Nutrition for New (err....) mom?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sumanr, Nov 26, 2010.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

DD is 1.1 year old. I had a normal delivery and recovered pretty fast. I have resumed work but I am feeling tired. I initially thought that this was a recovery people, but now I am getting concerned. I still feed her (2 times in the night).
    I had iron and calcium supplements until she was 6 mo and then stopped.
    My doc seems to feel that I am fine. But I am ever-hungry and tired.

2. shawrup

shawrup New IL'ite

Dear sumanr
    did you start work full time? why don't you cut down your working hours for few months? Eat lots of green veggies along with veggies. I am currently on leave taking care of my new born and i am little concerned of what will happen to my diet when i return to work. i am planning now of what i will eat and how much my working hrs will be. Please take care and eat well. get plenty of rest during weekend and evening time.

3. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

continue your vitamins while breastfeeding as your body is getting drained of nurtirents..

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sumanr, here are a few snacks you can much on which will give you energy and will also keep your tummy full and happy.

Baby carrots, celery sticks, fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese, eggs, whole wheat bread, chicken, sweet potatoes and dry fruits.

Pack any or a few of these before going to work and trust me, you will find the difference.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Ramya,

I feel the same. I started to take Mama protinex and manna health mix. I feel better now. Since im at home i feed M more times and its very tiring for me.