visit me. Longing to get back to routine.

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

Weekend went well. As mentioned I made icecreams, it was mint and Pan icecreams this weekend. The flavour was awesome and it came out sooooooooooo well. I followed the second method and I felt when I whisked it the second time it became more than double :thumbsup. After making two flavours I still have some plain ice cream left.

M's cousin's family came home for lunch yesterday. Being sunday it was typical sunday menu with Masala vadai, CVVK, Methi Dhal, Tomato Rasam and baby potato fry. Dessert was icecreams the guests were stunned to hear that pan icecream was homemade. Sooooooooooooooo many thanks to you.

Also made chocolate nankhatai which came out well, it got over already, coz M's cousin's daughter liked it very much, so I kept just 4 for us and packed remaining to her. Her mom called this morning and said 'Srinika is loving the biscuits a lot'.

Made MW Salted peanuts. They are so easy to make with 0 oil. I love to make such snacks for M as its oil free but protein rich :)

Forgot to say that I amde Kalyana Rava Khichdi for Sat breakfast. It was soooooooo good. I hardly get to eat good SI foods unless made in home. This one took me to Chennai.

One last query I have, have you posted any recipe on Soya or Soya chunks. I went through the recipe index but no able to get any. At the moment I just know to make Sundal out of it. Any suggestion from your side will be useful.