Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Damini,
    I like your FBs because you try a good range & without prejudice!!:thumbsup
    In his weather, chilled badham milk, rose milk are all ideal, if home made - super economical too!!Veg cutlet converted to pav bhaji paratha is a great idea!!:)

2. Chitvish

The only quality needed to make basundhi is patience!!
    Non-stick is ideal for this. I used hard anodized kadai as shown in the photo - is quite heavy, but not like uruli.
    Idli, bread - all these, if once perfected, the recipe should not be changed. Whether the recipe is mine or anybody else's!

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

y'day made peas dhokla for dinner. As always came out perfect. now awaiting fresh corn season:)

today made s.i. kurma. Last time i ground coconut along with masala. Today had coconut milk. What a rich taste!! enjoyed with idiyappam and rounded off with basundhi:)

4. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Ma'm,

I made oats-lapsi upma using pressure cooker over the weekend for my daughter (16 months) and she loved it. I made more on purpose and ate the remaining.

Thank you so much for this great healthy recipe to make my baby eat lapsi and oats.

5. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made Lapsi Biryani for dinner yesterday. Out of the world! Loved it a lot. To my surprise, Priya who is not such a big fan of fada, loved this dish so much. Absolutely delicious. I did make it little spicy.
    Thanks,
    Regards
    Deepa

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    first thing in the morning I tasted the ice cream.... I have no other words than ummmmmmmmmmmm......................... It is so delicious and the texture is just like store bought ones. I did not have vanilla essence so I added the rose mix- colour and essence combined- and it is just pink ice cream, gulabi. As you said, when it is whisked it started to increase in volume. Adding the cream has made the texture so good. I never dreamt that I would be making such ice cream in life..... There i sno crystal formation in this method. Once whisked, it can be frozen in individual cups or containers too, easy to serve. Now I must buy a scoop also. I have the chocolate sauce and also choco chips. The choice is endless. Thank you is a very small word but there is no other word to say. I wanted to make it, you have posted such a risky recipe in a simple manner and I should at least honour it. I shall make many others once I come back from my trip. There is a faculty in Aravindh's college who is a foodie and I sure will tell him about this. He will just be floored.I shall post the photo, has to take a snap. I could not wait to give the fb.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Here are the photos. There are lots of ice cream lovers in my family, I shall be sending them for sample today.

Attached Files:

8. Chitvish

Varloo, I am superseding all Fbs & wriing to you!!
    I am so thrilled & really feel indebted to you for the FB with photos!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
    The texture looks absolutely perfect & amazing. You can play with this base endlessly!!
    Thanks is a small word for trying this before you go on your holiday.
    Those who plan to try will realise that it is so simple!!

9. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Varloo, I am drooling :cheers. Please send one to me as well.
    Just cant wait to make icecreams :)

10. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Today it was mattar paneer with rotis. We do not get fresh peas here often. So when I got a kg of it I wanted to try this dish. We loved the creamy,mildly spiced dish a lot.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful recipes. The icecream mela looks yummilicious.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.