1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 28, 2011.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl As usual a very good one dear :thumbsup

Though I don't like the AXE ads concept, I find it very funny. But good that someone sued it, serves these people well!!

2. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I never liked the AXE ad and it is high time they changed and came upon some new idea to promote their stuff and there are many people out there who believe every word the Ad world throws at you, some are very hard to believe but they make it so real.
    Not to worry about gifts at my house as my husband never likes cakes and never buys one too.
    Very well written Satchi.
    Regards,

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha,

Well, you see, in this scientific era in which we live, people believe even the simplest things only if they have "scientific proof" for everything. They are no longer so gullible as to be taken in by "because I told you so". So what you want, you get.

As for me, I too have not received a single bunch of flowers in all these years. When we do go for a fancy dinner, I know that my birthday or or anniversary is being used as an excuse for my better half (yes, even in the gastronomic sense) to satisfy his cravings. That is the ultimate letting down of hair as far as he is concerned. So no need for me to worry.

When he does get me those kilos of ice cream or chocolates after putting me through drought conditions for months, I do get peeved at the lost adv antage, but then succumb and eat to my hearts' content. And if I don't he does. :rotfl

4. satchitananda

Pavithra, I guess our husbands are blessed souls to have such undemanding, easy to please wives. :rotfl

5. satchitananda

Actually if I am not mistaken, they were already sued and forced by court to withdraw an ad where there were females waiting to chew every bit of this "AXE sprayed man turned to chocolate's" anatomy to pieces.

I agree with you, they really deserve to be sued big time for ridiculous claims and even more absurd ads.

6. satchitananda

AXE ads always get on my nerves with their absurdity and stupidity. Can't stand them for anything in the world. They make women look like absolute morons, mindless dimwits.

7. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Satchi, Thats hilarious. So now we have to see a woman sue for using ponds and not being able to attract a man, or using fair and lovely and not being able to be a model.

Wow, its interesting to see the different kind of people around us.

And yes the poor husbands are subjected to thinking twice before buying gifts to their wives. Some researches have no meaning to them. Not sure how who ever is funding them money let it be wasted on such fruitless researches.

Enjoyed reading your post.

Keep them coming :)

8. satchitananda

Thanks Swathi for your feedback. Yes it is absolutely crazy what people come up with. :)

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Satchi

Just catching up with the nomination posts:)
    Superb one ...hahahaha
    good you warned us so let me watch out what my hubby gets next time:biglaugh:crazy
    It is a crazy world anything can happen with anyone.

10. hema76

hema76 Silver IL'ite

Very humorous thought, how mad the man would be of using axe ,

lovely study about husbands behaviour ,

nice write up satchi :thumbsup