****Jan 2011 Date Dues****

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Koms20, May 12, 2010.

1. rajiswork

rajiswork Senior IL'ite

congrats akruthi !!!!

2. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Congrats Akruthi ! Enjoy motherhood :)

3. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

Congrats akruti.hope u n the baby r fine. My baby was kept for 2 days in the nursery for photo therapy because of yellow color on the skin.i also had to stay in the hospital to feed her. We have selected name for our LO-anusha.

4. khushi123

khushi123 New IL'ite

Our Little Prince is here!!!

Arnav was born on 25th January at 7:30 pm after giving his mummy a natural labour of 48 hrs, but finally ended-up in emergency C-section. A very healthy baby weighing 3.625 kgs and 53 cms in length. A beautiful addition to our family !!! :)

My labour was induced on 24th Jan, but started getting strong contractions from 21 jan onwards. but finally everything went well and fine. our prince was 11 days overdue. So the wait was worthwhile.
    He is cute and cuddly and have become naughty already.

And many congratulations to ladies who have given birth to their bubs. Hope all are doing well. Will write the birth story in detail soon.

all the best to all the to be waiting mums.

Regards, Khushi xxx

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  5. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Nisha,
    Dnt worry its very normal and mine too was given photo therapy for 4days. Ur LO vl be back to normal in few days... nice name by the way...:thumbsup

Kushi,
    Congrats!!! That was a really long labour... happy to hear tat everything went well :)
    Take care of u and ur LO...

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

After a long while, i got time to update my story here:)

My little one is very active, at the same time he doesn't give us too much trouble like crying and fusing... He learns so quickly and still getting used to our regular time table.

He used to sleep all day long, and awaken throughout the night by leaving his parent his sleepless since his birth. He doesnt cry or fuss at nights, but he knows how to demand our attention... so, finally he makes us awaken around him in nights.

Due to the pain after my C-section, I wasn't able to handle my baby during the initial days, and he too didn't know how to latch.. so, both ended up having problems in bonding.
    He weight 2.9 kg at birth, but withing 5 days time, he lost 500g and became only 2.4kg.
    i too had severe pain in my breasts and hence developed fever during that time.
    Fortunately my mid wife came in with a great solution and she trained both my self and the kid on BM sessions.

He learned to latch well now, and my pain (both breast pain and abdominal pain due to c-section) have completly gone now.

Initially i fed him in every 2 hrs or so.. and every session lasted for 30-45 mins... because our milk comes very slowly and the LO too doesnt have enough experience to latch properly. But now the milk comes normally and my kid knows how to latch... Therefore our BM sessions last for 10-20 mins each and his tummy is full all the time... Now a days I used to feed him in every 3 hrs or so...
    He is too sleepy during the day, and many times I have to wake him up for feeding.. but in nights he wakes up sharply in 2 hr intervels to have his milk.

I am planning to give him exclusively BM for the first 6 months./.. no water and no other supplimentary liquids. And my lactation consultant advised me to continue with BM since it is the best for the kid than anything else.

How are you all managing your kids?????//

Btw, i didnt see any updates from koms20, the one who started this thread? did I miss anything here?

7. senmalar

senmalar Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Seems all r busy looking after their cute prince/princess...

Enjoy!!!!

Congrats to all the new mommies...:thumbsup

8. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

hi khushi, congrats for your little one's arrival.
    Hi friends, here's my story. My naughty girl has got a habit from the time she was born. she wants me to keep her in my arms all the time even when she sleeps. If i keep her down she passes urine within 5 minutes and scream like anything. Because of this my feeding sessions are not time tabled or regular. She drinks milk too often in every half an hour or so for 15-20 minutes and sleeps in my hands sticking to my chest. But in the night she sleeps for 2-3 hrs continuously. Is it a problem? i am actually worried. She doesnt sleep that much during day time and because of feeding too frequently my nipples have cracked. i cannot apply the gel which doctor prescribed since my lady wants milk every half an hour or so because of frequent urination. Please tell me the way to make her sleep and have milk at regular intervals???? if she is in my arms and close to my chest she sleeps for more time and doesnt pass urine that time. but once kept on bed immediately she wets the nappy and starts crying to change and have more milk. hope u people understood what i am trying to say. anyways she passes urine and stools frequently so i guess there's no problem with her health.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Kushi. :)
    Enjoy motherhood.
    Hope u & your LO are doing great now!
    Take care...

HI Tugga,
    Hope you & your LO are doing great now.
    Enjoy motherhood!

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Congrats Nish, Tugga and others..

Khushi, Arnav is a sweet name.. others, dDo share your LOs names too.