Saree shops in Kancheepuram?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tamgirl85, Jun 13, 2011.

1. tamgirl85

tamgirl85 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

can anyone reccommend any saree shops in Kancheepuram that have good variety of pattu sarees and not too costly. If you know any good designer pattu saree shops please also let me know.

Kind Regards,

Uma

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

2. sasidhar

sasidhar New IL'ite

Prakash silks and Babusah both are good in variety,designs and patterns.
    Sasidhar:)

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    I would suggest that you shop in Chennai , Kovai, Trichy or Madurai that too in reputed silk saree shops. As far as I can say, Kancheepuram may be famous but you will get good design sarees in such city shops only because they have looms of their own and designers too, who give special designs exclusively for them. That is why you get such beautiful designs and colours. You will get good ones according to your budget also.

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I have been to Kancheepuram and checked few shops at random but i did not find the variety i found in Chennai. And the prices quoted were exorbitant. Later i was told that we can bargain!!

If you are planning to shop in Kancheepuram, take someone along who has good knowledge of the shops there.

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Uma,

During our tour to India, we stopped at Srinivasa Silk House in Kancheepuram. The sarees plus price was good. Able to bargain for a better price. We even went to Pandians where we did less shopping...I still prefer Srinivasa... You can try there...

Shanti

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

If you have decided to shop in Kancheepuram,shop in Govt.recognised Co op.societies like,Anna Silk Society ,Murugan Silk Society etc.

(In fact all these societies have showrooms in Pantheon Road Cooptex complex.)

These shops dont cheat in silk or zari quality.

Do not believe middlemen (even your cab driver gets a commission for bringing a costumer to a shop.

So beware.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yashmeens

Yashmeens New IL'ite