Piggy Banks----How many of you have it?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by SriVidya75, Mar 4, 2011.

Piggy Banks---Do you have one at home??

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. May be!! will try having one some day

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks to my MOM..I have a cute Piggy Bank..Be it the 5 ruppes/10 rupees collection at the time of Kolu or the 100's at the time of Bday/Diwali , my Mother always insisted me and my brother to drop in to our Piggy's separately...Voila...at the end of our teen age it was a dcent 5 digit amount...

She always use to say that these money should not be spent /or should be spent for buying some Gold as they are gifted by ppl...Its something similar to the Blessings....

So that amount is still safely in the Bank and i dont want to spend them..

I have brought this practice to my Ds also...

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear Srividya,
    I used to put only 5 rs coin in a bottle.In a way it makes easy to count at the end apart from savings.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Hey thats a lovely way of saving...by the way I like those 5rs coins...small and cute ones :crazy Here also some of my friends save the $ coins...and they never spend them....its purely for collection...as many as they can it seems:ideagood way to stick to the savings:)

4. SriVidya75

Wowww nice to hear how you are taking the best practise forward......:thumbsup

5. SriVidya75

wowww......awesome way of expressing love!!!! thanks for sharing your happiness here:thumbsupso your piggy banks might be worth of millions and millions!!! :cheersas they are full of love!!

6. SriVidya75

wowwww 12,0000:ideaamaaaazing!!!!:thumbsup

7. Thush

Thush Silver IL'ite

hi all....
    saw this thread just now.....i too have a piggy bank ....i just started it 1 year back, when i got some pocket money from my relatives... i used this money to buy birthday gift for my hubby.....

these money are really helpful.....
    now i am waiting for the paper wala to come, so that i can get some money from selling those old newspapers too....

thanks
    Thush

8. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks SriVidhya for starting a nostalgic post!! :)

I do have one for my son now..I used to save the money given to him as blessings by his grandparents and other relatives. I got this piggy bank made of mud on his first birthday when I saw money gifted to him for his birthday..that was when I started saving money in a piggy bank...I broke it open on his 3rd birthday and it has summed up to ~15k. I've moved the cash to his SB account and planning to get him something out of it :)

I've also got a new piggy bank for him and have started saving!! Since he is too young I havent introduced the credit system for giving him money every time hez behaved properly or for some reason or the other...Waiting to implement it shortly :)

9. SriVidya75

kool way of recycling superb!!!

10. SriVidya75

Thank you for sharing you experience maa!! I love the piggy banks made of mud.....the ones sold in India....really cute and lovely ones...aah I miss them here...though I like the porcleain or plastic ones here..still...