Confused..What should I do next?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Binz85, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I have diagnosized with PCOS last November by a RE .My blood works were normal except high male hormone.Eventhough he prescribed me Metformin 500mg/day for 6months he was confident I would get pregnant within 3 months.After starting this dosage I got three periods(45,38,36) with two ovulatory cycle and one non ovulatory cycle.

I have been continuing this dosage till now(5th month) eventhough doctor had a hope within 3 months..As my RE moved to another hospital. I am not sure whether my condition is improved or not.I am little confused about the way of approaching doctors as I am new to this country and the method of treatment.

1)Should I wait for another month to take an opinion from the doctor?(My 6 month metformin refill ends on May).

2)Consult another RE in same hospital for further treatment or high dosage of Metformin as my present RE moved to another hospital ..

3)Consult the same RE and ask for an opinion.(He moved to a nearby hospital)

4)Consult a gynaecologist for an opinion as I already diagnosized with PCOS and all the blood work done.

Finally Should I go for clomid next time?

Please give me some advices.I am already tired of this journey of TTC.

Baby dust to all

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011

2. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Hey,

Even i have been DX with PCOS and im doing metformin too..If i were you, i would be going to the old RE who knows your case (if the insurance and the other stuff works out well).

Moreover , as far as i know metformin does wonders it seems , you could meet your old doctor and he would be the right one to decide whether you need a higher dosage of metformin.

Just a piece of advice, I don mean to say that GYN are not good to treat PCOS , but RE is the best when it comes for PCOS.This is purely on my personal experience as i had been to the GYN for the last three months and the moment i went i was put on clomid and the end result..i got pregnant and miscarried.( i don mean to say clomid is bad)Clomid directly worked without treating my underlying cause, which metformin does .My RE also said that clomid + metformin would be a good choice....Let your doctor decide which is good for you!!! I hope this helps

Take care!!

3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am on metformin too for PCOS for male hormone level.
    I am on clomid too. Ask the same doctor, what he would recommend. Since my RE recommended for higher dosage of metformin and clomid.
    All the best!

4. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Hey ,

Could you pls tell me what do you mean by the male hormones.Are they the DHEA - S ?

5. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi,

it is testosterone levels.. it is there in everyone, in some it is more..

6. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Thanks meetumeetu and successminded for your reply..

I do have one more doubt..Whom should I consult if I get pregnant with RE's prescription?..Can I go to a gynaecologist directly?

7. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

@meetumeetu

Sorry for your loss.Now I am little bit scared about clomid.I thought it has no side effects and was planning to ask for it on next appointment..hm!!
    Baby dust to you..

8. Praying4Baby

Praying4Baby New IL'ite

Hi Binz85,

Even I m also sailing on the same boat. Me too confused like u after moving from India. Dont know how to select doctor and go for which doctor for my PCOS problem. Hope god hears our prayer to reach correct doctor.

Hi meetumeetu,
    As you told RE doctors are best to treat PCOS who is ttc. Even I am also trying since 2 and 1/2 years but no result. really i am going down like anything. my hubby's family started treating me like something which i cant share with anyone. Please help me out in searching RE. Give me some tips

Thanks a lot for everyone for great support