Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthiji,
    You have written a detailed reply and very analytical in your approach.
    Even we are planning to buy our second house after sometime.

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

2. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

My wholehearted appreciations for the information you provide on this (many) thread.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Devi.

3. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. It helps us a lot in taking a decision. Also, thanks for enquiring about Music. Not yet put Kaaviya into class , waiting to turn 5. But teaching songs especially from your other thread on songs.:)

As of now, planning to look Bhaggyam and Appaswamy apts at pallikaranai when we come down to chennai. I didnt know that even Apts needs to be verified by us. I thought renowned builders and bank loan would be suffice. Land - am not hearing much as of now but on the look for either. lets see..

Thanks
    Priya

4. prabha1

prabha1 Bronze IL'ite

Please reply for the below mail, i have not received any reply till now

Tks/Regards
    Prabha:drowning

5. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

hi Shanthi,

Applause to you for your wonderful job, any ideas about Olympia Opaline could you tell me the current SqFt rate? which project is better DLF Gardencity or Olympia Opaline?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  6. pingpong

pingpong Senior IL'ite

Hello Priya,

The correct price around Perungudi lake is 60L/ground (I am so sure because we recently registered one). This area is under Urban Sealing Act. So kindly ensure that the land is free from urban sealing before you buy one.

Thanks!!

7. ECR

ECR New IL'ite

Buying Land in ECR

Hi,

I am new to this forum and was nice to see so much useful information being shared.

I was looking to buy land and have been doing a lot of research for the last 6 months and have found

- 3400sft in VGP layout Uthandi 1 (broker got from the magicbricks site). Rate quoted >500m is 70lacs for the entire 3400sft

- 2 1/2 grounds in VGP NRI layout for 65lacs per ground

My questions are

1. Is NRI layout in panaiyur better than uthandi layout
    2. Are both the layouts approved and can I get a loan
    3. <500m I am told I can buy here as the layout is CMDA approved and I can get a bank loan. It is cheaper to buy <500m.
    4. I personally was looking to invest not more than 50lacs but this 70lacs deal sounded good.
    5. Are these rates good and is it a good investment? If not, is it better to buy larger land further down. Your suggestions for any good land or dealer in ECR will be greatly appreciated.
    6. Most important, how do I verify that I am not being cheated as I have read horror stories about broker land grabber nexus

Sorry there were so many questions but it is so much difficult to buy land in ECR

thank you So much

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
  8. ECR

ECR New IL'ite

Re: Help needed buying Land in ECR

Hello moderators,

Your inputs will be very valuable. Also any feedback on the brokers shankai advertising in Hindu?

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Help needed buying Land in ECR

ECR,

I remember one of the active ilites writing about the acquifier regulatory zone in this forum. we infact have discussed some of the queries you raised.

regarding the brokers, no i do not know any of them, and i will stay away from them unless they are known to my family.

A little more idea for you about the 500m. and you need a minimum of 2 grounds to build a decent house because of so many restrictions in the height and frontage.

The Hindu : Property Plus Chennai : Eyes on East Coast Road

Is NRI layout in panaiyur better than uthandi layout
    both are developed.

2. Are both the layouts approved and can I get a loan
    with the banks becoming more and more wary, you need to give all the requisite documents.

3. <500m I am told I can buy here as the layout is CMDA approved and I can get a bank loan. It is cheaper to buy <500m.
    it is cheaper to buy as getting permission to build will not happen. and that is why it is cheaper..
    4. I personally was looking to invest not more than 50lacs but this 70lacs deal sounded good.
    again you are a better judge.

5. Are these rates good and is it a good investment? If not, is it better to buy larger land further down. Your suggestions for any good land or dealer in ECR will be greatly appreciated.
    if you are looking for farm lands, i think people investing in ECR have moved upto to marakkannam and pondichery..

6. Most important, how do I verify that I am not being cheated as I have read horror stories about broker land grabber nexus

that is something none of us can give you. for recently a article in hindu threw me off. a lady who had purchased a piece of land in chennai before relocating to malaysia?. during her vacation visit, she visited the land and found to her surpirse a for sale board. she contacted the person, and the person showed her power of attorney legally registered in her name, when the lady in question was not even in town.

10. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I plan to buy a land in Ponmar, Kanchipuram district for investment purpose. Is it worth buying a land in Ponmar? And, what is the current sq.ft rate in that area?

Is anyone aware of any promoters/builders in that area. Any idea about future appreciation. Pls advise.

Cheers
    Aana