1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On The semi finals and some Indo-Pak bonding….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thank you CM ( hope you dont mind me calling you that :)). I expect the cricket fever to last for another 2- 3 days then we shall find some other topic to blog about, thats life.:)

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi mindi

it was nice to read about the camaraderie with which the pakistani guy was watching cricket with you.

Even i feel, the younger generation are more liberal, and the animosity is mostly hyped too much.

"Sachin and supersition" i believe it too, bcoz if u analyze the matches in which he scored 100, india has lost, so let him not make 100, but win the world cup :)

dont they say, greater benefit is what we should strive for !!!!

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Now this was one class blog, as classy as it can get.How embarassing to have a paki watch the match with u, and he being so gracious , i wonder what if u were the only indian watching with all paki friends, how it could have been eh !

Yes emotions run high at these times, and i must say, now to defeat SL, u must watch with a SL fellow.HAHA

Superb one.

Regards

kamal

4. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi mindi my friend

great writeup. Everywhere it is cricket mania & emotions are high .The highest point was ofcourse indo pak match ,in a way more electrified than any other event.

Actually it was due to Afridi's wife that pak lost this match ,
    as few days back when afridi asked her for tea ,she gave in a plate.

When a angered Afridi asked why you aren't giving me in a cup
    she replied - Cup to tera bap dhoni layjayinga isliye plate men pine ki adat dal lo ... lol
    so a dipressed demoralized afridi was unable to win the cup. ( this is the inner story I am telling you only .... Lol. )

Kep fingers crossed tomorow when watch the match.
    Bye

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,
    Nice to see you watching the match in appropriate settings..:biglaugh
    Indo-Pak with a Pakistani and Indo-Srilanka..with a SL family...

Glad to know about the younger generations theory about India and Pak. being a one nation.

Even my daughter was yelling 'heyyy' when India won, when my daughter was being told that India won, through a Pakistani friend..:)

sriniketan

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    In awonderful manner you have brought out the " friend ship theory "or bonding theory .
    Strike a match, bring both our nations from the darkness of suspicion into light, and find that we are not just human beings like each other, but brothers. Literally we are: There are thousands in Pakistan who have cousins in India and thousands in India with relatives in Pakistan. If this isn’t about blood brothers, what is? It was a wonderful match I saw ; there was a feeling of brotherliness and deep bonding between both the groups, two prime ministers sat together, two groups of people belonging to neighboring countries cheered together, yet if you had asked an outsider if he could have distinguished between a Pakistani and an Indian, if the Indian had work green and his Pakistani counterpart, blue, nobody would have known the difference. It was a wonderful match and an Indo-Pak win..!Let us hope the feeling surround in the final and hope India comes out with flying colours .
    with love
    pad

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Rads,

Even i feel, the younger generation are more liberal, and the animosity is mostly hyped too much.

true Rads..in some ways the younger generation is a lot more liberal

"Sachin and supersition" i believe it too, bcoz if u analyze the matches in which he scored 100, india has lost, so let him not make 100, but win the world cup :)

Oh really..i did not know about that .. then he better relize the more important dream... that of bringing home the cup. Three :cheers to us, Rads.:)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

i would never have the guts to be the lone Indian watching with all paki friends hahahah . but thats a very good thought.::) :thumbsup

Yes emotions run high at these times, and i must say, now to defeat SL, u must watch with a SL fellow.HAHA

hopefully, today evening.:) BEST OF lUCK TO US, KAMALJI.:cheers you please do whatever it is that you usually do to help India win okay? :biglaugh

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jaiiii,

good to see you here . :)

hahaha that was a good one. now tell me how do you get all this andhar ki baathein?:rotfl

Keep fingers crossed tomorow when watch the match.

Of course, Sure to.:cheers

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Nice to see you watching the match in appropriate settings..:biglaugh
    Indo-Pak with a Pakistani and Indo-Srilanka..with a SL family

hahaha sreeni that was good planning, nah?

Even my daughter was yelling 'heyyy' when India won, when my daughter was being told that India won, through a Pakistani friend..:-)

that was so sweet.. at least the younger generation should grow up without all these biases. nice to see their innocent friendships.