1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Not Consummated

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Loveneverfails, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Loveneverfails

Loveneverfails New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am here to get some inputs for my friend who had got married for 4 years and her marriage is not consummated still. The guy never seems to be impotent, infact hers was a love marriage. they were in courtship was more than 3 years and her parents dint like the proposal much though he is a relative of hers. Soon after marr they arouse lot of issues with joint family, privacy issues as she being brought up in a nuclear family with not much of relatives around found it diff to stay with mil and 2 sil. lot of dislikes and constant complains which stared early in the marr made the guy have great hatred towards her.

within a year when she realised things were not working bw them she came out of her house to her mom s house,.the guy was not ready for any compromise her parents made neither any relatives interference, finally after 2 years she herself took pains and begged him and rejoined him, but he turned more like a sage and his interests are towards helping friends(mostly girls) in their personal issues, becoming more spiritual to a extend that he had spent more than a lakh to go on a yatra and he is not int in sex and having kids. He talks and behaves to her like a 3rd person and does not show any concern towards her. She being the eldest in the family, her parents are not willing to break the marr for no good reason. They feel like time will heal or change his mind, tough they agree that it is his fault now.

My friend is very confused as she loves him but slowly trying to feel that the life which she is leading for the past 4 years is only full of pains and havocs. She tried to pull him to councelling, they met the most popular doc in town but he was not int in getting a soln for the prob as he feels life is over, constant fights and lack of her adjustement with his family members within 4 mths of married life broke their weddg which can never be re bonded. she still lives with her mil and sil's are married living very close by who visit them almost everyday and all week ends, he still never bothers that he has to patch up his life, but does every other thing which is not needed at this point of time.
    If she intends to come out of the marr, since the marr is not consumated, is there a way to get divorce without waiting for 1 year which happens in normal cases? what does annulment of a marr mean?
    Friends what would you suggest my friend to do at this point of time.

2. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Ask your friend to get separated and carry on with life. Annulment is dissolving the marriage and divorce is breakage of marriage. She's married for 4 years so there's no need for a waiting period of 1 year. If they go for mutual consent they will get the divorce in 6 months

3. Loveneverfails

Loveneverfails New IL'ite

Thanks Canwait for your response.
    But 125 views and only 1 reply :(
    She is so scared of her future with this relationship and without this relationship too.
    She is unable to ans her parents what next or how to improvise the current situation.

4. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

I can understand her scared about the future and what people think..Once she takes the first step,everything else will follow.All the best to her.
    Hope she find happiness soon.:thumbsup

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

That guy sounds like a looney nut. The sooner your friend moves on with her life, the sooner she will find happiness. 4 years is a long time to live in a miserable relationship. Best of luck to her.

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

First one must be inherently happy and then the parents enter the picture. The victim is not moving out because the bedroom AC did not work, she's moving out with a genuine reason and the parents just cannot object. They have to be a pillar of support. One of the serious mistakes women do are they never reveal their plight to their family at an earlier stage.

7. Loner

Loner Senior IL'ite

This forum advises women to keep everything between the couple.:spin

8. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Loner, please go through the threads of all the abused women. They had never revealed anything to their family until things went out of control. We must learn to snip-off at the bud. When we fail to do, we conduct our funeral and expect support. That's a gruesome problem. We need to take help from the family when it is of dire necessity.

9. vijaybhas007

vijaybhas007 New IL'ite

hi

Good that you have shared your problems with indusladies, then you get more points of view and it will give you a 360 degree of view.
    Your marriage is beyond repair, looks like he had a shock of his life, after marriage with 'you' with 'high hope,dreams,aspirations etc' but did not come out to his expectations and is in a different world and beleive me it is next to impossible for him to come out of it, even with counselling and psycharitic treatment, the damage is irrepairable, you are wasting your life.
    The best option for you is legal seperation by mutual consent, which i am not so sure, he will agree, come out of it, after finding a right job first so that you are financial independent and wait for a year or so and observe his behaviour and deceide to remarry and settle down, with new husband with in detail discussion of your first marriage.
    If there is no love,some marriages work.
    If there is no sex, it is no marriage or no love.

Wish you all the best.

10. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

Hi Loveneverfails..
    I pity your friend. I hope she tries till the min she has hope in changing him. I wonder why guys turn this way after marr, this being a love marr, how can sex be not involved in the marr. courtship days would be diff and married life ll be diff that too in a joint family with mil n sil, she might have taken time to get along. things ll seem new, environment ll be new lifestyle brought up ll be new. 4 mths is too shorter a time for any marr to get a fulls stop. I wish the guy is matured enuf to understand this and the girl will not repeat the same mistake which she did earlier.

vijaybhas007,
    I wonder why you say councelling or psychiatric treatment will not help the guy and ahy cant the marriage be repaired? every male and female have expectations in marr, and most of which fail but that is not the end of life right, why does this guy think so? I feel there might be some other reason too behind it. But i also wonder waiting for 1 more year is it going to help? already 4 years gone.. wierd of a case this seems to be