1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Changed my life forever

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 9, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dear Kanaka,

Hats off to you for being so open!

Even my appa and amma never believed in "Shraadham" ceremony. Those vadiyars will eat your money, better spend on the person when he or she is alive so that he can go up with sweet memories. Today when I perform a small ceremony during their tithis, their words echo in my ears.

I was naughty always, but reserved too. I could break ice only with people like me, will not mix up with everyone!

Now, everything is shredded, how are you dearie, busy with work like me. Have a great evening.

Bye.

2. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Nice post .......

And the person who had changed my world was my father . he was a man of Gem .very friendly , interactive ,and warm and Humorous . he can make anyone feel his presence making them laugh the most.

i hadn't had a feeling of sharing a fatherly relationship he was just more than that a friend whom i could trust to share every secrets of mine.

I had lost him exactly 8 years back , but his words are there for me and ofcourse his blessings without which i wouldn't have travelled so far .
    he often tells me that your work should speak about you and always insits to listen more . Now a days i dont tend to talk much but listen more .....

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Thanks for digging this post and adorning it with your warm feedback. Havind dad as a friend is a pleasure as we can share everything with him and also know the psychology of men through him. You were indeed lucky, I lost my father at a very young age.

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

dear mals...

The name of the post made me to read...

i was just going thru the names only... just cud'nt come out of the incident... ystrdy i was shocked reading iyerviji's unforgetable day... today urs...

i said ur topic turned me to read... my hubby used to sign always like that ... forvever urs... he changed my life... i shud say i'm lucky and blessed get him....he accepted how i'm... i have to search words in the dictionary to talk abt him.....

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shvap,

I am glad that you liked my efforts and God bless you with more happniess!

6. SujiR

SujiR New IL'ite

Malspie,
    That was really very brave of you to acknowledge the flaws in your nature along with the virtues.And you rightly mentioned about letting go of 'ego'.
    Your effort to change for the better since the sad demise of your friend is commendable.
    Keep going gal and keep inspiring us with your threads.

Thank you for sharing.

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals
    The article was very nice. I felt sad that you lost your friend and she seemed a nice person.
    Life itself is the best teacher for anyone and we all change ourselves slowly as and when situation warrants. Yes striking the right balance between being an outgoing person and a reserved one is the best option; because too much leaning on either side is not good also.
    I certainly agree with you that a pleasant countenance and correct intonation in speech will go a long way in personality building.
    I love your swan avatar…is it indicative that you changed from a duckling to a swan?

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thank you girls, this was a honest way of telling people, someone can inspire you to bring in the necessary good changes to your personality.