1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ANAN moment.... A Valentine special.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear mindi,
    That was a very sweet post.No wonder your man fell for you,had I been in his place I would have carried you away like Pithviraj carried Samyuktha on a horse,well if not on a horse on a scooter atleast!

Well,as far as the ANAN moment in our life was concerned,SLN came to see me with his parents,mind you he had come to chennai on official visit.His parents were very formal people all the time proclaiming that they were very informal.But they were nice .The girl in those times were supposed to do namaskaram to the boys' parents and to the boy as well.I proceeded,did namaskaram to my would be parents in law but when I proceeded to do namaskaram to SLN he said,"No,no"and prevented me from doing so.He scored there in my heart.Thats all,we did not speak with each other,my FIL would have thrown a fit if some one had suggested that and I was very nervous.Since I was nervous I did not even lift my head to have a good look at him,so no ANAN at that time.When the bajji sojji session was over and after some convrsation they left,SLN asked my people to call me out and said Bye to me,then the ANAN happened.But I aleady had formed a very good impression about him,he being a wonderful son,a caring brother and according to my brother he was some one who would go places in life.
    When they were leaving SLN turned to my brother and said,"I like your sister.If she also feels the same way,please go ahead with the preparations for marriage.No dowry etc,I have sisters to take care of,so I know what it is to conduct a marriage,Infact I wouldn't mind sharing the expense."My mother and brother were very happy,later on I was told that usually the boys' side were not so frank and forthcoming.

The ANAN moments are happening now,when SLN comes to my room in the early mornings,sits by my side and asks me if I slept well,my heart melts for this man.

My dear Kamla,
    he asked me to sing! I was taken aback and quite angry that a modern young man should ask a girl to sing in this day and age (1970!!). Just to show I was not flustered, I sang my favorite song at that time...'Oho oo nirdaye preetam' !!!!! Yes, I did! There was a twinkle in his eye and his mom could hardly conceal her smile.

That was oh so romantic,how I wish I were there to see it happening!

love
    mithila

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi shan,

Now dont ask me why but come valentines day and I remember you and vijee from IL always.
    :biglaugh:biglaugh
    That was a real "mills and Boon"'ish romance. Adhu eppadi officela fights and then going off to the beach for coffee????
    So deep deep down you really liked the head that was Sooo high?:biglaugh

these days our anan moments are more like apab...avar pesinaar eval badhil sonnal..or vice-versa.

:rotfl:rotfl wait and see...... those days shall come again.:)

It would be nice to hear V's version.:)

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi icy,

thank you !!! heres wishing you your anan moment verrrrrry soooooon.:cheers and be sure to share it with all of us, okay?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear paru,

I could actually see you blush while reading your reply. :thumbsup:thumbsup
    thank you, so glad that you enjoyed and shared yours too.:)
    I totally agree with you..the courtship period is once in a lifetime and only enjoyment without any responsibility, isnt it?
    have a great V day with Mr S, paru.:cheers

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi all.....heres my mothers version... I told you, it gets more interesting as they get older.:)

dates back to 1962...My father had come to see her with his elder brother, his eldest SIL( the first DIL in the family) and his mom. My grandfather (moms father) was waiting for them in station P but they went upto station T,the terminus. My thatha just manged to catch a glimpse of these people in the moving train when it left the station and in his excitement he walked all the way along the tracks behind the train . ( i was :rotfl:rotfl at this)

Well ,they came home and after the traditional bhajji sojji,my mother had to wait for some time until grandfather came to the kitchen, to know who was the bridegroom.My periappa was only 2 years elder to my appa hence the confusion. She was told that the groom was in a cream shirt and the blue shirt adorned his brother so I guess she had a proper look again....the ANAN moment.:)

then she was asked to sing and she went " bala kanakamaya chela sujana pari" in attana..she sings very well and my grandma( fathers mom ) was totally smitten.(later it seems my periappa teased my appa that she had already called him mahanubhaava ).

Well !!!did she like the guy? Her father said,"He was good? wasnt he? "and she nodded.

Did he like the girl? I think so because he sent her a box of rasagullas after he reached Bombay.Now, Isnt that cute?

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Mindi....sweeeeeeet!

(Will come back with a detailed FB...later...watch this space...(Thundu pottu idam pidikiren...:))

7. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Hi Mindi,
    A nice thought for a V- day. Nice to note about your amma's version.
    Read all the posts so far and the fulcrum is ANAN- in each individual's story the lovely "eyes" has played an authoritative part.
    Me too far from this.
    WISH all of you spend the V-day with your DH and have a rocking time
    GOD BLESS

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi mindi
    Can I make my comeback with a fb to your post ..... what better way to come back by opening IL I think almsot after a year & finding your beautiful ANAN post there..... ? Do you remember me ? The person with saturday weekly .. So how is life ..?
    These days I am more worried more about ANAN( ?? From hindi speaking zone) moment for my dear daughter.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Oh my God, Meenu..... I was :rotfl:rotfl at your narration. you are such a pleasure to read ,you know.
    So, it was love on the very first day? sooooo cute.I felt as if I was right at that scene and you had me worrying for your uncle...:rotfl
    and i neednt ask you how that paper on American literature go, i suppose:)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamla,

You being in India and all and abbreviations being the thing of the day, I thought you attended some high funda conference or something!

i am sure you know me better, kams..high fundda and me??????

So since then, we both say 'shoe vai nokkinal shoe vai ye nokkinal'!!

:biglaugh:biglaugh

Just to show I was not flustered, I sang my favorite song at that time...'Oho oo nirdaye preetam' !!!!! Yes, I did!

hahahh that was so cute..i can imagine a rebellious young girl determined to act cooool.:)

thanks for the youtube link. a lata mangeshkar song I didnt know?:hide:

hey kamla,

I just heard the song yaar...hahhah what an apt song for making that request.I can so imagine that theatrical singing. No wonder he had that twinkle and your MIL smiled.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011