Trying to conceive with PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mailmeee2, Aug 5, 2010.

1. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

Re: PCOD not able to conceive...

Hi premagana2000,

So PCOD is hindering you from getting conceived so i assume there is no issues in your partner.
    Let me tell you my case is similar to yours, 4 yrs of TTC and have gone though all the stuff you have mentioned.
    Not for all IUI clicks, esp IUI is boon to those having issue in male side.
    For Female side issues it is suggested for IVF /ICSI, well as per my understanding.. please ladies correct me if i am wrong

Once you lost the hope on a doctor there is no use going to them again because the doubt will still be lurking in your mind.
    So move on

Picking a famous one / established for long time one..sujatha, Vasu and others have told me every hospital / doctor has their own +ves and -ves

So you just look inside you, find what are you looking from a doctor

- Kind person to explain you everything
    - Patient enough to listen to you
    - Transparent procedure
    - Closer to your place of living

Because almost all the docs in fertility treatment are following the same series of steps what matters is how we respond to those medications and situations..
    so make your pick on your requirement.

Good Luck! :thumbsup
    Cheers
    Thara

2. swarnapreethi

swarnapreethi Senior IL'ite

Hi
    There is no medicines in allpathy for PCOD/PCOS this is my personal experience, Better to undergo Homeopathy treatment. this will help you, I think Dr.Senthil Kumar who is visiting velachery,Chennai weakly once. i took treatment from him then i blessed with baby. you can try once to get good results

3. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

confused

I have been married for 4 years and have been trying for almost 3 years now. I have gone through lot of test and most of my reports have come normal (Below is some of the basic info of some important test) Though we are keeping lot of patience but it does get frustrating from time to time. Ladies I need your help and some useful info. I have changed some 3 docs in these 3 years, coz of various reasons. Now I am sticking to one doc, who like the other docs is one of the leading gyane of our city. But like others even she is telling to keep patience and getting more and more test done. Which is damn frustrating and expensive.
    My hsg was normal. Got my follicular monitoring twice. Once it was dominant in right ovary with 2-3 devoloping follicles but there was no single dominant follicle while left ovary had 1 single ovary, which on 15<SUP>th</SUP> day ruptured. While next month when I got d monitoring done, the dominant follicle was in right ovary and on 14<SUP>th</SUP> day it was 22mm dominant and on 15<SUP>th</SUP> day it had ruptured. My endometrial echo was seeing in midline both the times and measured 7.3 mm and 6.5 respectively.
    What is emdometrial echo and is it normal, what my reports are showing.
    Also if my follicule is rupturing on 15<SUP>th</SUP> day, both the months, what does that mean? That IC should be done on that day or a day before. My cycles are usually normal spanning b/w 28- 32 days. 2-3 times in 3 years it may have ecceded 32 days. What will be my ovulation cycle? I usually calculate the ovulation date as 14 days prior to my next date, ie: as my cycle is b/w 28-32 days, I minus 14 days from 28-32 days and we try to do IC b/w these dates on alternate days. Am I going in correct direction? I have also had duphaston after ovulation rupture, but to no avail.

My main reports are
    FSH- 7.96MIU/ML, LH- 5.58MIU/ML, E2-67.10 pg/ml, prl- 8.72 mg ang tsh- 1.53 miu/ ml
    I also have a problem since I got married is that every time before the onset of my periods, I get a major gastric attack and I vommit whole night and have a migrane attack. Though after 4years, I try to control it by avoiding gastic indusing food for almost a week before my periods. But the problem has totally not ceased. Also I have a major problem of body heat. Even in winters, if I have some food, which has hot constituency or properties, I get blood from my legs and arms( Little, not like in huge quantities).
    My doctors are not finding it abnormal but yes 1 doc said that that there is hormonal disturbance. In lay man’s language she said that though I don’t have diabeties but my ratio in which sugar level should be for pregnancy is not there and that is why its effecting my Hormaonl ratio. She also said that because of these unbalanced ratio, I m creating small eggs instead of 1 big egg and there are not able to hold the sperm.
    Is it normal to have this kind of attack? Do u think its effecting my trying for pregnancy. Also I know this must not be complete information but I am damn confused, that I am going in which direction. Following my doc blindly is not giving me any results:drowning:drowning. These days I am on Folivite and glyciphage ( for sugar control but after dinner coz I don’t have diabeties) I am quite confused with advises from different ppl. My inlaws don’t want me to have egg, coffee andfeven for that matter curd in the night( I am very fond of all these 3 things) My mother on other side tells me to have lot of dry fruits, nuts etc to increase my immune system esp in winters. And it will help in pregnancy. Other then that I have enough of stress, thanks to constant Inlaws bickering. Which I am trying to ignore.:bonk
    Lastly I also got MTBC and PCT done and there results were negative (meaning no problem). Now doc wants me to do ADVANCED PELVIC UFS. BASELINE STUDY AND OVULATION MONITORING. HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM FOLLICULAR MONITORING? AND WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?
    I KNOW LADIES IT’S A LONG POST BUT I NEED YOUR HELP. HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT IT? I AM CONFUSED WITH SO MUCH INFO ON NET ABOUT TEST, DIET ETC, but don't know to follow what and what not!

