Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo,good to know that you enjoyed your vacation!! Now yet another Poondu milaku kuzambu will be posted!! :biggrin2:
    I soaked raisins overnight in orange juice to plump them, strained & added only the fruit. Yes, a drop of rum essence is sufficient!!

2. Chitvish

Thanks, Shobana. That is theadvantage of mushrooms - quick but no compromise in taste!!

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Chitramma,

I am sorry for the late FB. Fruity Yoghurt Museli was so good. I am planning to have it regularly varying the types of yoghurt and with oats. It would be dinner as well, at times. Today I made Palak Koora with Potato roast. Was amazing. Saved up some for tomorrow. For dinner, I made lentil- muligatawny soup because I had some moong left after pappu. Had it with store bought baguette loaf coated with tomato sambal. One easy and filling meal. I bought ready made sambal paste here ( a really small packet), but I really liked this. I now have it with curd rice too!

What breeze it is to cook 20 minute meals :)

Thanks, thanks,
    Arch!

4. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hi maami,

over the last few days i made coconut rice, cauliflower capsicum sabzi, kasuri methi dal and penne with pesto sauce - it was superb :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

i never thought hubby and I would end up liking pasta !!!!!!

maami what is the difference between the whisk that looks like the brinjal in shape and the whisk which looks like the spring of a ball pen bent to look circular in shape? what are they used for ? which one is better?

maami ive heard of this recipe called baba ghanouj which is a middle eastern brinjal dip. could you please post the recipe for baba ghanouj?

one more question - how is eggless mayonnaise made?

warm regards
    deepa

5. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

Dearest aunty,
    I had made jiffy rasam and sambar powder 2 weeks back to be used if pressed for time.
    Today it came handy as my son adithya didnt allow me to cook.
    I have to tell you there is no compromise in taste.
    Im going through all your jiffy recipes now and going to make it this weekend.
    Am yet to buy icecream materials or i will try the second method.
    Thanks for making cooking a breeze
    Love,
    Vini

6. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    I made Black eyed beans methi Dhokla today. Loved the snack packed with iron and fiber. Nice variation of the traditional khaman. Kids loved it a lot too. Thankyou for sharing such a delicious recipe.
    Regards,
    Deepa

7. Chitvish

Arch, just play with it (as though!). That is what I am doing now for jigir!!
    I use oats or museli, dry or fresh fruits., ice cream or flavoured yoghurt. It makes a light but filling chilled breakfast in summer!!
    Some tomato sambals are said to have fish masala for flavour. Be careful & buy only the green labelled ones! :biggrin2:

8. Chitvish

Dear Deepa,
    I too had my own reservations against pasta, but now, love to make it atleast once a week!!
    Brinjal shape is whisk &the other is dough kneader. An eletric beater has both sets of 2 blades each. A hand blender is totally different. Please go thro' electric gadgets thread for that.
    If you go thro' my SBS for rotis, you will see the kneading hook used.
    Eggless mayonnaise is, I think, in Misc thread or Recipes from other chefs.
    I really wish you take some time to browse atleast thro' both recipe indeces fully.
    The recipe you have asked fo is totally new to me, sorry :-(

9. Chitvish

Vini, you are creating the breeze by faithfully followng it. I should thank you for that.
    Do try instant morkuzambu podi also for convenience!

10. Chitvish

Thanks, Deepa. Try the same with whole green moong too!! It comes out quite tasty & filling!