1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ear infections/ cold congestion

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pray2god, Mar 29, 2011.

1. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    My dd is on her second round of antibiotics in the last 1.5 months for her second round of ear infection. I am still BF her and she is at home with a nanny..
    1) Can anybody suggest any precautions I can take to prevent them from coming back. Actually my dd's infection starts with a bad cold and she has so much flem and congestion that it has led to these infections.
    2) Saline drops, humidifer and the nasal aspirator is what I use all the time.. But the nasal aspirator hardly gets the stuff out.. is there something else I can use to remove the mucous..Has anybody tried Nosefrida?
    3) Has anybody tried homepathy to build the immunity?

Thanks

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi pray2God,

How old is your baby?
    I am not sure homeopathy is given at such young stages.

It is quite awful to see them go through that, but the child's body has to develop immune system naturally.

If she is on solids, have a balanced diet which includes all the necessary ingredients.

3. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi
    Its tooo early to use antibiotics to infants.As u r still BF her...boil water with ajowan filter and u drink them.

as ur DD is with nanny..see that she takes utmost care regarding her hygine.

take care of ur diet which may not cause tooo much cold to ur DD.

If u have introduced solids..then see that she is not fed with itmes which may cause her cold.

most of the times try to keep her warm.

try to giv her luke warm water(if u r giving her)

as patmil suggested it will be better to take homeopathy at this stage.this worked out well for my sis DD.

above alll dont get disappointed....and have patience

4. kasturi131

kasturi131 New IL'ite

HI
    I Know how hard it is to see the little one suffering and there is nothing much we can do.
    My daughter had the same problem few weeks ago, what i basically did was tilt her cot (so that she could breath easily esp during her sleep), and cleaning her nose frequently by sucking out her cold which inevitably eases her.
    Apart from that you can also place a bowl of water near to her cot (moisturises the air) i think it works better than humidifier. And if ur little one is more 5 months you can actually apply vicks as well.

And of course the nasal drop..it works wonders...

hopefully this works
    Kasturi

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    You need to take care that water doesnt enter her ears while giving bath....

6. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

I think that is the issue. My DD has lot of hair.. How do you ladies with girl bathe 8 month old hair without water entering the ears?