Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Back with the weekend fb.Made Coriander leaf Sambar:).Nothing to beat the flavour of freshly ground powder, it went very well both with rice & dosai.Saturday lunch was Brinji Rice & Paneer Tikka Masala. I thought tikka masala would be elaborate & time consuming process.But it was very easy to make, had few ingredients & gravy was done in a jiffy & absolutely tasty:thumbsup.I used up the whey from paneer making for Brinji Rice, one of my favourites.I had a hearty lunch & still counting the calories:biggrin2:. Thank you for such tasty recipes.
    Love,
    Damini.

Attached Files:

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Damini,
    A hearty FB. Nothing to beat fresh coriander flavour!!
    Some grand-sounding dishes are very easy to make & we realise how the prices are hiked up in restaurants.
    The photo shows the success of your succulent dish!!:thumbsup
    Thanks & love,
    C

3. Chitvish

Oh Shan, those were the days!!:rotfl
    I really wonder how & where the light-heared bantyer spirit has gone!! :-(
    Then oats was less used; but now every magazine carries oats recipes & every supermarket has various brands of oats stacked in the front counters.
    I loved the photo angle - looks like Raji's!!:thumbsup
    Love,
    C

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

a very quich FB for LAUKI PARATHA,,as soon as i saw ur recipe,decided on making it to give some life to my otherwise dead lauki sitting in the fridge for more than a week:)..rombha soft and rombha tasty,,have made RAJMA MASALA to go with it and also made MW thiratiipal(dh kku ennoda valentine day treat)...mami,this MW thirattipal can give aavin a run for money,,avlo tasty..i really hope i reserve atleast a spoonful for my husband..

vishal is asking me to make those cheese croqettes,,will be making them soon.i plan to make paneer at home and use that for the filling..

oats biscuit try panna naan ready mami,,post panna neega ready-a??

lov
    aarthi

5. Chitvish

Dear aarthi,
    This is like my dear dear aarthi of "yesteryear"!! :biggrin2:
    Tak tak FBs!!:hide:
    Y day I mde lauki paratha & kept 2 in foil ; re-roasted them today & had with Mooli Dhokli!!
    Yes MW thiratipal has the original thiratipal taste unlike sweetened palkhoa!!
    Tomorrow, I will post oats biscuit specially for you!!:)
    Keep butter soft & ready!!
    Thanks a ton.
    Love,
    C

6. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Dear Maami,

Tried pasiparuppu dosai for dinner yesterday. Shiva hates pesarattu and things like that. He ate this one without any complaints.

I had one question though. Will this dosai taste good if we ferment this batter? I have bought dill leaves - so either dill dhal or dill dosa will be in this week's menu.

Also made Channa Mint Pulao for today's lunch. I just loved the aroma from the mint leaves while making it. It tasted heavenly without any garam masala.

I have ground some urad dal separately and fermented it for some kind of dosas. Not yet decided. What all dosas can be made with this? I saw that ragi dosa can be made. I have some Bajra flour and jowar flour at home. Can I make dosas with these the same way as given in Ragi dosa recipe?

Thanks a lot for everything,
    Aswini

7. Chitvish

Dear aswini,
    Thanks for the FB.

If fermented,pasiparuppu is likely to stick to the tava!! That is my only fear :-(
    With ground urad, make atta dosai, bajra flour dosai. jowar flour dosai, ragi dosai - anything!!

Yes, I am a great mint lover too & cannot resist buying it if fresh stocks are there!!!
    Love,
    C

8. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hiiiiiiiiiiiii maami :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

happy valentine's day to you.

today for valentine's i made eggless chocolate cake and spicy masala biscuits. hubby loved the cake and the biscuits. has asked me to say thanks to you. I was also thinking of making fig rolls but then gave up the idea for another day.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

attaching pics. ive poured chocolate ganache over the cake.

have got fresh methi leaves and so tried methi tomato kuzhambu for dinner. didnt feel up to going out for dinner. i must say we enjoyed a simple meal at home with the kuzhambu. simply superb maami. thank you thank you thank you

warm regards
    deepa

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  9. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Kal dosai with thakali kolambu was superb!
    also made adai which was very nice. after a long time made adai and hubby loved it. a special thanks from him.
    Today made apple rasam which was very soothing and my kids enjoyed it too.

Love,
    Chaaral

10. Adumom

Adumom New IL'ite

Hi Mam

instead of trying mushroom biriyani, did mushroom cocount gravy..it was so yummy and my DH liked it so much..thank u so much for such an easy and tasty recipe..and also tried Lapsi dosai, was thinking if i will be able to spread it on tava..but it came out so well without any oil. No one could tell that it was lapsi..

Thank you so much for all these recipes..

Luv
    Nandhini