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: confused

Welcome here... Its really a big post...
    You could be in border line PCOS. I hope Glyciphage should be some metformin combination, in such case it helps in controlling this pcos! You can try better diet & moderate exercise in this phase. Include more vegetables, fruits, greens, protein & fiber rich foods. It will do the help in working against PCOS! Folvite is a folic acid tablet given to TTC ladies for the early baby development.

Base line study could be basic scan on day 2 or three along with blood test on few hormones! I hope follicular study & ovulation monitoring would be same.
    Your earlier follicular study is good. You could be ovulation around 15 & you can try just before & after the ovulation to properly cover up!

Most people will come up with no stress or relax during this TTC. You need to be positive, stress free to succeed in TTC & end up in peaceful pregnancy though its tough one!
    Baby dust to you.

5. shesuni

shesuni New IL'ite

TTC with PCOS, previous PPROM History, pls suggest DR for Blore

Dear IL friends,

I am suffering from PCOS, detected 3 ys back. Last yr i concieved spontaneosly in Sep, my water broke at 18th week and we lost our baby :(

I am now TTC and want to visit a good gynae with high risk pregnancy experience.

Can anyone pls suggest a good gynae in blore. I am considering and confused between Dr Praveena Shenoi (Manipal) or Dr Sitarajan (Mallya) or Dr Jaya Bhat (Novo).

i really dont know the cause of prom, have very heavy periods and longer irregular cycles so not sure if i am ovulating. I really want to make sure evrything goes fine now. pls help!

Is there any good Reproductive Endocrinologist in blore to consult?

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: TTC with PCOS, previous PPROM History, pls suggest DR for Blore

Hi Shesuni,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can fnd our forum guidelines here...

Sorry about your past experience. If you are high in weight, try to reduce it, eat healthy stuffs. Avoid carbohydrate intake, include more vegetables, fruits & protein rich food.

Check the below threads... Please check the Bangalore forum too for gynec list! Hope these helps.
    Suggest a doctor for IVF in Bangalore
    Suggest a good fertility doctor in Bangalore
    Baby dust to you.

7. deepavelu

deepavelu New IL'ite

NOT PREGNANT help

Hello il s

for past 3 yrs we are trying for baby by natural way , we never visited doctor , now recently we visited a ob/gyn got blood test everything is normal, and they tested the ultra sound scan then they asked to go to fertlity centre , not very sure what would be the problem if its india i feel comfortable but here in usa they are not telling what actual problem is i asked again they are assuming poly ovary syndrome but they are not sure because harmone are normal in blood test .. Not very sure what to do but going to book for the fertility centre so please help me friends why they have suggested to go fertility centre ...

Thanks in advance

8. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Re: NOT PREGNANT help

Hi deepavelu

Usually if ob/gyn find anything abnormal regarding fertility they will recommend you to a fertility center..Might be they have found PCOS in you through scan or they think so with other symptoms ......Since you are in TTC I think the best thing is to approach a fertility center..They can provide best treatment for u rather than ob/gyn..

For me blood test was only done in ob/gyn and then doctor referred me to a reproductive endocrinologist.He only diagnosized me with PCOS and am still consulting him..

So dont get tensed up..Get an appointment and ask your doubts with them..Best Wishes..Baby dust to u

9. deepavelu

deepavelu New IL'ite

thanks for ur reply and clearing my doubts ... sure i will fix a appointmt with fertility centre .. thanks

10. rashmi19

rashmi19 Bronze IL'ite

hi deepavelu;
    mine s same case as yours... nothing wrong in both of us still ttc..
    what i personally think
    1)timing would be problem or
    2)during s.. positions may be wrong
    3)both of you or any one of may stressed or tensed of something so performance wont be that g8
    4)having s.. in same wayor method may be bore.so not been njoyed much..thus affects ur level & his penetration level also.
    5) any wrong habits like excessive smoking or drinking may be
    6) lack interest in s..
    i hd anayled this all things last month & so i m writing. study ur behaviour & ur hubby's.try to change ur lifestyle.have haircut(seriously speaking it works)atleast in my case it did.ifeel younger & thus my confidence hd also boosted.
    try this...hope it works but 1st find reason...

may baby dust on all ttc..

Rashmi