1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to save myself from my mil?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by manpras, May 8, 2011.

1. manpras

manpras New IL'ite

I am writing this is post in lot of confusions so pl forgive me if some mistakes. I am the only daughter to my parents. My hubby is an engineer. After completing my graduation I got married in 21 years. It was an early age to getr married but my parents wanted me too.

. From the beginning stage of marriage till date I could not manage either evaluate my pil’s and in laws yet...My mil used to pinch me in each and everything even in daily chores(it’s a long story I ll describe it later). When I ask my hubby he used to say she is like that only Pl adjust. He couldnt do anything more than this.

1. Before marriage my mil behaved with us very well. From next day of marriage she started her game and its still going on.
    2. She commented badly on my complexion b’cos she is fair which I m not. This wounded me a lot.
    3. Even though I cook well she used to scold this and that.
    4. She never allowed me to go out with my dh any where. I had to beg her lot to go to my mom’s home.
    5. She never allowed me to mingle with the neighbors. And even I should not squeak out in balcony.
    6. I was treated badly with all harsh words which ever could be fired for not been conceived. I got conceived after 1 ½ years.
    7. If I or my hubby defends my part she ll threatens that she ll commit suicide. And she did this one time. I came know from my in laws wife that it is her usual drama. This caused them not to defend and adjust her in the ways she was.
    8. When my son was 8 months my hubby got job in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Muscat</st1:place></st1:City> I said I ll be staying with my parents and not with her. For this she created a big drama. Atlast I went back to my parents.
    9. After I too came to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Muscat</st1:City></st1:place> in next 2 years. When we returned to Chennai for first time she demanded to buy a house to stay alone she doesn’t want to stay with my in laws. After these she was acting for some years and we thought she is now ok but she was not.
    10. We are sending money monthly for their expenses.
    11. Even we brought my pil’s to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Muscat</st1:City></st1:place>. It was my hubby’s wish. Even she did some unwanted things that I ll describe it later.
    12. But last year when we went for our house warming function she created a big drama (that we where not at all caring about her and giving proper respect to her) before the entire crowd. My husband got too much ashamed from this and he said he ll never speak to her again and he ll not be sending any funds from his part.
    13. Due to this they lodged a complaint on my father that he is not allowing us to send money to them. In which way my dad is connected to this I don’t know. Police said nothing is wrong on my dad’s part.
    I sometimes feel is she a psychic. Why they behaving like this and what we should do to safe guard ourselves from them. And I like to show my protest to her and how I can. I am totally confused.

I will much appreciate <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">ur</st1:City></st1:place> ideas. Sorry for such a long post.

2. kamal2010

kamal2010 New IL'ite

Hi Manpras,
    I am having a unique kind of a problem in my married life. I have put some of it in the forum.Its a lot to write.I read what you have written.Your Mother in law is very mean. She will definitely get punished. You don't worry about protesting against her. Now your husband knows about how his mother has behaved. Your husband atleast now has realized that she is bad. You have your parents support too. Your dad knows how your mother in law(MIL) has behaved. So you don't try to give anything back to her. You just keep quiet and carry on with other things in your life. Avoid thinking or get into any kind of coversation with her or that involves her. Let your husband deal with her. You just keep quiet and don't interfere. If she interferes in your affiars just tell her politely not to interfere and don't allow her to interfere. Leave that room where she is misbehaving. Try to slowly get some body there where she is sitting so that she cannot misbehave in front of them. If she behaves badly in front of them atleast they will be there to support you. Don't get into a rebel mode and spoil your mental peace. Try to ignore her existence. This is my opinion. I know it is hard but atleast your husband is not hitting you or forcing you to do anythign that you don't like.

3. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

"STOP COMMUNICATING TO HER"

-inc

4. sitara1

sitara1 Bronze IL'ite

Some people simply like their life to be like soap operas, usually making the lives of their near and dears miserable. Sad. The only way to safe guard from them is to learn to art of ignoring and maintain a safe distance, emotionally as well as physically. If you decide to show protest to her, you are getting into the murky waters yourself. One day you will realize that you are totally obsessed with trying to show your protest that you have wasted your precious time.

5. busymom42

busymom42 New IL'ite

Hi Manpras,

I agree with Kamal. Please ignore her.That is the only way you get mental peace. The good part is your husband knows about her and he can support you.I had a friend with same problem and her MIL is very cunning.Her husband doesn't even notice her games and he is a Mommy Boy.So I would say you just relax,ignore her,if you call them do that infront of your husband so that he knows whatever happens.This way you can have peace of mind and keep your family in peace.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Don't bother about her. Just ignore her.

7. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

You have a good life with your husband and baby. Please do not spoil your peace trying to think about your MIL.

8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Dont be too much worried about these things. Try to ignore her. If ur dh is with u then what else u need.

9. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Just ignore her.
    Be happy that your husband is aware of his mother's true color.