ttc while 30

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutesmile09, Dec 28, 2010.

1. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

Thanks alot for all ur replies,I consulted my GP 2weeks back and he referred me to various fertility test like fasting glucose,TSH,HSG and so on,I gave my blood sample and yet to go for a scan(as the wait time for tht is high),today i got my blood test results everything was normal except for TSH,they asked me to repeat the blood test in 8weeks time,My periods are regular(32days cycle) & iam ovulating(as per BBT &cervical muscus monitoring) but i did gained weight in the last few months(8kgs),iam trying to reduce it.

Iam very sad and depressed,Today is our wedding anniversary& i got this news,iam shattered :drowningi will meet my GP tom to discuss further on this..

Anyone on the same boat,pls share your experiences!!!

PS:Regarding Age factor my GP had advised me tht " if one is healthy& system functioning properly then age shdn't be matter of much concern".

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am in the same boat in the sense that its not 1 year since we started trying. My GP also suggested that I have to wait for 1 year.

In your case, I see that your periods are normal and that you are ovulating...thats the biggest part. do not worry.

Happy Anniversary :)

3. bajan

bajan New IL'ite

Hi Cutesmile,

Happy Anniversary! Who knows how many more anniversaries you will get to enjoy as just the 2 of you :), so cheer up and make the most of this wonderful time.

Regarding your tests, good that you have started the process. Thyroid levels can vary from month to month. I am not sure why they are repeating the test after 8 weeks instead of 4. But be positive. It may not be too concerning. Good that you are ovulating. May be try using a LH kit also to just ensure that your bbt temp rises a day after LH positive.

Also, has your DH started the tests? Make sure you get him booked for that also. I always feel 'our' problems are usually easier to solve than 'theirs'. So it is better to clarify that everything is fine with him.

Yes, I agree with your GP. Age should not be an issue for you both. You are still young. But make sure you are doing the right things. Exercising + eating healthy. Also, reduce your stress levels. I realised when we were ttc that my work was stressing me out. So I quit my job. I also moved away from friends who were being negative and looked for positive people around me. Prayed to lord Muruga and Devi Garbarakshambigai with hope. I have no doubt that all this only helped us conceive. Above all, DONT think about this when you are in your two week wait. Easier said than done but it works.

Baby dust to you.

4. cutesmile09

Thanks Rakhi&Bajan for your wishes&support,yep u r right stress plays vital role during ttc,i have lot of stress related to work,but trust me some or other problem just keep bothering me all the time,Really iam going thru difficult phase in my life now,iam thinking on how to overcome tht:bonk,if necessary iam ready to quit my job,i am also offering prayers to GOD,

Lets see how things will progress

Baby dust to u all

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Happy anniversary! :)

Yeah, don't worry about the age part!

About the stress, I've tried some guided meditation videos (there are some even about visualizing pregnancy!) that sort of put you in your happy place and counter all that stress. Walking and exercising was another thing that helped me keep my spirits up.

You might also like to talk with your mum about how easily or not she conceived, I was psyched out when I hit 30 and we weren't even TTC then because of our career things and one phone chat with my mum just put my mind to rest about the whole age thing! :)

Good luck! May the new year (its gudi padwa today) bring all your wishes together.

6. cutesmile09

Hi Dhaanika,

Thanx alot for ur kind words...my dh,my mom&my pil's all are very supportive(touchwood),everyone are so caring&understanding,they r not stressing on age factor too..Iam doing meditation & exercises now..

Lets hope for the best!!!

Take care

7. cutesmile09

Hi Ladies,

Today i met my GP,he said tht all my blood test results are normal except for TSH which iam asked to repeat after 8weeks,iam still waiting for appointment for ultrasound scan,I asked for medication to bring TSH levels to normal,but he asked me to wait till i get the results of TSH test nextmonth,if still the results are abnormal then only i will be put on medication,Is tht the right procedure???

Can someone list out the various infertility tests which will done by taking blood sample as Iam unaware of wht all the tests were done to me till now as I wasn't given any medical reports regarding this.

Pls help me friends

Thank you

Baby dust to u all

8. kasturi131

kasturi131 New IL'ite

Hi CuteSmile,

I was in the same boat as you this time last year. the biggest culprit among all is the worriness. You should stop worrying and carry on with your life. Concerntrate on something else may be go out with friends, take up some new hobby etc. Once you stop thinking about it trust me it will fall into place and the positive sign will show up...

I am blessed with a baby girl 3 months ago :)

Lots and lots of baby dust to u

Kasturi

9. cutesmile09

Thanks alot for ur wishes Kasturi,Congratulations,Hope ur little angel is keeping u busy.R u residing in UK,did u undergo any infertility checkup/treatment here..if so,do u mind sharing ur experiences with me pls..

Take care

10. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi Cute smile,

I also just completed all fertility tests here in US. I don't know about UK. Once all that is done, they will recommend next steps for you based on the results of blood test, ultrasound, maybe your DH's Semen analysis etc..
    to get to the root cause of the issue.
    Hope this helps!
    Just trust your doctor that he will recommend the best for your situation.