1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling lonely...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SUBHAARCHIE, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends...

I am married for 3 months...i staying with my DH, BIL & MIL in Chennai rather my FIL & unmarried SIL stays in my husband's native place about 3 hours journey from Chennai.
    Me and my husband work in a reputed companies as well...i am a professional in career and earn more than my husband...we don't have any problems in financial concern...but like any other house...we too have ups and downs...an issue to solve a couple of times in a week...
    Thing is...my husband is starting a new business in his native place right now...my fil,my dh and me ..we three have contributed equally to start the business and i was the one who was looking after all those filing,cargo loading,clearing,permission seeking and all those stuff which is very tiresome...bot now after all these things...my husband and me have to travel to his native place (a small village panchayat)on Sundays for looking after the business near his house...even if i am not accompanying him...he leaves me all alone here ...and go to his house every week...we work 6 days in week...all we have is just one day for us...which he is asking to sacrifice...i am not demanding for all weekends ...just one Sunday in a month...which no body to ready to give...neither my dh nor my inlaws...i am feeling very lonely....please help me ...or tell me how to stay convinced to this sort of lifestyle...

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

was this leaving you on that one day i.e sunday ..happening all this while?? or was this due to the recent new business??

I understand in joint families and hte kindof work your husband is in...you both get very lil time for yourself...so insteadof making it like a time table where he has to spend one day every week...why not take random vacations....doesnt matter 1 day or 1 hr or 1 week....have you tried that??

also you have to make your husband understand that he needs to create a backup for himself...someone who can take care of things when he is not around the business....might be your FIL or BIL who can just go n visit and see the day to day operations for those couple of days..that way you n your husband will get some time together.

Remember no one can actually make your husband spend time with you....he has to feel that and he has to understand that and he has to agree for that...either youc an try to lure him by creating interest in you or come to an agreement with him after discussing ...or understand why heis the way he is.....but you cannot really force him to spend time with you isnt it?/ its like forcing him to love you!!! so openlyt ell him your feelings and see what is his reaction...what is his thought on all this and what solution he suggests!!

1 person likes this.
  3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi srividhya,

Thanks for your quick reply....thing is not only my husband but also my PIL say...that..only in this age...my husband has to make his life stable...so sacrifice is needed for the prosperity of the family...at the cost of happiness...
    i really don't know how to take...it...when they say...if you wanna b with your husband...just resign your job and stay with him always...for which he is not reacting too...i was born and broght up in chennai...wheras he is in his village...he likes the slow moving life style there ...i guess...but i am unable to resist it all the week ends...in these 3½ months of married life...not even a single sunday we have spent here in chennai...no honeymoon...even two weeks of leave after marriage was spent in his native place only...very stereotypical life...not able to sit a watch tv with him...not able to chat ...only during night..we will be allowed alone...but due to the tired work..he used to sleep early...unaware of that...i used to talk all alone...getting up 6'0 clock......he should go with his father for some work or other...i will sit simply all alone...this was my honeymoon...
    Now being back in chennai...for work...only left with one day in a week...i am feeling difficult...no a little time is left for us...he takes care of me...by the end of the day..he becomes so tired...so that he cannot even spare some time with me...when i come after finishing my household chores...

4. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

hello,

I fully understand how you feel, but this is how i would look at it.
    Your husband is just setting up his business & is obviously trying to give his best . So, support him fully. Its end of day, for your family/future rite.
    Also, I guess both of you should be able to take breaks during weekdays. Every fridays, you can probably take break from work & go for a dinner and spend some private time outside home. This would atleast make things better though not the best solution.
    You could also tell him how you feel about the whole thing but put it in a subtle manner. Maybe he doesnt still realize how it feels from your side. I am sure with repeatedly talking about this/ once his business is established a bit, he will also realize he needs time with you.
    Dont worry, hang in there.

5. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Thanks for you concern...

I am trying to give my best to support him...even if he is not with me even on sunday..i just want him to make a call...some blah...blah...which is enough for me now...but he isn't doing that too...whenevr he calls me on sunday...when i pick up the call happily...he used to ask me to enquire on some official thing...puts the phone down...which leaves me speechless for some time...then i convince myself...and all the time ...its me the one who initiates talking but he does it for some name sake...if there is a quarrel between us...even if its not my fault...i am the one to go and speak to him...i don't y i am like this...i am never strong to him...no attitude...i hate me sometimes for this...but helpless...i am not bothering about him...he will be nost happiest one...i believe...kindly advice me...how to tackle this?

6. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

hey SUBHAARCHIE, I get it now. I recently married also. I work & sometimes get so engrossed that dont even call/talk to my hubby until late evening. btw, we stay in different cities as of now because I like my job and want to be here for some more time. But, this happens occasionally (maybe twice or thrice a month). I know it is annoying if it happens every single time, You should probably talk straight to him and explain this

And for the other part of your post, "if there is a quarrel between us...even if its not my fault...i am the one to go and speak to him...i don't y i am like this...i am never strong to him...no attitude..."
    Hehehe this is what happens with me as well. For no mistake of mine, I give in & close the quarrels. But one thing, after things cool I always make it a point to make him understand what I expect/ what he did/ what went wrong etc. This way the grudge isnt carried for too long and I do see how my hubby is slowly changing for better now.
    I believe, this is a good quality and will help your relationship grow stronger provided you dont overdo it.

7. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

8. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

hi canwait...

yes...its solved after a great toll and stress...now the child is going to be with my SIL only...i had very hard time...during that process...a lot a crying...curses from my inlaws and SIL...misunderstanding between me and my DH...it was slowly changing and situations were getting better...but is not good even now...he take cares of me as a husband...but i cannot expect much more to him...as love..affection...

9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

You are panicking unnecessarily. There is a big difference in your outlook and your DH , you want romance, honeymoon whereas he ignores it.You can both go for a honeymoon after the business issues settle down.
    Slowly you can change his outlook . Dont leave your job or you may have to live in the native place with PILs .Since you are a city girl you may find it difficult to stay in a small place.

10. jeyan

jeyan New IL'ite

Hi Subha,

Gone through your posts. I am Jeyan's husband. I have some suggestion from my prospective. Some time life is like that. But you only can make a change in you life. Ever if your hubby is spending most of his time. in the native leave early from office on friday and go to his native and help him in his business. When ever he calls you enquire him about his business. Make him to think and understand that you are also very concern about the business. When ever he calls you or you call him try to avoid such topic which will results in quarelling. Whenever you goes to native take some gifts to your inLAWS and also frequently call them and enquire about their health. This will surely result in change in attitude of your hubby and your inlaws.

Wish you a happy married life.

Regards,