1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A few changes I would like to see from Indians (in India as well as living abroad)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Spiderman1, Oct 29, 2010.

1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Re: A few changes I would like to see from Indians (in India as well as living abroad

I am very happy on reading this Spidey, I have never done this to my kid :), coz, i too hate this attitude.

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Re: A few changes I would like to see from Indians (in India as well as living abroad

Latha,
    Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread and giving your feedback. Much appreciated.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

interesting thread spidey. have read a few contributions and want to add my own wish list. just hope i am not duplicating what has already been said. if so, my apologies.

My wish list:

• stop using the walls of the city as public toilets, and the roads as spitoons.
    • stop hero worshipping and licking the boots of celebrities and politicians.
    • stop thumping ourselves in the chest and declaring to the world how great we are, what an ancient civilization and what a great culture we are. let your actions speak louder than words.
    • stop judging others by your own yardstick, for they would be judging you by theirs.
    • understand that the world was meant to be composed of 50% women and 50% men. stop killing off half of the population at birth.

spidey, though i agree with the spirit of your "arranged marriage" clause, i still think "assisted marriage" should still be available for those of us who are not so attractive to the opposite sex. of course final decision to be off-springs'.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. satchitananda

hi poornima,

kudos for that one. i second you totally on that one.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks satchi - Good points, and thanks for taking the time to list them here.

Though one contention:
    I'd suggest to change the way you (or anyone else thinks about that). Everyone is beautiful and attractive in their own way - there is a lot of stereotyping done by the media on what is beauty and what is attractiveness that its sad that anyone would need to think that they are not attractive.

That thinking must change, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. satchitananda

thanks spidey. point taken.

7. shawrup

shawrup New IL'ite

Wow. great points. i can see most of the points mentioned above needs to be learned in my house. anyways. i am a new mom and i am sure i will raise my child differently.
    thanks for the great points!!!!! i will keep them in my as a mom!!!! love this site!

8. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Wow Wonderful thread spidey.

I liked arranged marriage waning off idea, garbage cleaning, customer service, human respect well. The best thought is educating one , I appreciate that Ilites idea and knowing that she's practising it, Wow :bowdown!!!!

Here is my addition.

# When son or daughter is married then there is going to be three different family. That is Girl side parents & unmarried siblings, Boy side parents & unmarried siblings, the couple who are into wed lock now.

When there's a celebration Diwali, Pongal, Birthday, anniversary (even all the thalai diwali, mottai, kadhukuthu, kaivettu, Mandaiadi whatever their beliefs are ) all three families should meet and celebrate with equal share of joy and happiness knowing they are all different couples. Any custom to show up one side parents should not be encouraged. Boys parents or Girls parents none of them should be given more importance to interlope with the new couples life.

# Better roads & traffic management.

Even someone is rushed to hospital one could not drive through the traffic clog on time.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011