Kuala Lumpur Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. LuckiestLadkhi

LuckiestLadkhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Padmal,

Sorry for the late reply. The day was good. Had work to do that's y couldnt be online earlier. My hubby just started biz. Now oni 1 year plus. I'll for sure will see ur posting about cloths dear.

Luv,
    Suzanne

2. PadmaL

PadmaL Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Its ok dear. I also was busy yesterday and abt 10.00am only today came to office. Went to bank to settle few things before come to office.

So how is work today?

Wish all the best for your husband's biz. Lots of hard work n time spend for first few years of biz..

Take care.

have a nice day
    PadmaL

3. LuckiestLadkhi

LuckiestLadkhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Padmal,

Thanx for your advice and wishes. All the best to you also.

Luv,
    Suzanne

4. PadmaL

PadmaL Senior IL'ite

Dear Suzanne,

Good morning.

How are you doing today?

I hv posted new picture of saree yest. Got blue and pink saree also.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Have a nice day

Regards
    PAdmaL

5. vanitharavi

vanitharavi New IL'ite

Hi all,
    As my husband is transfering his workplace we are about to reside in Brickfield, kulala lumpur. I have 2kids of 6yrs and 1.5yrs of age.
    I just want to know about the rent of 2bedroom flats and the cost of groceries , veetables, fruits ,etc.:idea
    Expecting some early

6. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Go to the thread cost of living in KL a lot of info frm friends there, hope to see u active on IL when u r in Kl

7. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Hi Vanitha,

Brickfields is essentially an Indian community area in KL. So, there is no issue for indian groceries/food items etc. Infact one of my friend told that an international school is in brickfields which has CBSE curriculam.

However, since it is indian area (ppl call it Little India too) ... so the rent is on little higher side (as compared to the amenties and location). There are few apartments in this area...the rent for these are below. I got this information from one of my friend who reside in brickfields only (for your refernce only).

Palm court -1400-1500RM
    Scott Villa mein arnd 2400RM
    Scott sentral suites - 2100-2400RM.
    Sri Impian - 2400RM
    Pines -1800RM.

Let us know if u need more information.

Regards,

M

8. Minalj

Minalj New IL'ite

Dear Vanitha,

Hi! I have recently moved out of KL and am in Singapore! However, the person M has replied to you and is absolutely correct. Brickfields is very much like Chennai and it has a couple of Indian grocery stores with all kinds of Indian foods. So you will have no problem at all.

The condos she has suggested are the main ones in the area and is practically full of Indian expats so making friends is a non-issue.

The area also has a couple of temples and has a weekly night market on Thrursday which you again get all fresh groceries.

Enjoy your stay and if you need any more information please feel free to drop in an email.

Minal

9. Reeta

Reeta New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Reeta here from KL, I have joined this site few yrs back but was just a log in member. I must confess this website is very informative and enjoyable!. Good to read interesting posts….wonderful

I have a hectic lifestyle but when I have time I like trying new recipes for family and friends, I enjoy baking and decorating cakes. I'm also into health and fitness club.I love life, laughter and beauty. I believe life is a precious adventure best enjoyed when we offer compassion, share wisdom and give love to each other.

I am happy to join IL

Reeta:)

10. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi vanitha..

we just moved to KL, brickfields(now officially little india)..
    It's just like chennai..
    I have two kids too 5yr old son and 3yr old daughter. We moved into suasana central condo a month ago.
    As for condos..

i don't know about palm court and scott sentral, but the current rental rate for a 2+1 flat in

villa scott - 2800 RM
    sree impian - 2000(unfurnished but quite spacious)
    pines - 1400
    groceries and stuff like that are a little expensive when you compare to india. But not too bad. The environment is very colorful and the best part is you have the GIIS (the only indian cbse school in KL )is in walkable distance. My son goes there.

Please feel free to ask anything else if you want. I will try to let you know.

:thumbsup