1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

kid facing pb in school

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by connectgayathri, Jun 8, 2011.

1. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    my kid is going to her pre nursery for the past one month. in india..she was crying...for the past one week..but today ok.but her teacher complained me"she is not understanding anything......talk with her in english"
    i was shocked to hear her comments......my kid really talks well in english,she understands very soon what we teach..
    but she is little bit iontrovert...she takes her time to mingle with others...since she is not talking her teacher thought she dont know english....
    she also says teacher beat her in head....
    1.should i ask this to her miss?
    1.should i explain to teacher abt her character?i am thinking how can a teacher easily judge a 3 year old kid in 1 week?
    2.ho should i make my child talk with her teacher?or shall i ignore this comment.....

pls help me ......

2. avenka

avenka Senior IL'ite

hey gayathri,

I was shocked to know the teacher hit a 3yr old...I would suggest u to change the school. This clearly shows she has no exprience or patience dealing with kids. This is your daughters first step to school....so it should be kind of fun and learn exprience for her.

cheers

3. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

report the teacher to the head there. change divisions if possible. it would be helpful if you can have a talk with the staff on how your daughter is, but i totally agree that the teacher shud put in more effort and just not write off the kid in a week! thats really strange behaviour from her..

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

U should first have an open conversation with that teacher. It's a 3 year old and being a teacher for such young kids, she should know that PATIENCE is very important. Second, tell her that, just because we are not westerners does not mean, we don't know any english. We do and this is a three year old, it is her responsibility to educate the kid with the language if need be.

Finally have a conversation with her supervisor or anyone who is superior to her and tell her you are not comfortable about the woman. She has NO rights to touch your baby like that. Please don't take it lightly as it might affect the kid going forward, as you had already mentioned she is bit introvert, this will only make the matter worse.

Good luck.

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Gayathri,

Beating such a young kid shows how immature the teacher is. Please talk to the teacher about this. Tell her that you will not tolerate if someone beats your child. After hearing about her behavior, i dont think she will take it lightly. She might try to abuse your LO.

So talk to the head of the school and inform them of the incident. Tell them about your little one's nature and request them to assign her to a teacher who is better suited to deal with kids.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gayathri,

i would say relax first. you cannot just go to the head of the school based on your interpretations of what you dd says. i am not saying there could be truth.

let us just take some time to think..

i am sure, beating a child is illegal in the country your id shows. if it were india, i would say it is very much possible. but here as you say your child is introvert..and also is there a difference in the accent of the teacher/ and what you speak at home, that your dd does not respond to the teacher..sometimes, kids at this age are very stubborn and do not want to answer even a single question let alone talk. i know what i am talking about because my dd was one, she will not open her mouth unless she wanted..:)hide:)

the beat as your dd says could be a pat on the head too...we as parents are so tuned to thinking the worst of certain circumstances..(no sorry not trying to hurt anybody).

better talk to the teacher find out her side of the story and then proceed further..

sometimes, it would be nothing...

Patience is one of the extinct commodities when it comes to teachers..these days..
    (these are just my pov)

7. connectgayathri

hi all,
    thanx every body .............i am planning to talk with the teacher and try to explain her abt my kids nature.........
    will let u know today....
    @shanvi.......now we r in india only..hope this wont happen in brussels!

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gayathri,

then please change your information. sometimes we tend to check on the place and answer..i

better talk to the teacher, without any accusing mode or parental mode. just ask her how she is..she was crying.

if you follow the threads you would know i have a son who had learning problems..and initially i was told my son is not fit to be in regular school too..quite harshly.

i feel, we as parents, need to be cool and work around the issue and get a solution rather than antagonising the teacher. we already know that the teachers are not paid so much, and are not so qualified, not so patient.well that does not give an excuse for rude behaviour.(oh yes we discussed this and a lot more in education in india--there is a thread in the same subforum).

go to her, and tell her, you told me to talk in english at home, and that is what we are doing, and still she is not feeling comfortable to talk at school. so what should i do. i would like you to help my child. and i am willing to do my part 100%.

if she still goes on a accusing / blaming mode, better go to the management.
    all the best.

9. connectgayathri

hi all
    i talked with teacher yesterday......i explained to her "my girl is litlle bit introvert.....butshe understand what she taught..."teacher said ok.......but u r kid not open her mouth ..in class......!!
    i was thinking .cant the teacher make a kid comfortable with her in class?is it not her job?
    i know there is no use in thinking like this.....i should face the situation
    friends .......pls give me u r ideas......
    How can i make my kid speak in school?

10. kiranavvari

kiranavvari Gold IL'ite

I dont think this has instant solution. It would take time to make her talk in the class. Just slowly teach your daugher also that teachers are very good just like Mom, and she can tell to teacher anything if she has any problem. At the same time, you can even suggest the teacher also to give regular feedback to you only and not take any action on your DD till your DD becomes comfortable with the school.