Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Friends,
    I am planning to start a SBS tread for Chaats shortly.
    I need your support!
    FBs are dwindling but my posts are only increasing.
    Well, I do't plead for FBs; but I will be happy if only you are all aware of what all I am posting here & in SBS.Saras is very dutiful in that respect.:thumbsup
    Thanks for understanding.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

oh chithmam,

I saw chaats indexed by saras as i was shutting down the system, and wanted to say :thumbsup yesterday. I am waiting for c' board exams to be over, to try them out with her. will come back with fb's for those next month. esp. pani puri..

I just wanted to tell you that i made dhokla last week following your tips, and it came out amazingly pourous, we just reduced the sugar, (maybe just sprinkled..) and spiced it more. FIL really loved it.

I goofed up doing horsegram podi. without concentrating i roasted flax seeds instead of horsegram :hide: and to adjust i made a podi out of that for myself..but now s did not know the difference. he has been using that for idli's and dosa. so accidents also end up with good results sometimes..:rotfl

I made that varloo famous 1-2-3 oothappam.:rotfl:rotfl, it was a hit at home.

Made super thenkuzhal and sent it to v through a friend. he said it was nice.
    now baked khakras are on my wish list..will come back with the fb's.

i just wanted to tell you i went to this naturals ice cream parlor recently, and i see custard cookies, butter cookies at 250/300rs/kg..and i was showing it proudly to the kids saying see how your mom makes a healthier version for lesser..:hide:

Raji loved your crumble shot..

3. Adumom

Adumom New IL'ite

Hi Mam

Hope you are doing fine..

Tried your potato kurma to a "T" and it was a big hit at home..Never seen DH eating pooris like this..he loved it so much..Thank you:bowdown

I have a doubt regarding idli batter..i grind it in sowbagya wet grinder, soaking dal for an hour and rice for 5 hours in the ratio of 4:1, but I dont get very soft idlis:hide:...vl try your method of soaking and see how it turns out...will it ferment properly if we soak together and grind?

and one more thing, in 1-2-3 oothapam, raw rice means pacharisi?

Thanks a lot for all your recipes.

Regards
    Nandhini

4. Chitvish

5. Chitvish

Dear Nandhini,
    Potato kurma is irresistible!
    For once, try idli exactly the same way I have given adding aval, soaking together etc.
    Yes, raw rice means pacharisi

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hello Chithu ma,

I made Kovakkai Sadham with boondhi raitha.It was simply superb. The podi was soooo aromatic and irresistible.I sent to amma as well.Waiting for her Feedback.But R and I gorged on it.

7. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

IMG_3743.jpg

Dear Mam,

tried your recipe for "khara bath with coconut chutney",the alltime favourite being a banglorean.your accurate measurements is perfect giving the full satisfaction.thanks for the perfect recipe.

just saw your thread on chaat,hats off to your interest in cooking and sharing them to us.a lot of innovative recipes in chaats is really tempting.

Mam ,how do you manage to try so many recipes?just cannot keep up the pace with you.heartfelt thanks for all that you are.

Shanthi, Thanks dear for your appreciation.

love
    raji

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Chitvish

Aish baby, thanks!!
    Yes, these saadams go well with raithas & anybody will gorge on such combos!!
    Thanks.

9. Chitvish

Great photo, Raji!! I heard the name Khara bhath first only in Karnataka!!
    Well, I believe in time management & I hate to give myself excuses! What else to say?!
    I have all the time in the world unlike busy career women + housewives like you!:)
    Thanks.

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Chit vish ma'am
    Here I am again.I made omum kuzambu and rasam with rasam powder fresh and vazhakai podi.I make rasam powder in a different way,but yours was simply superb.we really enjoyed it,night it was dosa with hotel sambar,we really sank into it I normally do not add sombu and as khus khus is not allowed inside UAE,I made it the way you gave,it was nice.Went to Gopi Kesavan's for lunch on Friday.
    One query can you please post me the recipe of APPLE CAKE which is sold in NILGRIS,the nice round brown one with less sugar.?