1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is your Love Language ???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by parineetha, Jan 4, 2011.

1. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

HI dear!
    Thank you so much. yes soon we will be married and i wish to have total IL on my marriage. thanks dear!:) wish me to have a lovable life as you both have. :)

2. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hey :) lovely and unique topic !! Lucky me...we almost have all the 5 love languages. Had been going around for 5 yrs before marriage...married for 5 yrs and by now...with due course of time of course, our life is inclusive of all 5, here and there..now and then :) TUCHGOLD !!

He is not a very expressive guy in terms of words and in all these years the one and only word language of his has been - AP MUJHE BOT ACHHE LAGTE HO ( I LIKE YOU VERY MUCH)..rarely does he himself say "I love you"...but doesnt really matter...Yes our love languages are different but all 5 being included...the balance gets struck by itself or whosoever is expecting in a particular way shall indirectly initiate..other understands and completes the initiation :)

Supriya.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Parineeta,
    Marvellous post yaar....very aptly worded I liked this statement very much

Marriages may be made in heaven, but they must be nurtured here on earth!!

My DH is not a man of word but a simple person.. I was just like you I used to like to hear him say "I Love You" often but he says when whatever I do is for you do you still want me to word it, I was like ya I do for it really makes my day rosy sweet n what not ...

When he feels a surge of Love he expresses it with touch he just presses my hand and his eyes does all the talking so now I have stopped asking him for I am have understood his Love language so I am very much contented with it....Touchwood...

4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Supsam and Vjbunny,

Many thanks for your feedbacks...all of us here in this post are lucky and gifted ones right:). Everyone have unquie love languages and what makes me really happy is that, all of us are contended with our betterhalfs. we are truly and deeply in love in midst of all the indifferences right..lucky ones, touch wood.
    all these days i had a feeling that my husband is one who can't express very well, but now i realise, most of our men sail in the same boad. Why are men so inexpressive or we women are highly expressive and demand the same?

-parineetha-

5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Good post Parineetha :thumbsup

Understanding and appreciating one's love language is very important in love. I started a thread on "Why love marriages fail?" This could be one important reason for that.

Thanks! :)

6. parineetha

Dear Mithy,

Very true, Understanding and appreciating one's love language is important in love relationships.
    -parineetha-

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi Parineeta, good post.

I have read this book titled 5 Love Languages many many times and love it. I recommend that every married couple should read it. As most of the differences in married life happen because we dont get what we expect and think that our spouse does not love us, when in fact they love us but in a different way.

My love language: quality time
    my husbands: words of affirmation

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Parineetha,

A good start you have made here to spread the language of love. You seem to have done enough reference to bring these points here I see. To that, you have given your own insight as to how to go about communicating with the partner to brighten up life with the light of love. Good going and I see many are bringing in their own tips too.

Congratulations are in order here for your post has been nominated to the FP if the month by vjbunny!

Keep spreading love! :thumbsup

L, Kamla

9. parineetha

Dear Yams,
    Let my wishes shower you and ur love for a wonderful and cherished life forever:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

-love
    parineetha-

10. parineetha

Dear Janani,
    Very sorry, i missed replying to you, Thanks a lot, all my friends say the same. Though mine was an inter-religion marriage(am an hindu, my husband is a muslim) my friends, my mother and sister admire and wonder at us for leading a very happy, contended life inspite of all the cultural differences. Our secret for success is that we have always respected each other's thoughts, beliefs and deeds.
    -Parineetha-