1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Munni Badnaam Huyi! Indeed!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JuhiAgarwal, Dec 17, 2010.

1. JuhiAgarwal

JuhiAgarwal Senior IL'ite

Munni Badnaam Huyi is facing a lot of “badnaam” or “bad name” these days:hide:! Manoj Tiwari claims that the comopistion is not an original of Jatin Pandit. It was composed years ago by Tarabano Faizabadi.

The Bhojpuri star has deputed men to track down Tarabano’s family who is believed to live somewhere in Delhi. Salman and Arbaaz have made their annoyance about Tiwari’s interest in the matter clear, but the Bhojpuri actor is not backing out.

He says, “This is not about me and Salman and Arbaaz Khan. It's about creative rights and compensation to a family in dire need.”

:rotfl

2. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

According to Manoj Tiwari, Tarabanoji had composed the original song more than 12 years ago and had passed away unsung. He wants her family to get their dues.

Tiwari had earlier raised the issue before Dabangg was released. He says, "When I heard Munni Badnaam Hui, I knew it was a rehash of the old popular number Launda Badnaam Huaby by Tarabano.
    I don't know why Jatin Pandit claims to have composed it. I took it up with Arbaaz Sir. He shut me up accusing me of creating trouble for his film."

Manoj admits to have deputed a man to track down Tarabano’s family. He plans to take the help of T-Series to get them their due compensation.

3. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

Interesting! I wish Manoj Tiwari all the best.

4. sheebros

sheebros Bronze IL'ite

hi juhi..

d best thing is mallika is salman's babie being mother of 2 kids her costumes the way she dances cant imagine is she in need of so much of money how did arbaaz react to this..

but the song is amazing i like the movie best is "tune bhi jiya"

sonakshi luks gud but very matured ...

5. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Arbaaz Khan has recently given a lakh and a half rupees to the family of Tarabano Ji- and he has done it sans any publicity!!

Salman is known for the generosity of his heart and now it seems that it is a trait that the entire family can boast of. Arbaaz was moved by the poor conditions in which Tarabano alias Razia’s family was living in and invited them down to Mumbai in the New Year. When the family arrived in Mumbai on January 9, 2011, Arbaaz personally handed over a cheque of Rs 1.5 lakhs to them. Arbaaz was very careful that the gesture received no media coverage and did not even allow a single photograph to be taken.
    :bowdown

6. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Wow! That is a very nice gesture from Arbaaz Khan:bowdown! That fact that the money was paid in the absence of any legal pressure or pressure of any other kind only adds to the enormity of the gesture from Arbaaz:bowdown. The general trend of Bollywood is to respond to any plagiarism by simply shrugging it off – this effort of Arbaaz will thus go a long way in ensuring that “munni” does not stay “badnaam” forever.:clap

Any media publicity of this act could open the floodgates for other claimants who might plan to make a grab for cash too.:evil:

Arbaaz, however, still maintains that he did not owe anybody anything for the song since “munni” was originally a folk tune that did not belong to anyone.
    :|:8)Bow

7. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

that was very nice of Arbaaz....kudos to the family who are so generous at heart :thumbsup