1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL told everyone about my pregnancy - i am 12 weeks

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nisha1981, May 23, 2011.

1. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Go ahead and call everyone again when you are ready and tell people personally. I am certain they will wish you and bless you. Take control. So what if they already know? It will still be nice to talk to people personally about your happy news...

If not phone calls - you can send a chain email or cards to notify....whatever suits you.

Be happy. Bask in the positive attention. Like, one of my friends often says: stress dehna hai, lehna nahin.

2. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

@DNM:"stress dehna hai, lehna nahin".

Good one!!!!!!
    Rgds

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear
    Congradulations on your pregnancy...

please dont think of such unwanted issues and spoil your mind....your MIL probably would have felt very happy since she too would have waited for this....hence she would have spread the news...its obviously a happy news and there is nothing wrong in sharing it with everyone...maybe you would have felt that you should have been the first to call all but now what is the big issue...call everyone and get their blessings...eventhough your MIL has informed everyone,it would really make a bog difference when you call people in person and infrm them....nothing is lost now dear

regarding informing people who are sad to lighten up their mood,i personally feel there is nothing wrong...you and your baby have been able to bring happiness to someone who were in pain...it is a big thing...dont think in the wrong way by saying that your pregnancy is not something to inform somebody who is sad....be happy that those small set of people felt happy to know about your pregnancy..they would bless you...

so take care of yourself and dont think of small issues and spoil your mind...
    All the best!!!!

4. nisha1981

nisha1981 New IL'ite

thanks everyone, i think i am still going to do the pregnancy annoucements!!:)

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Nisha:

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

My honest opinion: There might be numerous other reasons you may not get along with your MIL. But I personally feel this is no reason for you to pick up a fight with her.

She told, she told, just leave it at that
    And definitely it is not mature for you to pick up a fight with your DH on this.

Somethings in life if you let go easily, you can win on bigger things.
    and I must say I have to agree with your MIL on this one: If you start finicking about small things in life, the child will be affected by this

My 2 cents.

all the best for your pregnancy