Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,

I have the fbs for few of the recipes which I tried during the week end. Made Malabar Kootu Curry for saturday lunch. Substituted black karmani for the channa , it was awesome. Evening made Pani Puri for dd and her cousins (my sisters sons had come) . Added little pani puri masala in the mint chutney pani and added boondi also as filling in addition to chana, potatoes , and whole moong sprouts. All the 3 kids finished the whole big packet of puris.

Yesterday night made onion Rava Dosa - Two different Recipes. Had it with sambar. Added grated carrots also. Tasted excellent and with your tips on how to make the rava dosai, it came paper thin and crisp. Also after dinner made C T Chocolate Fudge - candy thermometer gives right results!! , which my dd was requesting for long time. Bought coco powder yesterday and tried it. This time I used CT , and exactly at 238 F , I removed from stove and followed all instructions. But some how I could not cut pieces. Earlier I had tried caramel fudge in MW and now chocolate fudge on stove top . Both times I poured the mixture on a greased plate and attempted to cut pieces and after failure scooped and kept it in paper cups and ate as fudge, this time I was confident as I had CT. But still the consistency was not hard enough once set and I had to scoop out the mixture and keep it in paper cups . Of course every one loved it and I distributed to sisters kids they also lapped it up . But only I felt little not confident as second time I didnt get pieces as shown in your photo. Where could have I made mistake?

Today for lunch box made double corn pulao and Boondi-Pomegranate Raita. Just had it , and was lovely. It was so easy to make and with minimum spices, it tasted heavenly. DD had it for morning bf and wanted for lunch dabba also.

thanks mami

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Damini,
    Garlic adds to the 'zing' factor - no problem!!
    Mae some more batter. Tonigt I plan to try
    Dosa spring rolls!!:hide:
    Hope it turns out well!:idea
    Thanks & love,
    C

3. Chitvish

Dear Radhi,
    Malabar kootu curry is more a PGT dish than Tvm! My MIL used to insist on 'elavan' & never compromise with chow chow!!
    That is great success with pani puri!!:thumbsup
    Thanks for all the FBs.
    Now for the fudge
    Did you measure all ingredients accurately??
    I am really surprised & I really cannot point out any specific reason!:spin
    Better luck next time!
    Thanks & love,
    C

4. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitrama am back with the Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes. I doubled the measurements given as I wanted to give it to a friend of mine, who is pregnant. The cake was very soft and tasted good with just the right sweetness. As for the decoration I added readymade icing with some coffee powder sprinkled to match the "brown-effect" :)...

I had to postpone the masala biscuits...will surely make it this weekend ma..

Attached Files:

5. Chitvish

Shuba, nice to see you back with an excellent photo with matching "accesories" like brown border et al!!:thumbsup
    It is good that you get ready made icing there :idea!!
    Coffee-cocoa combo is mocha & so, yours is mocha cup cake!:)
    I have attached your photo to my recipe.

Just a small mention - when you double a baking recipe, slightly (less than)double the raising agents. The same holds good for yeast.

No problem, take your time!!
    Next I plan to post my avatar muffin! :)
    Thanks & love,
    C

6. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

back after a longggg time...i have been trying a lot of your newly posted recipes..

made KHARA DOSAI,FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SALAD,CARROT-PALAK PARATHAS AND DOUBLE DECKER IDLI to name a few.

saturday was my hubby's birthday,i made SPRING ROLLS,KOFTA PULAO,TANDOORI POTATOES AND BOONDHI-POM RAitha,,ellame rombha rombha super a vandhdhu mami..dh relished the food to the fullest.

also made jiffy rabdi for dessert..the recent recipes added are too good..will try them soon..

i am attaching a photo of the dishes mami,,the rabdi is poured over baklavas in the photo..i made that at home too.

i could hear dh telling my appa that i have become an expert these days in cooking ,my sincere thanks to you for that..

lov
    aarthi

Attached Files:

7. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

wowwwwwww aarthi7 the food looks lovely and im hungry. happy bday to your husband

warm regards
    deepa

8. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Chitrama... I happened to see this readymade icing and quickly grabbed it and it simplified my work. But the only disadv is that it becomes slightly loose soon...so when the cakes are ready to be eaten ...just have to quickly do the icing and consume it !! Am curious you never mentioned which muffin !!!:roll:

9. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

aarthi loved your menu and the presentation !! Now am tempted to try tandoori potatoes... belated birthday wishes to your DH !!

10. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Thanks for giving links for palak kitchadi, paruppu arisi sappadu and hyderabadi kitchadi. I have not tried any of them, but shall try it soon and write to you.

I made Beetroot raita today for our lunch along with Keerai Mulagootal and avial. It was too good and went well along with mulagootal. I skipped curd rice and had raita instead. It was tasty and adding crushed peanuts made it very interesting to eat the raita as such. Also, I made roasted applams following your tip in MW, it was also very delicious.

Thanks for such yummy recipes.

Love and regards
    Priya

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010