Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Is this called VAARAL???

Anyways, Mrs.Chithra, Yr recipes lists is like Hanumar Vaal and it will take a loooooong time for me to smell and tell you.

If you want, can wait till I convey my answer or else, you can tell!!!!

Rgds.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Success, a grand success!!!

On reading the first line, everyone must have thought that I discovered something or tried something very hard recipe which no one can do.

But, Mrs.chithra, sorry to disappoint you all. Still, tried microwave okra curry as per yr recipe. And, it was perfectly fine and got cooked evenly without too much of color changing. Cooking with our Chennai okra is no big deal, but here, all okras are blinking at me without being soft .

I poured a few more drops of lemon, otherwise, it was fine. Surely, in future, am going to follow for making okra.

Even, the big eggplant available here will come out like rubber for curries. Should try yr method and will let you know..

BTW, prepared puli kuzhambu, the accompaniment for paasiparuppu dosa and it was really great for rice too. Tonight, PD is the tiffin. Adding peanut enhances and thickens the gravy.

Good combo..

Rgds.

3. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Pinnitteenga Chithra !

Dear Chithra,

This evening I made Pollal Vadai and was quite surprised by such a different tasting vadai ; I was almost expecting a taste like adai --I added some green chillies too and alongwith coconut chutney, was an unforgettable taste [​IMG] . It was a very nice change from the usual bonda / bajji/ pakoda routine. As we had some friends visiting us after a long time, so was keen on trying out something I had never cooked before. I really appreciate your posting such unheard of and unforgettable delicacies .

Also, a huge , tight hug & sweet flying kisses from my daughter esp. for your recipe of Nut cutlet. She simply loved it [​IMG] ! It seemed very very convenient for the school lunch box & I made 2 med. sized ones for her. When I showed her your picture on the site & told her it is your recipe, she immediately told me , " You know I like this aunt's food sooooo romba romba much , then why you didn't make for my friends also ..." ? Tomorrow, she is going to sit down & see all the dishes you've posted pictures for & choose what and all I must cook .... she has started calling me 'Yummy Mummy' !

Though I'm delighted to see her empty lunch-box, I have a feeling naan thindaada pogiren [​IMG]......

With loads of thanks & love,

4. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

kalakal channa batura!

Dear Mrs.C
    Tried the above with the atta combination as i haven't refrigerated my corn flour and didn't want to take the risk anyway.The taste surpassed anything else i have tasted and my husband although in the mood for rice today cleaned the plate!!Channa was something else too.Yummy!
    I also tried Ghuska briyani(my husband's all time fave),pottukadalai chutney,pasiparppu dosai,onion and mint rasam,jain mixed vegetable sabji.
    All were finger-licking good and we enjoyed it.

Love
    Suba.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Lakshmi !

I understand your anxiety. Very thin aval is always " delicate to manage". Do not soak in water at all - it will become " gooey". Just sprinkle water on it & gently mix so that it becomes damp & thereby soft ( Thanniyai thelichu pisarinaal porum).
    Instead of melon seeds, you can add cashew. It was to replace cashew, that I started using melon seeds at all !
    Thanks for the feedback
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Wish you more success !

Yes, I use the same method for brinjal, but I do not add lime juice.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Do you want me to cut short the hanumar val ??!!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Yummy mummy will now have more work !

My chweet kisses to your sweet little one !
    Have I posted pollal vadai & nut cutlet here? - I doubt ! Are they my I T recipes ?
    If so, please send by pm !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Hello Suba !

Atta as well as corn flour are good. Corn flour gives a nice colour, thats' all !
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Feedback on JIL JIL J

Dear Chitra,

I prepared this famous madurai drink, JIL JIL J & it was yummmy.
    Ladies, pls do try this one - this will be an instant hit with kids & the old alike.
    I've 2 more tall glasses of Jil Jil in the fridge - with all the layers so clear, its eye-catching.

Chitra, for instant china grass - I used the pineapple flavour, couldn't find any other flavour & since I wasn't ready to wait, I went ahead with that.
    which flavour did you use???? I think raspberry & strawberry would be ideal..

another simple yet wonderful (drink) recipe.

thank you soooooooooooooooo much, Chitra.

Love & regards,

10. Chitvish

Nothing to beat my dear Madurai, even in a drink !

I used vanilla flavour. I think you can use any flavour - badam pista as well. It does'nt matter much really !
    Yes, you can arrange in layers & refrigerate. It does not get " messed up" !
    I must thank Sridhar for reminding me about it - I had almost forgotten it !
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.