1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a HOUSEWIFE be inspiration/role model to others??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Sep 25, 2010.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

The jewellery in my closet bought from India was lying since months rolling into years now. I used to 'wait' for the occasion to wear them earlier. Sometimes it so happened that after the long wait when I got a chance to exhibit my jewellery I used to look overdressed as the host themselves looked quite simple. During my India trip, when I wanted to buy new jewellery, dh wondered if I would ever wear them or was it just an addition to the existing ones.

After change in my attitude, I now do not wait for any occasion, I wear jewellery just to feel good about myself.

I have realised that 'just feeling good' is not as simple as it seems. This needs to be practised daily. It should become a daily routine. The deep rooted frustration needed some strong doses of positive vibes to show results. I listened to all kinds of music and have a laughter hour everyday. I watch many laughter/jokes videos during this hour so that i relax and keep my mind free of tensions.

All the depressed ladies out there, please come forward and take this as a challenge/opportunity to renew your life as per your terms and conditions. The woman of the house has to be happy in order to spread happiness to other family members especially kids.

sindmani and swathiiyer like this.
  2. Ande

Ande New IL'ite

Hi

A housewife can be an inspiration/role model to everyone. Just my thoughts on this...

A happy housewife keeps a family happy. And we should keep in mind that happiness is internal and no external factors should affect it. If we tend to be happy for something that happens and unhappy for something that does not happen, then the happiness is always questionable.

Happiness is the result of contented mind. Contentment is achieved if we take everything in a positive stride and take things as they come. If we expect something to happen, there is a possibility that it may not happen and we may become upset. So Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

And a housewife has to get a break from all the normal household chores everyday. The 'break' can be anything....It can be learning something new which we have always yearned for, or listening to music, doing yoga...or may be even sitting idle and watching cars and people pass-by and enjoying nature.....

Come on!!! You can be happy and make your family happy!! Its really a great achievement if we can make someone happy!! Everyone wants happiness at the end of the day and we can be an inspiration to all of them!

My salutes to all contented souls out there!!

:hiya Wish you all a very peaceful and happy life!!

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

abc00,

Thats my DREAM JOB! ;-)

Very well written. You truly inspired us :thumbsup

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abc,

A real inspirational post by you. I went through all the replies and ladies you really managed it so well. Awesome work.

No one can overlook the hard work a house wife puts in to keep the house running but still very few step up to appreciate them.

I am a house wife and it was really inspiring to go through your post abc and also through the experience of other fabulous ladies.

God bless you.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

5. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Definitely 100% a housewife can be inspirational/role model to others.Our(me & cousins) role model is our granny, I adore her.I haven't found her psycological determination in any woman , we use to call her "Jeans paatti", such a lovable and respectable person.she is no more,I miss her a lot.

6. AnnaAnto

AnnaAnto New IL'ite

Who else will be inspiration / role model to others other than housewife, when she has the complete responsibility to take care of the family's welfare, health, future. Are we not taking our Mom as our role model for every task or every challenges we face in our day today life?. It is proven.

Awesome topic:thumbsup

7. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Im glad to share with you all that this thread has been the pick for the finest post of the month. Im thankful to smilealways who nominated it and to the moderators who selected this and to all members who responded here and made it successful.

sindmani and swathiiyer like this.
  8. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

I am also H4 Victim.
    When i did not have a kid i also used to look for ways to pass time and feel depressed.people especially some working women sometimes intimidate housewives willingly r unwillingly i am not sure about their intentions labeling us free or commenting like oh you are so lucky you have so much of free time etc etc..
    Now after having a baby i feel this is a blessing that i am a housewife.I can take care of my baby give her love,good morals,good education and all the attention she deserves.
    The whole time i am at home i try to give my baby the best of my efforts.
    And really my life has gotten so busy i don't know if i was working how would i have managed.I would never been able to do extra things which i am doing now for her and which i know going to be very useful for her in future.
    My mom was always working with 4 kids.i asked her how did you manage she said when you have no other way you have to leave kids on other people even if it makes you sad and make your body nothing but a machine.
    My mom has always been very confident and independent women but she also suffered in different ways.She was so hard working that i admire her but also feels bad that she could not give me proper attention and time when i needed that most.And she doesn't even know about that i feel like this and what impact her being working had in my life..Although i always used to feel proud about her among my frnz and relatives but in my heart i was never happy.I wanted her time.

Now I am happy the way i am.Now i don't care what others think of me being a housewife.I am proud of me.I will restart my career after my baby girl start going to school obviously if my princess is comfortable with that.
    And yes if we are not working it doesn't mean we don't have to look beautiful and sexy and we don't have to exercise our mind.
    I have lot of friends who were very successful in their careers in India and now they are on H4.But they are as sexy as confident and as attractive they were before or more than any other working or non working women.
    I am not saying anything against working women but everything has its own pros and cons.Its just the matter of priorities and opportunities and sometimes financial needs.Some women work just to get away from domestic problems like in laws problems etc.People have their own reasons.
    Whatever God has given us its best for us.:)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    sindmani likes this.
  9. Jayanthi

Jayanthi New IL'ite

Certainly a HOUSE WIFE is the best role model for anyone and will remain so forever.
    I really dont think anyone on earth can multitask so efficiently like her and still excel in almost everything.She will remain an unbeatable role model for all professions.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  10. firstbhagi

firstbhagi New IL'ite

Dear abc00

I really don't know if a housewife can be a role model to others but she can definitely stop looking for approval from others and make peace with herself and do what she can to feel happy and fulfilled.

Your story reads like it has been written by me. I too have been a housewife, looking after the needs of my family members and extended family of my husband for years and years together. It is only recently that my responsibilities have reduced.

Since decades have elapsed and I have lost touch with the professional world, there seems to be no place to fit in. I would not wish to do a full time job at this point of time. I would prefer a part-time job, but being India, getting a suitable part time job has not been easy. I would prefer to do a self created freelance job which would give me a neat packet as well as leave me with ample time to take care of my family. This way we can enjoy the best of both worlds.

Any skill one has can be converted into a freelance job. Make a collection of anything you are good at and ask any store to display it with a promise of a cut. Try it! Writing can also pay rich dividends.

I know it can be frustrating doing a thankless job day in and day out, but we have to make the most of our situations.

We really have no reason to feel inferior to those working outside home and receiving a salary. They have their own frustrations too and would secretly be envying us for staying at home. The grass always seems greener on the other side. For all we know they could just be pretending to feel important and professional but deep inside only they would know the truth.

One way of keeping abreast of our times, is reading. The more one reads, the more exposed one becomes. And when an exposed person communicates with an unexposed individual, whatever the profession being pursued by them, respect will automatically follow. Holding a job does not automatically beget respect unless it is accompanied by wisdom and awareness.

As I have pointed out earlier, stop looking for validation from others and develop your awareness and skills. Freelancing is always an option.

Do what you love doing. I love traveling and am doing a bit of it. I also do a bit of apparel designing and writing, besides reading. There is lots one can do. Time is never enough and is always a constraint.

We ladies in this forum could be a help to one another in different ways. What say?

Thank you ladies for letting me chip in. Also I would like to thank all of you for your insightful posts.