Less aminiotic fluid

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnshuSinha, May 13, 2009.

1. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

Re: Low amniotic fluid at 23 weeks

dear pmahensa, thanks a ton for the links.. a little relieved to know that the level is not that low.. anyway am alreasdy under rest.. just taking it day by day lets see... thanks

2. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

Re: Low amniotic fluid at 23 weeks

thanks prss... i am doing all i can from my end lets see...

3. AnshuSinha

AnshuSinha Senior IL'ite

Was just reading my old pregnancy thoughts.
    Lucky are those ppl whose babies can be saved. As I explained I had this low fluid issue in my 18-19 week, doctor just asked for bed rest and extra fluid. no one would believe, i drank more than a gallon a day just to save my baby.

But in my case, I blame my doctor, he was always rude,non compassionate and I am sure he didnt try to save my baby. I feel all this, coz he never did any 3D and did not put me on IV, did no regular monitoring, sent me home saying have more water and bed rest.
    come back after 4-5 days.

when I went to see him, he declared that baby is not alive.
    Somehow I feel, doctor knew all this would happen but he didnt save my baby.

Guys please take rest and always consult a doctor whom you can trust and who really cares for you.

Good luck and lots of love to all expecting mums...

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Low amniotic fluid at week 34?

Dear all,

When I went for my last check-up at week 31, my gynec suspected that I am small for dates. Hence he asked me for an USS on the same day, where he found out that my amniotic fluid level is little low. He didnt mention anything about the levels, didnt scare me much except asked me to take some rest, be hydrated all the time and eat well.

He asked me to come for the next check up in three weeks (at my week 34) for further details.. Hopefully he will inform everything on that day.

I did check this online and came to know so much about low amniotic fluid and the issues related to that. That really scared me lot.
    I am taking full time rest since the time I was advised to do so... and i really dont know my water levels (amount) to compare this with others.

Is there anyone with this problem? Kindly share your experience with me please.

PS: He said my baby is not small and he is doing fine.
    at the same time, he asked me to be cautious on its movements. Which is normal as of now:)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  5. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

Re: Low amniotic fluid at week 34?

Tugga,

I did read a little bit about it in different forums after I heard your issue. From what I had read so far,what you can do is to take

1. plenty of rest.

2. Keep your hydrated
    --->coconut water daily
    --->nutritious shakes & juices(add almonds, dates, nuts)
    ---->Jeera water
    ----->lemon juice(alternate with salt/sugar)
    ----->butter milk

3. You also need to take nutritious small meals to improve teh fluid level.

If you were too low, Dr.would have taken some immediate action. So do not get worried. take rest and eat well.

BTW- we share the same due date..Jan 16th...You will be in fine and in my prayers to remove all complications in pregnancy.

There was another thread regarding the same issue. Check it out

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/im-pregnant/79088-less-aminiotic-fluid-4.html

6. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Re: Low amniotic fluid at week 34?

My amniotic fluid level was low too,it was 8.1,usually it should be above 8 it seems,so I was on border level and was ordered CTG for 2 weeks to monitor the heart beat of the baby and scan was taken once in 3 days to check for levels,but the levels increased and became normal,usually in this case you may be induced at 37 weeks(37 weeks is considered full term) and the baby will be taken out,because if the levels kept decreasing there may be danger to the baby,I did one thing and it really really helped,as far as I know the reason was I was on little diet since I was diagnoised with diabetes but after I came to know about it I ate well again but went for walks after food,so my advice is increase your food intake,water intake and see if it helps,that was what really I did and it increased to normal level.Dont get scared too much,my baby was very very healthy with apgar score 8,had normal delivery too.good luck.be positive.I even had high BP and am hypothyroid and still baby was fine.dont worry.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010