Welcome your comments for SBS here, friends!!

Discussion in 'Step-by-Step Photos of Chitvish Recipes!' started by Chitvish, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Dearest Mrs.Chithra,

Tasted cabbage dhokla, oh my..how come it came out with such a nice taste & texture without eno salt. Maybe you were a Gujarati in your previous birth. REally, amazing. worth to try...First tried with 11 mts and found moisture on the top, so added 5 more mts and voila, came out without any ishku pishku!!

Bye.

2. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,

Made tiffin kurma for a party and it was an instant hit. Nobody believed it was home made(it was a pacca hotel style) and I'm excited to try my favorite bakery bread masala recipe over the weekend. Thanks a lot.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Possible, Rama!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    We both love Gujarathi food, V specially dhoklas!:). Now I have unearthed 3 more of my dhokla recipes from my recipe-treasure-trove!! They are khatta dhokla, white dhokla (similar to our kanciuram idli)& khaman dhokla (old fashioned, by grinding. What I first posted is now called nylon khaman dhokla by them!) :biggrin2:
    The trick of dhokla lies in avoiding ishku pishku!
    Our trick for kanchiuram idli & theirs for dhoklanow, are, adding fruit salt now to cut down on oil - previously the oil used to give the soft texture!
    Thanks & love,
    C

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. Chitvish

Dear Vidu,
    You are one, popularising the tiffin kurma. When your amma asked for the recipe, I went blank because I rarely make it since it has onions & V will not touch it!

Do, do, do try bakery toast - it is 'naeyar viruppam' from you!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    C

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear chiths
    My first fb in the sbs section.:)
    Tempted by the dosa spring roll I promptly tried it tonight for dinner with normal dosa batter as I had all the ingredients readily available at
    home.The taste was awesome!:bowdown A very fresh and different type of dosa.
    I actually sauteed the veggies with a pinch of ajino motto and substituted cheese with grated paneer. ONLY now I realised that the veggies had to be used raw.The end result was just superb :wowinspite of my goof up.:bonk
    regards
    Sowmya

6. Chitvish

Dear Honey,
    So at last entering this forum, exactly one year after it was started!:biggrin2:
    Never mind - better late than never!!
    After reading your FB,I think you have given it a more authentic chinese touch with stir-frying & adding ajinomoto!!
    Very good idea!!
    Thanks & love,
    C

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Second FB for spring roll dosa!! Indubitably wonderful in taste, Mrs.Chithra...We tasted the spring dosa when we went to restaurant once.Cant believe that I do it at my home.

Only you, you can make these kinds of twists. My daughter who is a picky on fresh veggies, she complimented that it tasted like olive pizza!! She was smelling smelling the rolls without eating her dosa. NO one could figure that I added capsicum or cabbage at all which is the highlighted thing. Dont take me wrong, dont have cheese or paneer at home. So, just veggies and chutney. For that itself, the flavor came out of the dosa was more than a restaurant's.

Have a few queries as usual...after transferring into the plate, dosa got stuck a wee tiny bit (due to its heat or how to avoid that problem) ? Have you put the veggies from the corner to roll or in the centre? I really want to try with the said batter as used the leftover batter like sowmya..Good that she mentioned that she did a mistake of frying. It makes a huge difference on eating raw veggies stuffed dosa.

Thanks a bunch.

p.s.: Before came to chennai, went to a restaurant here and read the dosa menus like pav bhaji dosa, pondicherry masala dosa, have you come across like this in Chennai, Mrs.C??

8. Chitvish

Thanks, Rama!!
    I was :idea why nobody tried dosa spring roll!!:

I think I have shown in the photo - I kept vegs in the centre & folded from either side. If I keep vegs on one side, I was not sure if I could roll it comfortably!!
    I have mentioned in one SBs - always sprinkle just a few grains of sugar on the plate before keeping the dosa to avoid 'sticking problem'!! This holds good for any dosa.
    Read all my posts carefully in detail, Rrama, my friend - so many tips may be, as though, hidden!:hide:
    Thanks a ton.
    Love,
    C
    To a spicy mixture of vegd, add pav bhaji masala & stuff - you get pav bhaji dosai.
    I am myself ready with 4-5 more dosas to post!! To one, I am wondering if I can give the name Mylapore Dosai!!

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Adding sugar, even I thought..but, again have my own doubts. Just thought that it is always better to check with you. Though I follow yr recipe to verbatim, somehow, the folding portion skipped, so rolled it.

Pls pls do post whatever dosa recipes one by one at yr convenience. sounds so good, Mylapore dosai or mylai dosai!!.

Thanks so much. Have noted down on pav bhaji dosa.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

joining the spring roll dosa bandwagon. i partially stir fried it, but just tossed the spring onions, capsicum in the end, so the crunchiness stayed.

what do i say..i really loved making them. they rolled into perfect rolls (not even when i made spring rolls did they turn out this perfect.), without much oil too..(. bone tired..so put the fp to full use, to slice the veggies.

and just made a spread out of red,green and tomato sauce.. but it is going to be a repeat at home..next time with paneer, cheese...

S was watching me reading the recipe.so when i gave him the rolled dosa, he wanted a little sauce..i said why sauce..he says that it was there in the recipe that you can have it with chutney..since there is no chutney a little sauce will do..:bonk:bonk..