Aug 2011 Moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by bajan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi CL,

take care.when is the normal recommended time for anamoly test? I mean how many weeks and also glucose test?

2. careerlife

careerlife Senior IL'ite

Chotumeetu - both the tests should be done in second trimester...but glucose tests can be done earlier, especially if theres family history..

3. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

thanks CL for the info.take care :thumbsup

4. gugapriyaa

gugapriyaa New IL'ite

In my second scan reports the baby measured 1 week bigger than its current week it seems... so the doc preponed my EDD to August 10th...Intially i was worried whether anything wrong if the baby is bug...but the doctor convinced me that its just one week plus or minus...so nothing to worry...even my glucose level were normal...

Now my clothes are getting tighter ... i just purchased few sets of new clothes last week but yet to stich it....wondering how loosely i have to stich it :p .... have u ladies started shopping the clothes?

5. bajan

bajan New IL'ite

hi CL - thanks for the tips. Nausea is getting much better now but still not eating enough. Glad to know all your results went well. Did you do Nuchal or Downs test as well ?
    Gugapriya - Good to note that all your results are also normal.

I stopped wearing jeans / pants weeks back. I am at home most times, so I am wearing loose PJs and nighties. Works so far. For outside, I wear my usual leggings and tops which still fit me. I don't think I have put on much weight. I think I will buy a couple of maternity leggings and a few maternity tunics. Still tired and haven't done any shopping yet. Gugapriya - are you referring to Salwar cloth sets ? May be you can buy one maternity top / salwar that fits you well with plenty of space to grow (I am sure maternity wear will be designed to accommodate future size increases) and then stitch all of them in the same way. May be girls in India can help ?

6. bajan

bajan New IL'ite

Hi Chotu - This is how they prescribe tests here

10 - 12 weeks - first scan for dating + bloods for HIV, hepatitis etc. Not glucose.
    14 weeks - Nuchal scan if opted, done in few areas only (not done if 18 weeks blood test is done)
    18 weeks - Downs blood test if opted, done in most areas (not done if Nuchal is done)
    20 weeks - Anamoly scan + bloods for glucose

Is it different elsewhere ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

thanks Bajan.I am in my 14th week and I will enquire them and keep you posted.BTW,whats meant by dating scan?

8. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    How are you all doing?It's been a long time i posted here.............
    I had my Nuchal test in the 1st week of Feb and glucose test last week all came out normal.
    But i have a fibroid growing outside of the uterus, doctor told me its normal for some women to develop fibroid in the 1st trimester especially when hormone levels are high,i had fibroid even with my 1st pregnancy but everything went normal .I even took 2 flight trips and did all the activities still delivered naturally!i hope the same this time.
    But my confidence level is not as high as i had with my first pregnancy ladies,whenever i get poking pain or pressure i am scared a bit :(

CL good to know your results came out normal.Dont be tensed when your around your DD.Toddlers will pick up our mood and act cranky.Be relaxed atleast pretend to be.
    Bajan hang in there you will get better with your nausea in another one or two weeks.Do take a prenatal vitamin.
    Iam eagerly waiting for my anamoly test, my parents and in laws are so keen in knowing the gender of the baby before it's born :)

9. careerlife

careerlife Senior IL'ite

@gugapriya - dont worry abt the change in EDD...it happens with almost evryone...as they even the EDD now can be +/- two weeks...so its fine...my EDD also changed after my first scan

@bajan - the schedule for tests are different everywhere i think...for eg, my gynaec here does not believe in doign many tests...she just does the scan every trimester and glucose and bloodcount thats it...

@kalaprabha - do take care..my story is different..i was very scared with my first one...but now, i dont even think i am pregnant...i seem to forget escept when my back or my tummy starts aching after i exert a lot...i think i should learn to be more relaxed with my daughter now..i get angry very fast cos i am very tired most of the time..and when she starts troubling i cant take it..so u will know the gender of the baby soon right? very good...i want to know as well and can find out in the next scan but am not sure whetehr to ask or not

10. careerlife

careerlife Senior IL'ite

i do not fit into any clothes these days...i can just wear some loose kurtis or loose tops...seems likeqwwill need to do a bit of shopping soon.
    ladies has any of u started feeling any movements of ur babies?