Puja Format - Feedbacks here

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by AGR, Mar 23, 2006.

1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs. ChitVish,

Could you please elaborate on how to do Puja for Thulasi, what is the ideal place to keep it, specific slokas to be chanted while watering it and other do's and don'ts with respect to Thulasi.

Some say one should not eat Thulasi leaves kept for Puja, while my grandmother always used to pluck Thulasi leaves, offer it to Lord Krishna and eat it as prasad.

Could you please answer my questions? (Take your time, I know you must be having a lot of queries with regards to kitchen and other discussions).
    Thanks
    Vidya

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thulasi Puja !

Dear Vidya,
    I have drafted a thulasi puja format for everyday. There I will include a few more details which you have asked for and post it by Monday or so.
    Love &regards,
    Chithra.

3. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Pictures needed .

Hi friends,
    Anybody knows any site to download colourful, realistic pictures of Gods like Subramanya, Shiva, Dasavathar, Hayagreeva, Dakshinamurthy etc. etc.....
    Appreciate any help,

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

abt Satyanarayana pujai....

Hi Lakshmi,
    Abou Sri Sathyanarayana Poojai, there are books and cassestees available, with which you can follow. I have been doing it here by following all the instructions meticulously. It is like following our own Chitra's pujai steps. Try to get the cassette since it helps you to follow the slokams also properly. Feels really good...it is available ein chennai itself...my friend got it for me!
    You can also visit Ragahvendra mutt in Triplicane on pournami days, it is very good to listento the stories also at the end and getting the prasadam there. I used to go regularly..which i miss very much here!

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanx Vidya & Sudha

Hello Vidya & Sudha,
    Thanx for informing and enlightning me about Sayanrayan Pooja. I wld try to get the cassette and start doing the pooja.
    Vidya, thanx for ur info abt the Neivediyam too.
    Shall post my experience once I start doing the pooja.
    bye.

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

thanks for yet another puja format

Dear Chitra,

thanks for the thulasi puja format.
    I did go thru the same & have taken a print-out.
    this goes to my collection.
    now, I do have a doubt here - when do we perform thulasi puja??
    any specific day for this puja?? Pls do reply.

Love & Regards,

7. Chitvish

It sould be for " performance" as well, not only collection !

Dear Meena,
    It is thulasi NITHYA puja format ! If not everyday, atleast perform it on the specific days I have mentioned !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

definitely not just for show-case.......

Dear Chitra,

Pls be assured your formats are not just for show case - its only after you started this thread that I've started doing an elaborate puja at home. Before it was a very brief puja at home whether regular days or occassions/festivals. Now I've started doing diff pujas for diff days & never knew pournami /amavasai days even existed before.

I must confess, I've to have your print outs with me while doing the pujas. haven't mastered yet to perform without them but surely going in the right direction. Like you have mentioned in the cultural thread, pujas leave me so content & peaceful within which was surely missing in my life all these days, Chitra. That's one of the reasons why I claim you as my GURU.

would love to do all the pujas everyday but I'm still a learner and need to pay a lot of attention/planning & time which I'm not able to cope up with. I do spend time going thru the formats & others questions posted to you & learn a lot from them too.

You are definitely a boon to me!!!!!!!

9. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

Dear CV

Thulasi Pujai format - asatheteenga ponga:)

slowly learning a lot from this thread.

best regards
    hopefloats

10. Chitvish

Meena, a suggestion !

I take print outs, laminate them & spiral bind them. In spite of the confidence in our memory, it is better to do the puja, with this by the side, to be on the safer side !
    I keep one for puja formats & one for chanting shlokas.Laminating them helps water, haldi etc from making them dirty during the puja !
    These are my usual gifts to my daughter & DIl for functions - my labour of love !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.